Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh and Serb fans fighting

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:55 pm

i thought we were mates?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Welsh and Serb fans fighting

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:i thought we were mates?

Wasn't that Serbia fans trying to rip down Welsh flags from a dividing fence rather than fighting involving Welsh fans?
A generalisation I know, but Serbian football fans have a long standing reputation for being violent racists.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Keith.
Other Serbian fans gave the flags back to our fans.

Clearly the majority have more respect

They could have a look at some of the Swansea aLoyal pics and think Welsh fans are racist bigots too.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Got to say we had a great time in Belgrade, we were made welcome everywhere we went and had no trouble at all. Our group stayed away from the main pubs where most of the Welsh drank, we found back street boozers away from the centre and we drank with the locals, they were good as gold. Two of us didn't have match tickets so we watched the game in a pub full of Serbia fans and had a great night, lovely people, top quality lager, fantastic city.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Just got home. What a trip!
The atmosphere was awesome

The lad who got hit with a javelin, a firework and a shoe, has got a cracking tale to tell :clap: :laughing6:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 pm

griff105 wrote:Just got home. What a trip!

The lad who got hit with a javelin, a firework and a shoe, has got a cracking tale to tell :clap: :laughing6:

He was on the plane near us today telling everyone he got blown up in Belgrade :lol:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 pm

frazier wrote:
griff105 wrote:Just got home. What a trip!

He was on the plane near us today telling everyone he got blown up in Belgrade :lol:

:lol:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 am

I was in belgrade and come across this pic on twitter on Sunday night of a Serb giving a Welsh flag back.

Good trip, good atmosphere in stadium but rather annoying being kept behind for an hour after the game.

I didn't see any fighting all weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 am

Shame what some wankers did. Majority of the Serbian fans inside the stadium on Sunday night are coming to Belgrade once ore twice a year to see some football game. We call them derby fans. On the photo you can see Partizan fan who is giving back Welsh flag.
I want to apologize in my name for things some idiots did.
Anyway, we had great time with our Cardiff City mates.

PS I was in your end, with you and I enjoyed there.