Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports News: " Mike Ashley/Chinese "

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:27 pm

MIKE ASHLEY / CHINESE NEWCASTLE

Sky Sports

12/06/17

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has received significant international investment interest in recent weeks, including one party from China.

It is understood Ashley, who has reportedly tried to sell the north-east club twice in the past, is now considering all options open to him.

Back in 2015, Ashley insisted he would not sell the club unless they had won a trophy or qualified for the Champions League.

He told Sky Sports: "We are now definitely going to win something and, by the way, I shan't be selling until we do.

"[I won't be selling] at any price. And by the way, when I say win something, if we ever get in a position of a Champions League place, that counts as winning something."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sky Sports News: " Mike Ashley/Chinese "

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 pm

NEWCASTLE TAKEOVER?

Could Newcastle's summer of transfer spending be affected by a club takeover?

According to Sky sources, there is significant takeover interest from a Chinese consortium and a number of international parties thinking about buying the club off current owner Mike Ashley.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm

He needs to go, a big club like Newcastle shouldn't be in our division or near relegation, a top club.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:39 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:He needs to go, a big club like Newcastle shouldn't be in our division or near relegation, a top club.

Totally agree Dando :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Looking at the title of the thread I thought it was going to be a photo of a big plate of chow mien, sweet and sour. Chicken balls, spare ribs and s spring roll

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet he could demolish a set meal for two