Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Who's out there thats better and affordable? "

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:19 am

Begs the question.

A lot of people on here are saying "Sell him Sell him"with regard to Morrison but I don't see any names as a realistic replacement.I've been a little critical on times re-costly errors but I can't see who's out there.The replacement would have to be tried and tested at this level because thats the way Warnock wants it.These days it would cost us the same money to bring in similar to him so who's out there?

Re: Who's out there thats better and affordable

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 am

I find it hard to pick a replacement too.

Re: " Who's out there thats better and affordable? "

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:" Who's out there thats better and affordable? "

Begs the question.

A lot of people on here are saying "Sell him Sell him"with regard to Morrison but I don't see any names as a realistic replacement.I've been a little critical on times re-costly errors but I can't see who's out there.The replacement would have to be tried and tested at this level because thats the way Warnock wants it.These days it would cost us the same money to bring in similar to him so who's out there?

None of us are scouts or have networks...... Warnock has contacts looking at a kids in L1 or L2.

Hand on my heart he is no better than Big Ben.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:45 am

Begs the question.

Matthew Connelly..Lee Peltier...Callum Patterson

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 am

I would sell him and put some of the money towards a decent contract for bruno manga.
That would leave us with manga, bamba and connolly as centre backs.
Peltier as 4th cover.
Then Make gunnarsson captain

I dont think we would need to replace him . Spend the rest of the money on a decent striker on loan

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:17 am

thomasblue wrote:I would sell him and put some of the money towards a decent contract for bruno manga.
Peltier as 4th cover.

I dont think we would need to replace him . Spend the rest of the money on a decent striker on loan

Makes sense to me :bluebird:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 am

Spot on! Sell him and use the money to keep Manga! With Manga , Bamba, Connolly and Peltier we would be very well stocked at CB and can use the rest of the money to strengthen elsewhere!

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:51 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Spot on! Sell him and use the money to keep Manga! With Manga , Bamba, Connolly and Peltier we would be very well stocked at CB and can use the rest of the money to strengthen elsewhere!

Totally agree but we would then be down a defender. HOWEVER as a backup we could afford to go with someone of age but with experience.

Welcome back Mark Hudson. :)

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:25 am

Keep Morrison and Manga! Isn't our absentee owner still a friggin billionaire? I think Morrison shouldn't be captain but he improved a lot under Warnock, scores goals and makes them .
I trust Warnock with this one and agree with him, except....Gunnars for captain.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:07 am

Imo not the signings yet to challenge for the play offs let alone automatically.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:46 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Spot on! Sell him and use the money to keep Manga! With Manga , Bamba, Connolly and Peltier we would be very well stocked at CB and can use the rest of the money to strengthen elsewhere!

HALFORD is a CB !!!!!!!! We have all forgotten about him

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:49 am

thomasblue wrote:I would sell him and put some of the money towards a decent contract for bruno manga.
Peltier as 4th cover.

Fully agree with this. Keep manga who is class and more potential. Only sell morrison if 4m miminum plus sell on clause

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:53 am

Am I right in assuming that Morrison's deal runs out next summer? If so and this offer is legit, surely we have to cash in. If as the club keep telling us, we are close to falling foul of FFP, then receiving £3m into the coffers shouldn't be sniffed at.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

Begs the question.

None of us are scouts or have networks...... Warnock has contacts looking at a kids in L1 or L2.

Hand on my heart he is no better than Big Ben.

But why would we sell an experienced and highly rated championship defender and bring a 'kid' in from league 1 or 2?

Ben Turner was a top defender just couldn't pass to save his life.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Egdun wrote:
Peltier as 4th cover.

Doesn't make sense to me or apparently Neil Warnock thank goodness.
I rate Manga highly and would love to keep him but not at Morrisons expense. Manga misses loads of time through injuries and also a month or so for ACN.
Morrison is solid, dependable, scores goals, a better player Ben Turner and our captain.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Egdun wrote:
Peltier as 4th cover.

I rate Manga highly and would love to keep him but not at Morrisons expense. Manga misses loads of time through injuries and also a month or so for ACN.
Morrison is solid, dependable, scores goals, a better player Ben Turner and our captain.

Some sense here,like I said at the top

Every player has his price I know but unless we can get someone in as a like for like then we'll be shooting our-self in the foot.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:24 pm

I am not the biggest fan of Morrison because his distribution off headers is diabolical and puts us under pressure. But, He wins shedliads of aerial duels and is pretty quick for his size. He's not good if turned but he doesn't get turned that often. Manga is very weak on physical presence both in the air and on the ground, he can't compete with big forwards. His strength is chasing back and taking the ball off attackers. They complement each other but they are not a straight replacement. :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 am

JayCee wrote:I am not the biggest fan of Morrison because his distribution off headers is diabolical and puts us under pressure. But, He wins shedliads of aerial duels and is pretty quick for his size. He's not good if turned but he doesn't get turned that often. Manga is very weak on physical presence both in the air and on the ground, he can't compete with big forwards. His strength is chasing back and taking the ball off attackers. They complement each other but they are not a straight replacement. :bluescarf:

Good post this and I agree. I would love to keep both but £4 million + is awfully tempting.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Egdun wrote:
Peltier as 4th cover.

Some sense here,like I said at the top

Every player has his price I know but unless we can get someone in as a like for like then we'll be shooting our-self in the foot.

Agree with sneggy and OGEB here... Manga and Morrison are different types of players. We need to keep both imo.