Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY LEAVES & SENDS CITY FANS A MES

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Although this isn't a shock,this is devastating news. One of the best players I've seen at Cardiff,who always had that little extra bit of class. I met him before the Villa game this year because he wasn't in the team due to injury. He signed my programme which I will treasure for as long as I can remember. Form is tempoarary but class is permanent and it oozed from Whitts throughout his city career. Good luck to him and I hope if ever comes back to play against us,he gets the biggest reception possible.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Sadly best for both whits and Cardiff city he has been a great servant to us and there are so many great goals he scored but for me that goal in the quarter final at boro I will always remember plus the goal against Barnsley a great goal take some beating.

He was such a cool player I am also relieved he wont be playing against us as he would score lol

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Absolute legend. And total respect for hearing that he wants regular game time. Goodbye whits

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 pm

was surprised we managed to keep hold on to him for so long to be honest especially after the season he scored shit loads of goals ! the guy experienced and played a big part in virtually all of our recent achievements, ...He does what he wants....

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Thank you for your 10 years of impeccable service, so sad to see you go but I fully understand and appreciate that you would rather play each week than sit on the bench or in the stand picking up a big wage. Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Been a great player for the club, you won't see many players spend ten years with us.

Personally, I feel it's the right time to go - and he can leave with his head held high.

Wish him luck at Blackburn, and I don't think any of us will forget him.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:35 pm

I cannot think of a better midfield player during the 50+ years I have been watching the City and whilst I understand that every player eventually leaves I feel sad tonight, but Whitts has left so many fantastic memories from his 10 years at the club it will be impossible to forget his contribution.

Besides so many fantastic goals, assists or just top class passing and crossing with Whitts we were lucky to have a MODEL Professional and there was never even a whisper about bad attitude or behaviour.

Some of the knuckle draggers on this board will be celebrating tonight but you can see from the contributions on this thread Whitts was loved by the vast majority of our fans.

And so he should be - Good Luck for the future Pete.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Here's to you Peter whittingham. ..........legend gutted but understandable shows his class not willing to sit on bench and pick up his 15-20000 a week :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Way too good for league 1 but wish him all the best and thanks for a great 10 years Shirts. Hope Blackburn storm league 1 next year

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Predictive text does my head in . That was Whitts not shirts lol

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Predictive text does my head in lol
That was Whitts not Shirts lol

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 pm

A very sad day. The finest footballer I have ever seen playing for the City, (and I go back to the 60s), and an absolutely top bloke. All the best, Peter.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Top player, top man I will never see his like at the club again.

Good luck Peter, as you say you will look for our result first on a Saturday I will look first to see how you've done.

A legend without a doubt best wishes my friend!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Gutted. Thanks for the memories Whitts and good luck. A proper City legend and due a massive testimonial so we can wish him farewell. One of the best footballers I have been lucky enough to see week in and out for years. Not happy about this but there you go.

Just about sums up how I feel. His Newcastle exit was not the right way to go.

Everything eventually changes but I'm as gutted about this as when Marshall left. There should be a testimonial game and I'd love to see DM included in that as for me, both were part of the backbone of our squad, model professionals and gave us all a lot of very happy memories. Bluebirds to the bone and I'd love to see them both back with us in some capacity at some point.
:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Good Luck WHITTS - Your time here will be remembered - Cheers :thumbup:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 am

Good luck Whitts. A true servant to the club. Enjoy Blackburn. It is a beautiful place ;-)

Re: ' PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY SAYS GOOD-BYE '

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:58 am

adamt958 wrote:Gutted to see him go, but fully understand his reasoning. A 2 year deal and almost A guarantee to be playing football week in week out. Possibly the best for all parties.

Agree! Seen Whitts do imposible things and make them look easy.
One of the best players i've seen in a city shirt but I think its time for him to move on now.
He'll be brilliant in league one and no doubt the Blackburn fans will love him.

I read the forum and some have doubts about this signing, Some didnt even know who he was.