Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Fraizer Campbell Now a Free Agent And? '

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 am

Former Cardiff City striker Fraizer Campbell has been released by Premier League side Crystal Palace

Cardiff City's top priority this summer is to sign a proven striker.

Monday 12th June 2017

Fraizer Campbell's contract at Crystal Palace will not be renewed this summer.

Campbell is now a free agent and a number of clubs from the Championship will be interested in him,plus ex Championship Huddersfield Town.

Campbell was signed from Sunderland in the January transfer window of 2013, where his goals helped put Cardiff in the Premier League.

He would go on to be Cardiff’s top scorer that season in all competitions before the Eagles would activate his relatively low release clause to bring him to Selhurst Park.

Campbell has been linked with a move to his home town club Huddersfield Town, the Premier League new boys interested in the services of the former Sunderland according to The Sun.

Campbell’s appearances were limited with the Eagles last season, making just 13 appearances with most off the substitutes bench, scoring just one goal in the season.

Many Cardiff fans would love to see Campbell return to Cardiff City and Campbell as a free agent could score the goals in the Championship as he has proved he could do before.

It will be interesting to see where Fraizer Campbell will go?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Fraizer Campbell Now a Free Agent And? '

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 am

Huddersfield earn big bucks with low price release clause in contract on relegation.

Hmm where have I seen this before :D

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 am

:banghead: another Fraizer Cambell post.Is he coming this time?wish I had a pound for every time this guy was mentioned :lol:

I think even I've started 1 or 2 threads in my time :oops: Luv him here though I think he's out of reach.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 am

Strikers on the downgrade are not a good recipe, we need guys on the up.

He is 30 in two months time

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:58 am

Yes loved him first time round, one of our very few quality players in a sparse Premiership season, however I'm not sure he'd be right for us now and in any case his wages are likely to pose us problems.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:11 pm

he will be 30 in September. spent the vast majority of that time with prem clubs but his best prem tally is 6 goals.

real real shame. i know he probably has a pretty healthy bank balance but could have been a legend somewhere/

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:37 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Strikers on the downgrade are not a good recipe, we need guys on the up.

I would normally be of the same opinion but the difference is now that we already have two young strikers on the up in Zohore and Healy (plus Saadi maybe) so I actually think we need an experienced Championship striker and Campbell would certainly fit the bill.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Strikers on the downgrade are not a good recipe, we need guys on the up.

I would normally be of the same opinion but the difference is now that we already have two young strikers on the up in Zohore and Healy (plus Saadi maybe) so I actually think we need an experienced Championship striker and Campbell would certainly fit the bill.

I feel Warnock is keeping his powder dry for Sam Gallagher..... Currently we still have Lambert as well

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm

He's a massive chance waster, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, Huddersfield can have him ......

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:He's a massive chance waster, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, Huddersfield can have him ......

Sit on the fence why don't you. :lol: