Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A big opportunity for the club '

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 am

I like many of us are very excited for the new season to start! :bluebird:

More so now as we have Warnock, and with Warnock there's always a good chance of having a successful season and I don't mean - bang - automatic promotion immediately, but I mean to make something happen - challenge for the top 6 and even make the playoffs.

Perhaps go on a cup run.....win some of the big matches home and away. With this all in mind, the club are about to unveil the new kits/training gear and other merchandise etc.

The look of the new kit appears to have been kept under wraps more so this time around. It's a massive opportunity for the club to unveil a kit which follows the traditions of the club (in that I mean like a yellow twist or something) and it would be equally a good thing in terms of the badge too. I believe it could well bring some fans back and increase merchandise and ticket sales.

Now it's clear that the main attraction for people is success on the pitch and that alone would probably bring in a large percentage but that along with the "brand" angled correctly would really do wonders for the revenue of the club.

I've loved our kits since returning back to blue and the badge IMO is ok but I loved the badge from 2011 however it can be expected that club badges change over time in any case. I guess what I'm getting at is Right Club, right colour and brand, right manager, right season = big bucks for the club!

Re: A big opportunity for the club

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am

Quite right about badges changing and we all will have our favourite over the years.Always liked a bit of the Welsh dragon.If our owner wants the Malaysian dragon on the badge how about joined dragon heads facing each other?One Welsh one Malaysian.Can any forum members create a few examples and post on here?Would do it myself but haven't got the know how.Thanks

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:52 pm

[quote=

More so now as we have Warnock, and with Warnock there's always a good chance of having a successful season and I don't mean - bang - automatic promotion immediately, but I mean to make something happen - challenge for the top 6 and even make the playoffs.

Perhaps go on a cup run.....win some of the big matches home and away. With this all in mind, the club are about to unveil the new kits/training gear and other merchandise etc.

The look of the new kit appears to have been kept under wraps more so this time around. It's a massive opportunity for the club to unveil a kit which follows the traditions of the club (in that I mean like a yellow twist or something) and it would be equally a good thing in terms of the badge too. I believe it could well bring some fans back and increase merchandise and ticket sales.

Now it's clear that the main attraction for people is success on the pitch and that alone would probably bring in a large percentage but that along with the "brand" angled correctly would really do wonders for the revenue of the club.

I've loved our kits since returning back to blue and the badge IMO is ok but I loved the badge from 2011 however it can be expected that club badges change over time in any case. I guess what I'm getting at is Right Club, right colour and brand, right manager, right season = big bucks for the club!

[/quote]

i will refuse to read anything of volume without paragraphs, i'm sorry

Re: ' A big opportunity for the club '

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm

We are Cardiff city football club.why on gods earth would we want a Malaysian dragon on our badge?.we represent the capital city of wales ffs.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:51 pm

skiprat wrote:We are Cardiff city football club.why on gods earth would we want a Malaysian dragon on our badge?.we represent the capital city of wales ffs.

The badges are not always representative of the clubs themselves, when was the last time you saw a real Bluebird in Cardiff, and if the badge truly reflects the club how come Swansea don't have a giant turd on theirs.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Just put of interest why is the subject of my post in single inverted commas? Also the subject title has appeared again above my post....I never did that?

Anyhow, back to the post itself - meant as a real positive read. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:37 pm

ThomasC wrote:[quote=

i will refuse to read anything of volume without paragraphs, i'm sorry[/quote]

No need to apologise mate - it was done deliberately so you couldn't read it! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:

No need to apologise mate - it was done deliberately so you couldn't read it! :ayatollah:[/quote]

Lost me now, it's got paragraphs! As for the changes to the post, that's what they do on this site, change people's posts, add photos, weirdos tbf. I've never known it to happen on any other site.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:

Tradition? So for how many years out of the whole history of the club did the kit incorporate yellow? It was popular but hardly traditional.

No need to apologise mate - it was done deliberately so you couldn't read it! :ayatollah:[/quote]