Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCK GIVES UP ON HAYES '

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:49 pm

JONNY HAYES: CARDIFF BOSS NEIL WARNOCK CONCEDES DEFEAT OVER ABERDEEN WINGER

_96469974_gettyimages-692301610.jpg

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has given up on signing Aberdeen's Republic of Ireland winger Jonny Hayes.

The Bluebirds had two bids turned down in January for the 29-year-old and are believed to have made a recent offer of £1.2m.

Hayes, who has a contract at Aberdeen until the summer of 2019, is also a target for Scottish champions Celtic.

"You can only wait for so long and you've got to move on," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"Aberdeen want two players from Celtic and they've been messing us around for quite a few weeks now.

"And it wouldn't surprise me if their manager Derek McInnes goes to Sunderland either - there might be other motives behind everything stalling.

"We've moved on and gone on to another one or two targets that haven't been mentioned yet."

Hayes has made 206 Aberdeen appearances in all competitions, scoring 29 goals, since arriving from Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2012.

The former Leicester City player previously worked with Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers at Reading.

Although conceding defeat on Hayes, Warnock said he was "optimistic" on adding "one or two" players to Cardiff's squad within the week, one of which he revealed was a striker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARNOCK GIVES UP ON HAYES

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Good to hear we are getting on with things and not letting one player mess us around.

The striker he's talking about will more than likely be Ward and glad he recognises we need another midfielder to take over from whitts, I wonder who the goalkeeper on his 'wishlist' is as well.

Warnock is definitely not going to let people take the Mick and he is getting stuff done from the sounds of things, which Is good to hear for once :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Nice to have a manger savy enough to see what's really going on and won't let himself or the club be used. Well done NW on to the next one.

Also maybe the talks with Manga went well consider NW is now happy with his defensive options?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 pm

From what he saying I think it will be Ward and Lee Camp will come in midfielder haven't got a clue

Like the fact he's not waiting around and I believe there is a lot better out there than Hayes quite happy we've moved on

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 pm

JakeBluebird wrote:From what he saying I think it will be Ward and Lee Camp will come in midfielder haven't got a clue

Like the fact he's not waiting around and I believe there is a lot better out there than Hayes quite happy we've moved on

Me too, I don't want us paying out to get him here if he isn't that interested in joining us.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Hayes waiting to see if his manager gets Sunderland job. At least we can give him stick if he does and plays here next season, which we have done to numerous players over the years who have done similar.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Hayes waiting to see if his manager gets Sunderland job. At least we can give him stick if he does and plays here next season, which we have done to numerous players over the years who have done similar.

Yes, it seems like that is was he is waiting for, either way two big losses for Aberdeen.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 am

Great news in my opinion. If he was 25 it would seem like a better value price for him. I hope he does well in the future though as he seems like a decent chap.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:27 am

Fergy1927 wrote:Great news in my opinion. If he was 25 it would seem like a better value price for him. I hope he does well in the future though as he seems like a decent chap.

He's a lovely fella but I think we can do better tbh. He's fantastic on his day up here, but when he has an off day, he's f*cking awful!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:28 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Nice to have a manger savy enough to see what's really going on and won't let himself or the club be used. Well done NW on to the next one.

Also maybe the talks with Manga went well consider NW is now happy with his defensive options?

That's also how I read it :thumbup:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:42 am

Plenty more fish in the sea. Start snorkeling again Neil.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 am

Just be used to get his move to Celtic IMO, glad to see NW using his vast knowledge to see this and nipped it in the bud, My view is lets get players who want to wear the shirt not just because we will pay more. them days have gone thank feck. :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Good, he's looking to get a deal with Celtic & Aberdeen are using us to get Celtic to stump up what they want. I don't think him & Aberdeen have any interest in doing a deal with us.

Move on our Neil & get someone who wants to be a Bluebird. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK GIVES UP ON HAYES '

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Celtic & Aberdeen agree on deal for Hayes.....Move on NW, as he's obviously happy to play in the tin pot league against nobody's every week!!