Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

To the Ledley haters

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

He's just about completed 90 minutes and played brilliant. Too good for us.

Re: To the Ledley haters

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Why would anyone hate him ? I hope he comes back :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Full game 93 minutes , blowing at the end, but so was everyone.
The way he played today, I agree too good for us. But if its true he wants to come back and take a pay cut, well who knows ?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I'd love to have him back. Cracking player and easily good enough for what we want. Would take pressure of Gunnar too

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:50 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:He's just about completed 90 minutes and played brilliant. Too good for us.

Brilliant? Talk about over egging the cake. He was largely anonymous.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Who hates Joe Ledley?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Brilliant???? I watched him closely and thought he was poor. Put in a few crosses and oooh he lasted 93 minutes!
I've seen milk turn quicker.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Hardly blowing at the end because he was making lung bursting runs into the serbia box right at the end, looked fit and full of passion, put some good crosses in worked hard, i was surprised infact at how quick his passing was on the ball, always keeps the ball and very good technically. Would be a good signing imo..

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 pm

I thought he did ok but Its possible that the excitement is largely about the fact that he completed 90 odd mins

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm

It's easy to look half decent with Ramsey and Joe Allen alongside you. The question is, would he be an upgrade on Gunnarsson and Ralls? Would he be able to last the tough Championship schedule of Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday games at this stage of his career, when he struggles to last a game normally? Do we want someone who wants to use our club as his retirement home to wind down his career, or use the wages to bring in someone who actually wants to be here and can improve us? Personally, I would rather us go for someone like Charlie Adam, a player who has a bit of end product who can chip in with goals and assists and knows what it's all about to get out of this division. Our midfield lacks creativity and I don't see what Ledley will add to be honest.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It's easy to look half decent with Ramsey and Joe Allen alongside you. The question is, would he be an upgrade on Gunnarsson and Ralls? Would he be able to last the tough Championship schedule of Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday games at this stage of his career, when he struggles to last a game normally? Do we want someone who wants to use our club as his retirement home to wind down his career, or use the wages to bring in someone who actually wants to be here and can improve us? Personally, I would rather us go for someone like Charlie Adam, a player who has a bit of end product who can chip in with goals and assists and knows what it's all about to get out of this division. Our midfield lacks creativity and I don't see what Ledley will add to be honest.

We let Bellamy use us as a retirement home & earnie & koumas

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Ledley is class at our level. Still find it strange we have fans out there who think he's past it?

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:16 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:He's just about completed 90 minutes and played brilliant. Too good for us.

Didn't watch the game, so cannot comment on how he played but a decent result for Wales and a little unlucky not to win :thumbup:

Regarding the OP, I don't believe anyone 'hates' Ledley. That's a strong word at any time! :roll:

However, people can (and do) disappoint and Ledley is certainly in that category for many Cardiff City fans! ;)

You make your own decision on him and I'm sure others will do the same. It's your/their prerogative and it's all based on how they perceive his actions before/after leaving the club

So don't presume people have to 'hate' just because they feel he let down the club and its fans. It's just opinions and a sense of disappointment at the self-interested actions of a homegrown player and his Agent! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:27 am

Hardly a retirement home when he has just turned 30 this year, last time I checked that's not very old even for a midfielder, players now last up to 36, even 37 who knows how long Joe will be playing for but if he does sign for us it might even be a 1 or 2 year contract but I still doubt whether he will retire here if he is only here for a couple of years.

Every time i've watched him play for Wales he hasn't always been the star player fair enough, but he has always been solid and consistent, often enough he lasts majority of the game, he isn't always taken for fitness reasons, tactical reasons come into it aswell, besides which he isn't the one who chooses whether he stays on or not it's down to the manager.

I for one would be very happy if Ledley did sign for us, he's still a quality player in my opinion and nothing will change that, well nothing for now anyways.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 am

There are no "haters", just some fans have a different view.

I watched Joe very carefully. He didn't lose the ball, he just layed it off, played it simple with 2m~5m passes often backwards. You know the ones, the passes the "get it forward mun" fans used to scream at Whitts. The problem is Gunnar doesn't like them as it exposes his lack of a first touch. Oh to be able to lay it off to Joe Allen or the god that is Rambo every week.

I can't help but feel if Joe comes home, it will be Gunnar leaving as well as Whitts. And if that did happen Warnock better get us promoted as champions, because if two players split our fan base it's Gunnar and Whitts.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 am

I always thought he was a better version of Mile Jedinak

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 am

Really don't think there are any Ledley haters. I just wonder if he's a priority when we've got Ralls ( very similar) and O'Keefe ( I know he's not as good, but a tidy squad player). At present, there's also Huws, who came on last night and did fine. A creative, goal-scoring midfielder is a priority and that's not Joe.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:01 am

people asking would he be an upgrade on gunnar or ralls

Pfaffing right he would, he'd be the best midfielder at the club simple

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 am

Reza wrote:people asking would he be an upgrade on gunnar or ralls

Pfaffing right he would, he'd be the best midfielder at the club simple

Gunnar and Ledley together would be the perfect fit.
Ralls is highly overrated and I'd let the guy go if an offer of 2mill came in.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 am

Bizarre criticism of his performance last night by some. Closing angles and space, keeping the play linked, and marking out passing opportunities. Just because a player doesn't assist, score, or bang a long ball 35 yards doesn't mean they play shit or are anonymous. Perhaps your awareness of the way a game functions needs re-evaluating? I can guarantee, if Ledley was shit or anonymous then we wouldn't have come away from Belgrade with a 1-1 draw.

I hope we do sign him. We need more defensive stability in the middle. Gunnarsson and Ledley playing as a DM pair with Ralls in front is not a bad prospect. Let's hope he comes on board.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:53 am

Zabier wrote:Bizarre criticism of his performance last night by some. Closing angles and space, keeping the play linked, and marking out passing opportunities. Just because a player doesn't assist, score, or bang a long ball 35 yards doesn't mean they play shit or are anonymous. Perhaps your awareness of the way a game functions needs re-evaluating? I can guarantee, if Ledley was shit or anonymous then we wouldn't have come away from Belgrade with a 1-1 draw.

I hope we do sign him. We need more defensive stability in the middle. Gunnarsson and Ledley playing as a DM pair with Ralls in front is not a bad prospect. Let's hope he comes on board.

2 stoppers and a willing runner is not the stuff that promotion is made of.

He'd be an upgrade on Gunnar, but we still need a passer/playmaker

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:06 am

Ledley and Gunnarson holding would make us hard to break down but we desperately need a creative midfielder. If he's affordable then sign him but i would prefer a more attack minded midfielder before we brought him in.