Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY LEAVES & SENDS CITY FANS A MES

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Gutted to see him leave, but I understand him wanting to play every week and not be a player who picks up his wages and is happy to sit on the bench (like some players at CCFC). He will always be my fav Cardiff city player of all time and hope he does great at Blackburn and enjoys himself. A true Cardiff City legend. Thank you Whitts.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Absolutely gutted.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:59 pm

KWest wrote:Absolutely gutted.

me too losing interest in next season

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Annis, good to see you and Carl in Santa Ponsa on the weekend, bit sad to see Whitts go, a True Bluebird legend but good luck to him, fully understand he needs to play each week Regards Dave :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I've said it before on here - I was really annoyed and very disappointed to see him subbed in the way he was last home game versus Newcastle. Manager let himself down big time then I'm afraid.

As for him playing for Tony Mowbray, I understand that he wants to play the game like Whitts, on the deck and to one of his players; hardly rocket science.

Being a bloke I cannot express what pleasure Whitts has given me and my own watching him - diamond of a player, one of our own.

Sad day :cry:

CTID

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
KWest wrote:Absolutely gutted.

me too losing interest in next season

Honestly, in Whitts' departure, I feel that the heart of the club has gone too. Going to take some time to get over this.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Peter Whittingham = Legend. :ayatollah: :bluebird: :notworthy:

City's loss - Rovers' gain

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:06 pm

good luck peter you was a great servant to our club hope you get what you deserve from them - I had great pleasure in sponsoring you and thanks for making memories with my family good luck and god bless xxx :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Hope the club haven't spent any money on him modelling the new kit :shock:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Good luck to him, been a decent player for us, but his time had come to a natural end. As for a testimonial, please NO.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:10 pm

mallo wrote:good luck peter you was a great servant to our club hope you get what you deserve from them - I had great pleasure in sponsoring you and thanks for making memories with my family good luck and god bless xxx :bluescarf:

top post :bluebird:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:14 pm

remember him as a left back when he first came to us if i remember correctly. turned out to be a real role model and a legend of a player for all city fans !

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:I've said it before on here - I was really annoyed and very disappointed to see him subbed in the way he was last home game versus Newcastle. Manager let himself down big time then I'm afraid.

As for him playing for Tony Mowbray, I understand that he wants to play the game like Whitts, on the deck and to one of his players; hardly rocket science.

Being a bloke I cannot express what pleasure Whitts has given me and my own watching him - diamond of a player, one of our own.

CTID

I think the idea behind Neil taking him off was so us Fans could give him a Standing Ovation that he so deserved, knowing that this could be his last home game for the club a True Bluebird Legend. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:23 pm

bluespeers wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:I've said it before on here - I was really annoyed and very disappointed to see him subbed in the way he was last home game versus Newcastle. Manager let himself down big time then I'm afraid.

CTID

I think the idea behind Neil taking him off was so us Fans could give him a Standing Ovation that he so deserved, knowing that this could be his last home game for the club a True Bluebird Legend. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

The fact is no-one really knew what was happening, for a player who has been here for 9-10 years the way it's been handled is shocking and once again embarrassing by the board and manager.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm

bluespeers wrote:

CTID

Don't think that was in Warnocks mind at all,didn't seem to acknowledge him when he came off!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:44 pm

I saw him today as well.
Complete legend and a top bloke. He just wants to play every week and get a 2 year contract.
I wish him all the best.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks for everything. :ayatollah:

End of an era.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 pm

In modem day football to stay at a club 10 years is almost unheard of.
Whitts really did give his all for ccfc I've loved watching him play for us .seems like ages ago dj signed him from villa.
He will always be allowed to do what he wants in Cardiff.
Another like super kev a city legend.
Good luck to him and thanks very much for your loyalty and commitment for over 10 years.
He'll be missed.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

And here's to you Peter Whittingham
City loves you more than you will know
Oh oh oh. Legend.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Been at the club through our most successful period in the modern era, last player to grace Ninian Park and CCS. :notworthy:

Wish he had stayed, but showed what a true professional is willing to do, (lambert :oops: ) to play every week. Glad he went to Blackburn as Brizzle would have been painful.

To me this cranks up the pressure on Warnock as this has been his biggest decision and the message is long direct football to Kenny, Ward, Mendez, our new injured full back is a big unit as well.

I would hope we don't give the 7 jersey to any Tom Dick or Harry.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Whitts is a city legend. The term legend is used too frequently these days but 100% whitts deserves this accolade. Why annis needs to mention the wages saved is beyond me. Let's remember him for the loyalty and fantastic goals that we were able to witness.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Gutted and sad to see a legend leaving our club. i guess it was going to happen at some point soon. He is still a great player and could have stayed in the championship for a couple more years but best of luck to him at Blackburn and hope he does really well!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Absolute legend and thank you Peter for so many wonderful memorys. Be weird seeing him play against us one day.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Peter Whittingham - an absolute legend. So sorry to see you go but good luck in the future. Hope you get a promotion next season.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :occasion5:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

In my top 11 in the 47 years of supporting the City.

Many of this goals worth the admission fee alone.

A credit to our club and himself. He will be missed and I don't remember saying that about many ex-players.

Whitts - THANK YOU

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:23 pm

I have always said we will not realise his contribution on and off the pitch until he is gone.

My prediction is by december we will be crying out for a player who can play a killer pass, deliver a pinpoint corner/free kick and change a game from midfield by quality passing and slowing play down when needed.

At this point whittingham will be top of the stats table, possibly even scoring table for blackburn. He is a class above anything in that league.

Warnock has made his first big mistake with this decision imo and he will regret it within a few months.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:27 pm

A fantastic servant, probably the best midfielder at the city in 40 years.
Stayed loyal and only his wish to play every week , necessitated a move.
Some great goals, the one at middleborough in the cup which took us to Wembley was world class.
Best of luck next season.

Not many players receive a great ovation on their return,I guarantee everyone will be off their feet to pay tribute to one of the city greats.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Gutted. Thanks for the memories Whitts and good luck. A proper City legend and due a massive testimonial so we can wish him farewell. One of the best footballers I have been lucky enough to see week in and out for years. Not happy about this but there you go.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Gutted. Thanks for the memories Whitts and good luck. A proper City legend and due a massive testimonial so we can wish him farewell. One of the best footballers I have been lucky enough to see week in and out for years. Not happy about this but there you go.

Just about sums up how I feel. His Newcastle exit was not the right way to go.

Re: ' PETER WHITTINGHAM FINALLY SAYS GOOD-BYE '

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Dai Drope wrote:You've been a good servant to this football club and given me many great memories including two of my all time favourite goals - away at Middlesborough in the FA Cup and then that special one at Leicester. Great goals. Good luck Whitts.

How about a Poll, which was the best Peter Whittingham goal ever? Plenty to chose from for sure :notworthy: