A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS / PLUS NEWS ON MANGA AND LEDLEY '

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:08 pm

In my view 10 to 12 days seems a long time to make a signing

Re: ' TWO NEW SIGNINGS,PLUS NEWS ON MANGA AND LEDLEY '

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:How many 90 minute games has Ledley played for club or country over the last two to three seasons?

We need first team players who can spend most of the season actually on the pitch if we're going to have a proper crack at top 6.

Not sure Joe can give us that any more.

for Palace 13 starts 2016/17 season {not sure how many were full games }. and 5 apps as a sub.
2015/16. 11 starts { again not sure of full games } .and 8 as sub.

Not good enough for the mighty Palace who will be back in the Championship soon enough. As far as being a Cardiff boy is concerned, he could'nt wait to get away last time he was here. I hope we have learned our lesson from signing over the hill players coming here for one last pay day before they move on with their lives.

Talking about over the hill, would Michael chopra fancy linking up with Ken?

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:31 pm

dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:How many 90 minute games has Ledley played for club or country over the last two to three seasons?

We need first team players who can spend most of the season actually on the pitch if we're going to have a proper crack at top 6.

for Palace 13 starts 2016/17 season {not sure how many were full games }. and 5 apps as a sub.

Not good enough for the mighty Palace who will be back in the Championship soon enough. As far as being a Cardiff boy is concerned, he could'nt wait to get away last time he was here. I hope we have learned our lesson from signing over the hill players coming here for one last pay day before they move on with their lives.

From what I remember Joe was refused the chance to even speak to a Premier League team (think it was Stoke) who had offered £5 million.

City turned the offer down, negotiations about a new contract stalled and a Joe was out of contract 12 months later. Who could blame him for walking away.

Be a great signing exactly what we need!!

it was Stoke..was 5mill..and was also on deadline day.
so there we are going for promotion ..and you really think selling Joe would have been the right thing.?
secondly..keep hearing he is a Cardiff boy..that season was our best chance for promotion for 40years. so what sort of Cardiff through and through person would even want to talk with Stoke in these circumstances.? plus you only allow players to talk to clubs AFTER a sale is agreed..so the not EVEN allowed to doesnt come into it..or do you think we should be chilled about clubs chatting up the likes of Zohore right now.?

So let me get this right...if YOU were a professional footballer and a team from probably the best league in the world tried to buy you for £5million...you would be happy if your employees turned down this offer to earn your boyhood club £5million, refused you the chance to probably treble your salary, set you and you family up financially for life and give you the chance to test yourself against some of the best players in the world???

I don't think so!!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Wow

What a miserable thread.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:24 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

From what I remember Joe was refused the chance to even speak to a Premier League team (think it was Stoke) who had offered £5 million.

City turned the offer down, negotiations about a new contract stalled and a Joe was out of contract 12 months later. Who could blame him for walking away.

so there we are going for promotion ..and you really think selling Joe would have been the right thing.?
secondly..keep hearing he is a Cardiff boy..that season was our best chance for promotion for 40years. so what sort of Cardiff through and through person would even want to talk with Stoke in these circumstances.? plus you only allow players to talk to clubs AFTER a sale is agreed..so the not EVEN allowed to doesnt come into it..or do you think we should be chilled about clubs chatting up the likes of Zohore right now.?

So let me get this right...if YOU were a professional footballer and a team from probably the best league in the world tried to buy you for £5million...you would be happy if your employees turned down this offer to earn your boyhood club £5million, refused you the chance to probably treble your salary, set you and you family up financially for life and give you the chance to test yourself against some of the best players in the world???

I don't think so!!

Quote (oohahhPaulMillar): "if YOU were a professional footballer and a team from probably the best league in the world tried to buy you for £5million"

With respect, that's not what happened though, is it?? :?

The Stoke deal never came to fruition and Ledley (egged on by his Agent) CHOSE to run down hs contract and take the first train out of Cardiff, which happened NOT to be in (quote you again) "probably the best league in the world" did it?

No, it was in the one-team Scottish League; albeit it they admittedly have massive crowds and play in Europe a few short weeks each summer

Ledley did it for the money and thought of no one but himself on a personal and professional level as he walked away smiling whilst his hometown club struggled to survive; the only irony being that he then missed out on being a Cardiff City homegrown hero (a la Craig Bellamy) when the club got its long-awaited promotion not too long afterwards

We'll all see it differently (including Joe) but it was what it was and all the slating of the Riddler on the matter needs to be tempered by what came out afterwards regarding the Agent simply not wanting to 'do business' and also the reports that Joe had 'other' reasons for not wanting to stay at that time :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:25 pm

eddiep wrote:Wow

What a miserable thread.

And your positively lightening contribution is....?? ;) :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm

I love tits, fanny and Cardiff

:D :bluescarf: :D

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:08 pm

eddiep wrote:I love tits, fanny and Cardiff

Plenty of the first two on here. :laughing6:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 pm

norms76 wrote:
eddiep wrote:I love tits, fanny and Cardiff

Plenty of the first two on here. :laughing6:

:thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:45 am

Bloody hell a lot of people being harsh on carl ffs
How often has he been right over the years
How often has he posted on here lately (not much) so I doubt hes making this up just for fun ffs
Give him a break
He's only saying a bit of news he's heard or believes to be happening
Keep it coming carl
It's then up to us to believe or not

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:11 am

Absolutely agree. I miss Carl's regular updates. This is a message board where we debate CCFC.
Keep it coming Carl. It doesn't matter if it all doesn't happen as things change daily which could affect a deal.
Great to see an update again. Keep them coming mate

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:26 am

2 signings in 2 weeks is hardly sticking your neck out but I do agree that it's up to us to read / believe it if we want.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:2 signings in 2 weeks is hardly sticking your neck out but I do agree that it's up to us to read / believe it if we want.

Andrew, Carl took some very unwarranted and occasionally personal stick of a certain number of posters who contributed little themselves (other than club and/or people bashing) on here a year or two ago and his regular 'updates' stopped

The idea of it all was that any information provided was (as you rightly stated) put out there in good faith according to the information available/supplied at that time. Despite some excellent contacts, it was never going to be 100% accurate (football is a rapidly changing scene) but it seemed that a few were just out for the 'sport' of picking up on everything that was put out there at the time!

IMHO, it spoiled it for a lot of people and most miss the 'updates' and, like you, they took out of them what we wanted to without feeling the modern need to criticise and bemoan everything that doesn't transpire

What we have read (by some) above just reiterates what we don't se those once eagerly anticipated 'Carl's Update' threads anymore and that's a huge shame :cry:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Didn't mind Carls updates and took them with a pinch of salt but me for one am pleased that NW seems to have stopped the leaks until deals done.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Cheers Chris.
They were indeed a good read and as you and I said, it's up to people to take from them what they want.
See you soon mate

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:02 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Cheers Chris.
They were indeed a good read and as you and I said, it's up to people to take from them what they want.
See you soon mate

Hopefully will do! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Not my idea of a footballer, cant pass the ball more than a a couple of yards, a bit like Gunnersson.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Not my idea of a footballer, cant pass the ball more than a a couple of yards, a bit like Gunnersson.

You've got a point, that's why I call him a water carrier.
Prefer Gunnar all day long.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:07 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don't think so!!

you dont think so.........wow......i really think anyone thats spent as much as i have watching this club being crap { many have spent more }..would give their right arm to play at all let alone in the best side we had for years.

loads of players have stayed loyal to clubs they have no real conection to other than playing for them.
had joe signed a new contract would we have got 5 more points..i think so...if we didnt would other offers appear..yes

truth is he treated us exactly like he would have treated any other club.......which is fair enough..as long then as he or people like yourself dont start the local boy nonsense.
im a Cardiff fan.. did i want to lose joe ledley for any amount in a season we had our best chance of promotion in 40 years no..our manager and board were 100% correct from this clubs point of view. and i think from a fans point of view.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:47 am

After watching Ledley playing last night,I'm even more convinced he would not be right for City or for how Warnock likes to play,Ledley played most of the game passing sideways or backwards,no inclination at all to play an incisive pass forward

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:59 am

angelis1949 wrote:After watching Ledley playing last night,I'm even more convinced he would not be right for City or for how Warnock likes to play,Ledley played most of the game passing sideways or backwards,no inclination at all to play an incisive pass forward

I agree. Those little passes would expose Gunnars lack of first touch and cause more problems than its worth. If he returns i can see Gunnar leaving.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:16 pm

angelis1949 wrote:After watching Ledley playing last night,I'm even more convinced he would not be right for City or for how Warnock likes to play,Ledley played most of the game passing sideways or backwards,no inclination at all to play an incisive pass forward

As said, I didn't watch the game but someone on FB mentioned a comparison to Ray 'Butch Wilkins! ;) :laughing6:

We have players who can do the simple sideways passes and what we need is a new Peter Whittingham! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Sven wrote:

As said, I didn't watch the game but someone on FB mentioned a comparison to Ray 'Butch Wilkins! ;) :laughing6:

We have players who can do the simple sideways passes and what we need is a new Peter Whittingham! :ayatollah:

Only my oppinion but whitts played more passes back to where it came from or sideways compared to foreward
Don't get me wrong here he could hit a brilliant 30 yarder but how often and how many per game ??!hmmm

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:34 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Only my oppinion but whitts played more passes back to where it came from or sideways compared to foreward
Don't get me wrong here he could hit a brilliant 30 yarder but how often and how many per game ??!hmmm

this is the case with all decent playmakers.. find space..recieve ball.look for run.maybe look again..nothing on..you keep possession.
there isnt always a ball on.in which case you dont just hoof it
as for comparisons to that rubbish butch wilkins. :lol: :lol: :lol: .you do realise he won 84 caps for England under 6 different managers, as well as playing for Chelsea, man united, milan and PSG..?
FB.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:32 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Sven wrote:

this is the case with all decent playmakers.. find space..recieve ball.look for run.maybe look again..nothing on..you keep possession.
there isnt always a ball on.in which case you dont just hoof it
as for comparisons to that rubbish butch wilkins. :lol: :lol: :lol: .you do realise he won 84 caps for England under 6 different managers, as well as playing for Chelsea, man united, milan and PSG..?
FB.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hint was in the ;) and :laughing6: after the comment re Ray 'The Crab' Wilkins, dogfound ;)

I just don't see Ledley as a City player and yes, my opinion is partly clouded by his previous antics, whilst also not being clouded by some loyalty to the Wales team that I am pretty ambiguous about at the best of times :ayatollah: