Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

so in the end it came down to money !

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Peter Whittingham

Well looks like whitts has gone hmmm
two year contract in division one pays more than one year contract with the club hes been so loyal to for the past ten years hmm
lets be fair to him , hes only been earning £1.2 million a year with us for his last contract think it was a three year deal that one
so he obviously needs the two year deal hes now got
how lucky we were he was so loyal to us staying all those years on the miserly pay we were giving him (dont be silly the money we gave him was not the reason he stayed ) it was definatly his loyalty
loyalty my arse

Re: so in the end it came down to money !

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Well looks like whitts has gone hmmm
two year contract in division one pays more than one year contract with the club hes been so loyal to for the past ten years hmm
lets be fair to him , hes only been earning £1.2 million a year with us for his last contract think it was a three year deal that one
how lucky we were he was so loyal to us staying all those years on the miserly pay we were giving him (dont be silly the money we gave him was not the reason he stayed ) it was definatly his loyalty
loyalty my arse

Not like you to slag Whitts

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm

troobloo what an idiot you are, we only offered him a one year deal with no guarantee that he would not be sitting on the bench, after training all week, after that one year deal we offered he would be nearly
34, just who do you think would want him then, at least there would be a possibility that after the 2 years. Blackburn might offer him another year if he has played well, which I think he will, why don't you grow up and don't be so jealous :thumbup:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 pm

loyalty my arse

I think he had a season and half of kicking the ball as hard as he could down field with our previous manager and couldn't stomach another season of it from the bench......... I believe he'll be allowed to pass under Mowbray

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Doesn't everything?

Wonder what you would do if your employer offers you a new contract on half the money whilst another company offers you a better contract over a longer period

I'd think of my family

Best of luck Whitts - you totally deserve it - Thanks for the memories

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Are you for real, the bloke wants to PLAY FOOTBALL.This is a pathetic post.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
loyalty my arse

I think he had a season and half of kicking the ball as hard as he could down field with our previous manager and couldn't stomach another season of it from the bench......... I believe he'll be allowed to pass under Mowbray

so mowbray a better manager than warnock
I see its not the money its the opportunity to play for a better manager

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:03 pm

RV Casual wrote:Are you for real, the bloke wants to PLAY FOOTBALL.This is a pathetic post.

in your oppinion but not mine
truth hurts eh!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 pm

The Compactor wrote:Doesn't everything?

Wonder what you would do if your employer offers you a new contract on half the money whilst another company offers you a better contract over a longer period

I'd think of my family

Well thats where we differ
if I earned for three years £3.6million playing for cardiff city
and then they offered me a third of that for another year it would be a no brainer
whitts does not need the money
he could have stayed and would have been a great role model for the youngsters and a good squad member especially as he was so loyal to us

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:troobloo what an idiot you are, we only offered him a one year deal with no guarantee that he would not be sitting on the bench, after training all week, after that one year deal we offered he would be nearly
34, just who do you think would want him then, at least there would be a possibility that after the 2 years. Blackburn might offer him another year if he has played well, which I think he will, why don't you grow up and don't be so jealous :thumbup:

so in the same sense if he stayed on a one year contract with us and done well whos to say he wouldnt have been offered another year

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:troobloo what an idiot you are, we only offered him a one year deal with no guarantee that he would not be sitting on the bench, after training all week, after that one year deal we offered he would be nearly

so in the same sense if he stayed on a one year contract with us and done well whos to say he wouldnt have been offered another year

Dont forget we are talking about the best passer of a ball in the championship

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

You are missing the point he wants to play football not train all week just to sit on he bench :thumbup:
Last edited by Igovernor on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
loyalty my arse

so mowbray a better manager than warnock
I see its not the money its the opportunity to play for a better manager

I moved the to the back of the Ninian to save my neck, lets practice "go on gunnar whack it in the direction of Ward",,,"orrr, unlucky, nearly"

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Igovernor wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

You are missing the point he wants to play football not train all week just to sit on he bench :thumbup:

oh i think im getting it hes only loyal if hes guaranteed a starting place , but not loyal if he has to fight for his place
he was offered a contract was he not
I wonder if we offered him the same money for one year that hes getting for two years with blackburn would he have stayed hmmmm

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 pm

loyalty my arse

Yes he was paid handsomely, but you can't deny he was a great servant and a great player in his time.

It was obvious he was going to leave, you could tell he wasn't really enjoying his football last season and he simply doesn't have the legs to play the high tempo, quick pressing game Warnock wants.

Unfortunately, and it's just my opinion but I don't think that he will be particularly successful for Blackburn Div1 is a lot more physical and kick and rush...won't suit Whitts at all.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 pm

He could have picked up half a million quid out of our Club to sit on the bench for a year but has decided at his age he wants to be playing football week in week out. Everyones opinion is different I accept that but I have no idea what your getting at here tbh.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 pm

loyalty my arse

pathetic.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
loyalty my arse

pathetic.

YesI totally agree
But be careful the whitts lovers wont like that quote

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
loyalty my arse

pathetic.

YesI totally agree
But be careful the whitts lovers wont like that quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i did wonder earlier if you could just leave Whitts go without comment.
but its impossible for you.
its a real shame that youve watched all these games and never been able to see just what a talent we had...determined not to see,thats how it seems.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 am

What a cock. Just look at the appreciation thread mate. You obviously have no idea about the beautiful game.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 am

What a cock. Just look at the appreciation thread mate. You obviously have no idea about the beautiful game.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:07 am

gagsey wrote:What a cock. Just look at the appreciation thread mate. You obviously have no idea about the beautiful game.

Your repeating yourself
All about opinions mate
I happen to agree with Warnock whitts is done at our level over 46 games
I also agree with Warnock that whitts still had something to offer hence him being offered a 1 year contract that he turned down
To move down a level on a 2 year contract
Sad really that he couldn't stay and fight for his place and then retire as a Cardiff city player bit like legends from the past did

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
gagsey wrote:What a cock. Just look at the appreciation thread mate. You obviously have no idea about the beautiful game.

Your repeating yourself
All about opinions mate
I also agree with Warnock that whitts still had something to offer hence him being offered a 1 year contract that he turned down
Sad really that he couldn't stay and fight for his place and then retire as a Cardiff city player bit like legends from the past did

i missed your .....Whitts has something to offer so lets keep him here longer post...

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:23 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Your repeating yourself
All about opinions mate

this fight for your place nonsense...youve been watching football long enough to know that different managers appreciate different types of player..and for a host of reasons might love one player not appreciate another..its why the majority of players move clubs..each manager has success stories in getting the best out of players notably with NW its been Bamba {told he wouldnt be playing much if at all at Leeds and Zohore who looked like he was done here } but for every success there are players to varying degrees not given opportunity and there is little they can do to change the managers mind...and players know this..we have a few here now {huws , saadi and okeefe } all been on loan, all done reasonably well on loan but will all leave if other clubs are interested because our manager simply isnt. thats NWs perogative..its how football works...
Whitts falls into the not wanted by Warnock category youd have to be mr mcgoo to not see that...
as a Cardiff fan AND as huge Whitts fan i am both sad to see him go but also see no point in us paying a player x thousands to sit around to prove his loyalty to a hand full /possibly just you ..

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 am

loyalty my arse
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Are you for real, the bloke wants to PLAY FOOTBALL.This is a pathetic post.

truth hurts eh!

Let's be honest, you really don't know the truth here do you? Unless you are wired to some reliable inside information then you don't know how Whitts was treated or what was said to him about his potential future with the club. I was given some information by some who claimed to be close to Whitts, which I took with a pinch of salt at the time. Looking back at subsequent events though, I am now inclined to give it greater credence, in which case Whitts really had little option but to move on if he wanted regular football. I admire that. Had he taken a one year contract and sat on the bench for a year some on here would no doubt have given him stick for that.

So, without all the facts you still choose to criticize a player who gave a decade of terrific service to the club - great goals fantastic memories. Thanks Whitts.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:07 am

I'd think of my family

Exactly!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:36 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

I'd think of my family

Well thats where we differ
if I earned for three years £3.6million playing for cardiff city
and then they offered me a third of that for another year it would be a no brainer
whitts does not need the money
he could have stayed and would have been a great role model for the youngsters and a good squad member especially as he was so loyal to us

Who are you to say what Whittingham needs or doesn't need?

Great move for him. First team football, and a new chapter for him. Leave it be.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

truth hurts eh!

top top bloke according to those who have met you.
and a very very good Cardiff fan too.
but boy you have let yourself down over this anti Peter Whittingham agenda.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

truth hurts eh!

top top bloke according to those who have met you.
and a very very good Cardiff fan too.
but boy you have let yourself down over this anti Peter Whittingham agenda.

All about opinions
I just don't get this legend / loyal shit that' whitts is all about alledgedly
A multi millionaire thanks to Cardiff city who could have been a legend if he'd stayed and gave something back via our youth
And maybe become the go to player off the bench to help us back to the premier league
I've not let myself down over whitts as I will back up my oppinion all day long
Nice to know I'm ac top bloke to those that know me
But more importantly I'm thought of as a very good city fan