Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' £6MILLION FOR CARDIFF CITY PLAYER? '

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 am

' £6MILLION FOR CARDIFF CITY PLAYER?? ? '

Personally I find it very very hard to believe.

Neil Warnock responds to Sheffield Wednesday's Sean Morrison bid, with Cardiff said to want closer to £6m

HITC

Sunday 11th June 2017

Sheffield Wednesday are said to have bid £3 million for the Cardiff City captain.

Sheffield Wednesday's Adam Reach and Cardiff City's Sean Morrison in actionCardiff City defender Sean Morrison [right]

Cardiff City are seeking closer to £6 million for Sheffield Wednesday target Sean Morrison, Wales Online reports.

The Owls are said to offered £3 million for the Bluebirds centre-back, who it is claimed is happy at the Cardiff City Stadium and hopes to captain Neil Warnock's side to promotion next season.

And Warnock, the former Sheffield United manager, is quoted as saying: "[£3 million] wouldn't even buy one of Morrison's legs."

According to Wales Online, Cardiff believe that selling Morrison would "send out the wrong signals" ahead of a planned promotion push.

And another concern for the Bluebirds is the future of another central defender, Bruno Ecuele-Manga, whose contract with them expires at the end of this month.

It remains to be seen whether Wednesday, who have been defeated in each of the last two Championship play-off campaigns, will continue their interest in Morrison, who scored four league goals and created another eight this past season.

Owls boss Carlos Carvalhal is keen to add at least one new centre-back this summer and is considering bids for Grant Hanley and Daniel Ayala, of Newcastle United and Middlesbrough respectively, according to the Sheffield Star.

How much should Sheffield Wednesday pay for Morrison?

Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal (L) and owner Dejphon Chansiri before the gameSheffield Wednesday head coach Carlos Carvalhal [left] with owner Dejphon Chansiri
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' £6MILLION FOR CARDIFF CITY PLAYER? '

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 am

If we were really offered £3mill for Sean Morrison, I would grab it :thumbright: :thumbright:

That would send Warnocks budget to a whopping £9mill. :thumbright:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:If we were really offered £3mill for Sean Morrison, I would grab it :thumbright: :thumbright:

I'd keep him personally Annis, he's good for 5/6 goals a season and is very unfairly treated in my opinion. I thinks he's a solid CB and has formed a great partnership with Bamba.

If 3m is the going price in the Championship for a solid CB then we'd be no better off as we'd have to fork out that for one ourselves. I know some will say sell Morrison to fund Manga's new contract but I feel we should be looking to keep both.

I'd love Manga & Morrison both stay as I feel we need at least 3/4 decent CB's to mount a promotion challenge next season.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 am

norms76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If we were really offered £3mill for Sean Morrison, I would grab it :thumbright: :thumbright:

I'd keep him personally Annis, he's good for 5/6 goals a season and is very unfairly treated in my opinion. I thinks he's a solid CB and has formed a great partnership with Bamba.

If 3m is the going price in the Championship for a solid CB then we'd be no better off as we'd have to fork out that for one ourselves. I know some will say sell Morrison to fund Manga's new contract but I feel we should be looking to keep both.

I'd love Manga & Morrison both stay as I feel we need at least 3/4 decent CB's to mount a promotion challenge next season.

Norms, What I find strange is, I just can't get my head around this £3mill bid?

Morrison is a very consistent player/solid for us :thumbright: but not a Captain?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:42 am

Decent, solid championship defender...can't believe how much stick he gets at times

Yes, he does make the odd mistake but so does every other single defender in the championship.

I would be tempted to cash in at around £4 million if (and it's a big if) we can get Bruno signed up

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:47 am

So nothing really new since this storey broke earlier in the week, shame thought they had increased there bid

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Norms, What I find strange is, I just can't get my head around this £3mill bid?

Morrison is a very consistent player/solid for us :thumbright: but not a Captain?

I think he's been a decent captain to be honest. I know you'd prefer Gunner who I also think is a good captain for his country & would lead us the same but, Warnock works with them & Morrison must have the respect of the changing room otherwise Warnock would have changed that straight away.

I also think Bamba would be a good captain & I think that's a great thing that we've got a few leaders in our squad. :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:12 am

langstoneBlue wrote:So nothing really new since this storey broke earlier in the week, shame thought they had increased there bid

I think that was the posts intention ;)

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:24 am

Good to see we are back in a situation where WE set the price for OUR players.

Warnock will want to bring in better if Morrisons goes so NW sees £3m as not enough to get someone better.

We say £6m and we may meet somewhere in between. Warnock can then get better with say £4m.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 am

Can we get better ??? I don't see any in the Championship I know it is just a view of people but I think looking at the position of Centre Half and the price I think Warnock is right as they all make mistakes but where is there better in that price range

Is Bruno better? I don't know

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:05 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Can we get better ??? I don't see any in the Championship I know it is just a view of people but I think looking at the position of Centre Half and the price I think Warnock is right as they all make mistakes but where is there better in that price range

Is Bruno better? I don't know

Did we sign him from Real Madrid or something? He's not played any higher than the Championship and is just a poor man's Spencer Prior. There are others out there if the club can be arsed to look. Did we not find Loovens and Roger Johnson a few years back for little money?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Didn't we pay 5 mil for him ? What's the point of selling him for 3 mil, I wouldn't even sell him for 6 mil, he's a solid performer at this level keep him.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:55 pm

norms76 wrote:

Have to agree with norms here.
I certainly wouldn't sell for 3mill and, if true, the 6mill is probably to scare them off. I can't see any point whatsoever of selling him for that. None.
It's as plain as the nose on your face that Warnock rates Morrison very highly as do I.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I don't care that Morrison scores and assists for goals, I want a centre back who can defend crosses in his own box. Morrison has shown countless times that he switches off, loses his man, gets outjumped and is regularly at fault for goals we concede. He's also a liability when in a one on one situation against anyone with average pace and dribbling ability. For 3 million, I would bite their hands off. We can pick up much better centre backs for that price!

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:13 am

Every player has their price. I would say for consistency in a back four that having Bennett, Morrison, Bamba, and Paterson as the back four would not be bad for the Championship at all with Connolly and Peltier etc as back up. However, if somebody bids £4 million or more for Morrison then I would bite their hand off. It would boost Warnock's war chest and I'm sure we could find somebody equally as decent for that money plus any fees that Manga's departure would bring in.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Spot on :thumbup: