Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PRIME MINISTER: HISTORIC NIGHT! " A HUNG PARLIMENT "

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Corbyn will probably win an election in the future!

The frightening part of it is that he states the 5% will pay the burden of the extra monies to pay for all of their parties plans.

Can someone tell me when that happens that particular 5% leaves the UK who pays? Is it the 95% hmmm that's me and you!

We appear to be a credit card max it out society and I am afraid that's what the Labour Party are about.

Before we know Cardiff City will be like it, spend spend spend spend, oh haven't we been there?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Lightening the gloom...

"For Pete's sake, it's that Theresa woman again. Let's pretend we're not in." :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm

Not read the thread but wanted to say this as it is something a lot of people overlook.

It was good to see Chris Grayling put the record straight on the so called dementia tax tonight.

Been going on for years and anyone who doesn't realize it has just never been affected by it. My Nan had alzheimer's disease and had to go into a home in her mid 80's, she was a nurse in the second world war who was bombed in London and Manchester whilst trying to protect and serve people with illness, disease and those coming back from conflict. She could have stayed in Wales but put herself right in the face of adversity through difficult times. She worked herself to the bone to provide for her 3 children and ended up owning her own home, a modest terrace house in the Valleys and had an average amount of savings in the bank most of which had been left to her. When she had to go into care they took every single penny off her, her savings were evaporated and then they came for her house which was then sold with every single penny taken expect for £16,000 which is what you were allowed to keep. This was all under a LABOUR government so let me just say, when people choose to have a pop at certain political party's over their rules and regulations or whatever you want to call it be sure to know that the party you are supporting would see you better because I can tell you now from first hand experience, the Conservatives were offering a better deal through their so called 'dementia tax' 'paying for your care' than Labour ever were through the 90's and that my friends is a fact because I lived and breathed it.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 pm

RV Casual wrote:Not read the thread but wanted to say this as it is something a lot of people overlook.

It was good to see Chris Grayling put the record straight on the so called dementia tax tonight.

Been going on for years and anyone who doesn't realize it has just never been affected by it. My Nan had alzheimer's disease and had to go into a home in her mid 80's, she was a nurse in the second world war who was bombed in London and Manchester whilst trying to protect and serve people with illness, disease and those coming back from conflict. She could have stayed in Wales but put herself right in the face of adversity through difficult times. She worked herself to the bone to provide for her 3 children and ended up owning her own home, a modest terrace house in the Valleys and had an average amount of savings in the bank most of which had been left to her. When she had to go into care they took every single penny off her, her savings were evaporated and then they came for her house which was then sold with every single penny taken expect for £16,000 which is what you were allowed to keep. This was all under a LABOUR government so let me just say, when people choose to have a pop at certain political party's over their rules and regulations or whatever you want to call it be sure to know that the party you are supporting would see you better because I can tell you now from first hand experience, the Conservatives were offering a better deal through their so called 'dementia tax' 'paying for your care' than Labour ever were through the 90's and that my friends is a fact because I lived and breathed it.

this happened in my family as well. ..and am pretty sure that when TM anounced she and the Tories did so as a positive step..but everyone jumped on Jeremy Corbyn {who knew better } calling it a dimentia tax.
ive never seen an election like this for facts meaning zero.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I still think the main reason Labour did not walk this election was because of the famous four at the top. The Conservatives were there for the taking, as everyone has said the worse campaign in history, a leader seen my many to be weak and wobbly, annoying their core supporters (the older generation) so why were'nt they absolutely destroyed and replaced by even a moderately strong opposition. We really don't have a great choice or belief in our main parties at the moment. Perhaps England should have voted for Nicola Sturgeon and held their own independence referendum and left the union. ;)

10 nil down and came back to lose 10 -4 against a team having a total mare.
and he is calling for Mays resignation. .is he saying a better leader would have made him finish 3rd.?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:Not read the thread but wanted to say this as it is something a lot of people overlook.

You're right and (like many others) I've witnessed it first hand with my late father-in-law, who after running his own business for 50+ years had every penny taken down to his last £23k and they even tried to take the house off his elderly wife, who was (still is) at home. Had to get lawyers involved to protect her interests and that cost dearly too!

I had wondered about the so-called 'Dementia Tax' once it was announced and recalled my own (and my late wife's) experiences and it did cross my mind that the £100k seemed an increase on what I'd witnessed previously

But here's an original thought, and I'm happy to be corrected if I am wrong, but haven't the elderly (in the main) worked all their lives and paid taxes of all descriptions (including National Insurance) in order for the government and appropriate authorities to protect themselves in their twilight years??

That's certainly how I read it, yet it appears that after paying so much into the pot, they are then being asked to subsidise their own already substantial contributions if/when they dare to condescend to actually want some of it back in the form of health care!

We could discuss the FACT that monies raised are not automatically filtered into the very health care it is supposed to ensure (any more than the contributions to Public Sector Pensions or Road Fund Licensing are) but are rather filtered into often mad and/or underfunded 'schemes' that often have no real value; or to pay for expensive housing to immigrants who have contributed NOTHING to our economy or national infrastructure at point of entry to the UK

Not racist, just stating a fact and I say the same toward those (and we all know people) who have taken the decision not to (or some times never) to work because the very State System that then tries to deprive once hardworking elderly citizens of their life-savings, is geared towards them getting everything they need with little or no effort

There will always be exceptions but it appears that to date our 'system' appears quite 'set up' to see contributions redirected to people who have not (or occasionally cannot) contribute towards them at the expense of many of those who have

In my eyes, that simply cannot be fair and it takes away peoples incentive not only to work but to save for later life and for their children's and grand children's futures :(

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:07 am

found this question..and answer in a 2009 gaurdian.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/ ... care-costs

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 am

In my eyes Theresa May has two options

Option 1- Rip up convention and invite Jeremy Corbyn to select three MPs to join the Brexit team to have a united front on behalf of the UK. Minute every meeting and publish them every couple of months, obviously redacting the secret negotiating stuff, but let it be documented for the historians. They could also have a joint select committee to look at mental and old age care.

Option 2 - Bide time, wait for the leadership challenge, lose and allow another PM who has competence in campaigning to call another election.

She doesn't even consult with other tories so option 1 has no chance, so bye bye Theresa. :wave:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:43 am

We've just got to get on with it, May was weak and run a terrible campaign, but still could not be beaten.

The current Prime Minister, Theresa May, leader of the Conservative Party, was appointed by the Queen on 9 June 2017.

Let's hope we can for the next year at least just now talk football on here :lol:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:We've just got to get on with it, May was weak and run a terrible campaign, but still could not be beaten.

The current Prime Minister, Theresa May, leader of the Conservative Party, was appointed by the Queen on 9 June 2017.

Let's hope we can for the next year at least just now talk football on here :lol:

I agree entirely. Who do you think will win out of Corbyn City v Tory Town in next season's Brexit Cup? :lol:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Corbyn will probably win an election in the future!

The frightening part of it is that he states the 5% will pay the burden of the extra monies to pay for all of their parties plans.

Can someone tell me when that happens that particular 5% leaves the UK who pays? Is it the 95% hmmm that's me and you!

We appear to be a credit card max it out society and I am afraid that's what the Labour Party are about.

Before we know Cardiff City will be like it, spend spend spend spend, oh haven't we been there?

I noticed the institute of fiscal studies produced a report two days before the election showing who would benefit from the parties manifesto and it showed the poorer were still going to get poorer under labour and the tories but would have been better off under the lib dems.
With regards to the 5% and the cooperation tax history shows that the higher the tax goes the money collected barely changes as the larger institutions move their monies around.
Even if labour would have been successful in getting in some monies from the likes of Tesco and AXA insurance the loss of profit would come down the line to the consumer and the poorer people suffer again by paying more for their food, house and car insurance.
To me the reason we had a hung parliament was an appalling campaign by may and the gutless cow should have stood in front of the TV cameras and shown the labour manifesto to be a load of pie in the sky unfunded promises which if instigated would have put our country and grandchildren in hock for the next 50 years.
To me the economy is like a cake and you can only take a certain size slice in tax so in an ideal world try to get the economy to grow so the cake gets bigger and the tax slice gets bigger.
Alternatively just ask us to give up another 1p in income tax up to 50k and then 2p above 80k to allow all that money to go towards the NHS and other public services and I believe the majority of workers would accept it.
We just need some honest policies instead of the cloak and dagger and pie in the sky bullshit we have been putting up with the last few months.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

I've come to the conclusion that the Little Red Book wavers who want everything now for free are one and the same as the so called Greedy Fat Cats they want shot of as we can now see that the Labour Party doesn't give a toss for future generations like under Blair/Brown its spend spend spend and someone else will have to sort it out.
How people couldn't see that the so called Dementia Tax, coined by silly Tim of the Libs, I think, was a much better deal under the Tories.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:19 am

RV is bang on - millions of people still think money is free, and the Tories plan was one workable option.

Jeremy Corbyn could never make it on the Brexit team - he's far too male and white I'm afraid.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:54 am

City Slicker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We've just got to get on with it, May was weak and run a terrible campaign, but still could not be beaten.

I agree entirely. Who do you think will win out of Corbyn City v Tory Town in next season's Brexit Cup? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Re: ELECTION RESULT: HISTORIC NIGHT! A HUNG PARLIMENT

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:55 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:....... Back to football :bluebird:

Oh yes please.

Annis get us a CCFC news update for 8pm tonight. :lol:

:lol:

Wayne
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185284 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Sven wrote:THERESA MAY HAS REMAINED AS PRIME MINISTER

ELECTION RESULT: HISTORIC NIGHT! A HUNG PARLIMENT

Friday 9th June 2017

The Tories 319 seats, so will still be the largest party, Labour 265 and the SNP 34.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
The exit poll conducted by the major broadcasters has suggested that General Election 2017 is set to end in a hung parliament.

The projection would mean that Theresa May's gamble in calling the vote has failed.

According to the poll, the Tories would lose 17 seats taking them to 324. Labour would be on 266, a rise of 34.

The Lib Dems are forecast to gain six to 14 and the SNP forecast to lose 22.

A party would need 326 seats for a majority, leaving the Tories dependent on the support of another party.