Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another loss for corbyn and labour time he goes ???

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Labour lost again so isnt it time the communist resigned ????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Another loss for corbyn and labour time he goes ???

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 pm

After today, is it time to return to football matters?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:Labour lost again so isnt it time the communist resigned ????

Far from it. JC and Labour are going from strength to strength. Tories meanwhile are sinking to new depths :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:00 pm

nubbsy wrote:After today, is it time to return to football matters?

I second that!

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:24 pm

norms76 wrote:

I second that!

:lol: you didnt start wez thread eaelier hmmmm

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

Yes I did indeed, Wez Wally. That was a piss take regarding your weeks of anti labour bollocks in case you missed it! I also agree that the election is done, let's get back to football.

There's bigger & more important news today Wesley, Whitts is about to leave. :(

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 pm

norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

Yes I did indeed, Wez Wally. That was a piss take regarding your weeks of anti labour bollocks in case you missed it! I also agree that the election is done, let's get back to football.

If im wez the wally ,you must be norms the bellend yes ???????

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

Doesn't even go Wez mun. :laughing5:

It was a play on words Wez, it's gone over your head. "Where's wally" Remember him?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:59 pm

norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

It was a play on words Wez, it's gone over your head. "Where's wally" Remember him?

Norms the bellend goes well :lol:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

If I was going to offend you Wesley I would have called you a lot worse than a Wally ffs. :laughing6: :lol:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:54 pm

ffs wrote:

Far from it. JC and Labour are going from strength to strength. Tories meanwhile are sinking to new depths :ayatollah:

that was as poor a campaign as youll ever see. and not just TMs performance being the worse from a tory leader in my lifetime . they were all off message , all dropping bollocks..
and coming off years of austerity and a brexit vote where the tories pushed for remain.it wasnt off years of prosperity with a good will factor.

once the dust settles he will be gone..moves are already afoot to alter how the leader is picked.
i really dont get why anyone thinks he did well..the sole reason they were too far behind to catch up in the 1st place was JC.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:30 am

dogfound wrote:
ffs wrote:

that was as poor a campaign as youll ever see. and not just TMs performance being the worse from a tory leader in my lifetime . they were all off message , all dropping bollocks..
and coming off years of austerity and a brexit vote where the tories pushed for remain.it wasnt off years of prosperity with a good will factor.

once the dust settles he will be gone..moves are already afoot to alter how the leader is picked.
i really dont get why anyone thinks he did well..the sole reason they were too far behind to catch up in the 1st place was JC.

More of a case of how bad May did than how good was Corbyn.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ffs wrote:

yep...i think even Corbyn thinks that..he wants her to resign for being so poor.. which does actually speak volumes for his own performance.
or maybe like many on here he thinks 2nd is winning.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ffs wrote:

yep...i think even Corbyn thinks that..he wants her to resign for being so poor.. which does actually speak volumes for his own performance.
or maybe like many on here he thinks 2nd is winning.

The reality of course is how poor she was compared to how brilliant he was. If you doubt that just watch the trajectories of the two protagonists from now on :thumbup:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ffs wrote:

But corbyn did do pretty well considering the constant slander from the media.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 pm

norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I second that!

If I was going to offend you Wesley I would have called you a lot worse than a Wally ffs. :laughing6: :lol:

Meet the real Wez....Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior ;) :lol: :lol: :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Corbyn got the best result LABOUR has had for years even the young supported him so he is not going anyway I totally agree with the others can we get back to football matters f**k the election and MPs none of them are decent

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm

My main annoyance with Jeremy Corbyn and his fans is they have hyjacked the

"Oooo Kenneth zohore" song!!!!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Any way you try and paint it, the bottom line is that the Tories beat Labour again and have now secured a further 5 years in power...

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Tories won the popular vote too so this isn't even a Clinton trump thing.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:39 pm

T1JMO wrote:Any way you try and paint it, the bottom line is that the Tories beat Labour again and have now secured a further 5 years in power...

You think so?

Most pundits (including all the Tory ones I have seen) as well as a good few Tory MPs reckon it will be no more than 1 year until a new election. Teresa May will be dumped earlier than that. It only takes a few rebels or a handful of by elections and the Tory/DUP majority disappears. At the moment there isn't even a deal with the DUP - just talks about a deal.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm

I had a look at Labour seats in all the elections i can recall

79- 269
83- 209
87 - 209
92 - 229
97 - 419
01 - 418
05- 355

10- 258
15- 232
07- 262

I voted Labour in 97,01 & 05 because i trusted them on the economy. How will they ever convince middle ground floating voters they can be trusted again ? This is as many seats this version of labour gets IMO.

I can assure you the tories won't be this bad in 9 months time when the next election is called. New leader for the Autumn conference (its their MO)

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:12 pm

jon1959 wrote:
T1JMO wrote:Any way you try and paint it, the bottom line is that the Tories beat Labour again and have now secured a further 5 years in power...

You think so?

Most pundits (including all the Tory ones I have seen) as well as a good few Tory MPs reckon it will be no more than 1 year until a new election. Teresa May will be dumped earlier than that. It only takes a few rebels or a handful of by elections and the Tory/DUP majority disappears. At the moment there isn't even a deal with the DUP - just talks about a deal.

Jon, to be fair there is no "think so" involved here. 318 is more than 262 whichever way you want to look at things. There is no debate really, the Tories won more seats than Labour. They both performed miserably, the Tories for losing their majority, and Labour for losing to a party who had a nightmare of a campaign with a leader who inspires zero confidence. If it was'nt for the fact that a lot of the top respected Labour people refused to work with Corbyn and resigned from the cabinet, Labour would probably have won this election comfortably. Instead, nobody comes out of this well, including us.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I had a look at Labour seats in all the elections i can recall

79- 269
83- 209
87 - 209
92 - 229
97 - 419
01 - 418
05- 355

10- 258
15- 232
07- 262

I voted Labour in 97,01 & 05 because i trusted them on the economy. How will they ever convince middle ground floating voters they can be trusted again ? This is as many seats this version of labour gets IMO.

I can assure you the tories won't be this bad in 9 months time when the next election is called. New leader for the Autumn conference (its their MO)

Easy solution Dave, get off the "middle ground" and get back to reality with us. I think you will love it!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 pm

welshrarebit wrote:My main annoyance with Jeremy Corbyn and his fans is they have hyjacked the

:lol:

Maybe we can sign Corbyn up for next season and we can take it in turns singing the same tune for Ken and Jezza.

He could play on the left wing.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:58 pm

davids wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:My main annoyance with Jeremy Corbyn and his fans is they have hyjacked the

:lol:

Maybe we can sign Corbyn up for next season and we can take it in turns singing the same tune for Ken and Jezza.

He could play on the left wing.

He can't be any slower than Ledley. Sign him up I say.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

You think so?

Jon, to be fair there is no "think so" involved here. 318 is more than 262 whichever way you want to look at things. There is no debate really, the Tories won more seats than Labour. They both performed miserably, the Tories for losing their majority, and Labour for losing to a party who had a nightmare of a campaign with a leader who inspires zero confidence. If it was'nt for the fact that a lot of the top respected Labour people refused to work with Corbyn and resigned from the cabinet, Labour would probably have won this election comfortably. Instead, nobody comes out of this well, including us.

Both parties lost (failed to win a majority of seats) but the Tories won on penalties! They won but are in serious trouble.

It is clear though that when the ballots had been counted Labour was moving forward in seats and popular support and the Tories were going in the opposite direction. Both parties now face major 'challenges' but I suspect Labour in 2nd place are much happier about their position now than the Tories in 1st. It looks like a fair number of the anti-Corbyn big hitters are burying the hatchet and queuing up to join or rejoin the shadow cabinet.

But none of that was the point of my post. I was just questioning the claim that the Tories have secured another 5 years in power. I seriously doubt that. They may limp along for a while with their DUP 'confidence and supply' deal, but they are only just over the line with 10 DUP votes (even allowing for Sinn Fein abstentions) and are very likely to come unstuck long before the full term of this parliament. I'm convinced there will be another election long before the 5 years is up - probably in 2018.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

You think so?

Both parties lost (failed to win a majority of seats) but the Tories won on penalties! They won but are in serious trouble.

It is clear though that when the ballots had been counted Labour was moving forward in seats and popular support and the Tories were going in the opposite direction. Both parties now face major 'challenges' but I suspect Labour in 2nd place are much happier about their position now than the Tories in 1st. It looks like a fair number of the anti-Corbyn big hitters are burying the hatchet and queuing up to join or rejoin the shadow cabinet.

But none of that was the point of my post. I was just questioning the claim that the Tories have secured another 5 years in power. I seriously doubt that. They may limp along for a while with their DUP 'confidence and supply' deal, but they are only just over the line with 10 DUP votes (even allowing for Sinn Fein abstentions) and are very likely to come unstuck long before the full term of this parliament. I'm convinced there will be another election long before the 5 years is up - probably in 2018.

They will certainly struggle to govern for five years, particularly while having to sort out Brexit without a clear majority. Going to be very difficult for the party, and just about impossible for May to survive.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:28 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

You think so?

I think, on reflection, Labour will be cock a hoop they have come 2nd and not 1st this time. The Tories and their joke leader are severely depleted. Labour would do as well to leave them to implode and commit hari kari. Leave the excruciatingly difficult Brexit negotiations to them, it's a poisoned chalice and it could prove to be the final nail in their coffin.

In the meantime, Labour's​ time and efforts would be better served getting the parliamentary big hitters to coalesce around Jeremy and continue the good work of cultivating and consolidating the youth vote. Brexit is dead in the water, Labour's moment in the sun is so very close.