Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY LEAVES & SENDS CITY FANS A MESSAGE

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 pm

' PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY SAYS GOOD-BYE '

But City will now save up to £100,000 a month on his wages.

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Peter Whittingham has agreed to join Blackburn Rovers on a two-year deal.

“I’ve had ten-and-a-half awesome years at Cardiff City, reached several cup finals that I never thought I’d reach, won promotion and played a lot of games at this great Club."

Cardiff City FC

Tuesday 13th June 2017

Following his move to Blackburn Rovers, Peter Whittingham has asked for us to release the below note to the Cardiff City support…

“I’ve had ten-and-a-half awesome years at Cardiff City, reached several cup finals that I never thought I’d reach, won promotion and played a lot of games at this great Club.

“For me now, it is time for a new challenge. I’m not one of those footballers who can train all week and sit and watch a match. I want to play as many games as possible - and I think at this stage of my career this move will help me to do so.

“I would like to thank the players and staff who I’ve had the privilege of working with, and playing alongside, at firstly Ninian Park, and later Cardiff City Stadium."

“I must say, my rapport with the Cardiff City supporters is something that I’ve always cherished. Hearing the Bluebirds fans sing ‘that song’ made every moment wearing the no. 7 shirt even brighter. Thank you all for your support.

“City’s result will be the first I check every Saturday evening.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY SAYS GOOD-BYE '

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Peter Whittingham joins division one club Blackburn Rovers

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Peter Whittingham has agreed to join Blackburn Rovers on a two-year deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Gutted to see him go, but fully understand his reasoning. A 2 year deal and almost A guarantee to be playing football week in week out. Possibly the best for all parties.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 pm

The guy has been an absolute legend. Nothing more to be said.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:29 pm

His name will be remembered here for a very long time. Class act.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:29 pm

You've been a good servant to this football club and given me many great memories including two of my all time favourite goals - away at Middlesborough in the FA Cup and then that special one at Leicester. Great goals. Good luck Whitts.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Great player and a great servant but it was time for him to move on with our best wishes.

How much would a 22 year old Whittingham be worth in today's market??????

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Not only a true legend but a genuine great,loyal servant to our club.Absolutley gutted he didn't end his career with us but it wasn't to be.No one is bigger than the club itself.
Fair play to him for wanting to play as much as he can before he ends his career.
Good luck to him and his family on their new adventure and a huge thanks for all the memories :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Absolutely gutted but at the same time know its in the best interests of both parties, wish him all the best absolute legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:40 pm

A city legend In my 40 plus years of watching city he has to be the best player who has played for city ,especially over the length of time he has been with us . It will be a long time until we see such a great servant to the club again
All the best to you Whitts

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:43 pm

What a guy, what a player, he is a Legend here and nothing will change that.

Thank you Whitts, A real Bluebird :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:44 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Goodbye and thank you Whitts for some memorable moments :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Its a pity to see him leave, but understandably, its best for all parties.

Goodbye Peter, you are a true professional,,, in every sense of the word.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Nooooooooo !

let the hoof ball begin

Re: PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY LEAVES & SENDS CITY FANS A MES

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Blackburn to go straight back up and Whittingham top scorer.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm

He does what he wants , Good luck Whitts,hopefully a promotion season for you,and another medal ;)

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm

So sad, good luck Peter.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Dai Drope wrote:You've been a good servant to this football club and given me many great memories including two of my all time favourite goals - away at Middlesborough in the FA Cup and then that special one at Leicester. Great goals. Good luck Whitts.

Plus the best goal ever likely to be seen at CCS - that flick and volley against Barnsley form 30 yards. Great player and a humble man. Wish him all the best in his new challenge.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 pm

He'll be a fantastic signing for Blackburn and will be absolutely superb in that league.

If I'm being selfish I'm glad he didn't go to another Championship team as it would have been terrible to see him lining up against us, especially if it had been with the Wurzels.

So thanks for everything Peter. Your best years are behind you and your legs are gone but what a magnificent servant you were to our club with so many memories and wonderful goals to cherish.

I wonder if we'll ever see a player stay at our club for such a long time again and have such an impact on our style of play.

Wishing him all the very best for the future both on and off the pitch.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Testimonial :bluebird:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Class player and club legend. All the best for the future whitts.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Gutted today, he's way too good for league one. The most natural footballer I've seen in my near 30 years watching City.

I personally felt that he could have played at Championship level for another 2 years, preferably with us. Bye Whitts, I think this is one decision Warnock has got wrong. :cry:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

What a player and really sad to see him go elsewhere - but can't blame him - he wants to play every week. Have been watching the Bluebirds for over 50 years now and he would certainly be in my all time favourite team. Will watch out for Blackburn results next season - may well bounce straight back. Thank you Peter Whittingham and best of luck for the rest of your career. :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Great player, great guy and a Cardiff City legend :notworthy:

All I can do is wish him all the very best for his future :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :wave: :wave:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Peter Whittingham,you were one of the greatest players ever to play for Cardiff City.I feel blessed that I got to see you play so many games for city and see you score many fabulous goals.Cardiff City "MUST"give you a coaching role at the club when you finally hang your boots up.You will return one day, and be where you belong once again.

PETER WHITTINGHAM-CARDIFF CITY LEGEND :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Great player on his day but don't understand all the shock horror stuff seemed pretty obvious he wasn't going to stay.
Sorry to see him head down a division but that's where he thinks he'll get game time best of luck to him, Will the savings go on Manga ?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

norms76 wrote:Gutted today, he's way too good for league one. The most natural footballer I've seen in my near 30 years watching City.

I personally felt that he could have played at Championship level for another 2 years, preferably with us. Bye Whitts, I think this is one decision Warnock has got wrong. :cry:

If he gets them promoted next season we could see him back at CCS playing for Blackburn at Championship level! :o

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Testimonial :bluebird:

What and stick it on Mothers day again like Kevs? f*cking pathetic.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 pm

davids wrote:
norms76 wrote:Gutted today, he's way too good for league one. The most natural footballer I've seen in my near 30 years watching City.

If he gets them promoted next season we could see him back at CCS playing for Blackburn at Championship level! :o

I thought Warnock said we're going up next season. ;)