Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: so in the end it came down to money !

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Hahaha thick as shit
How, many hits did . I reel in
The, thick shits . Are . Those that bit
As usual I might add
Cant wait to seewhi our managerbrings . In to replace him :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :sleepy2:

So what what you're saying now after being proved wrong, completely slated by everyone and as Warnock states in another thread - is that you didn't really mean it and you were reeling in hits?
Also there are no legends in modern day football??
A bigger man or even a normal guy would admit he was wrong and that the move was never about money as Warnock has been quoted.
Your hatred and blindness knows no ends.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm

As usual I might add
Cant wait to seewhi our managerbrings . In to replace him :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :sleepy2:

I put your above post into google translate & it still didn't make any sense. :lol:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:47 pm

norms76 wrote:
As usual I might add

I put your above post into google translate & it still didn't make any sense. :lol:

Mate, i think he needs help :ugeek: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
As usual I might add

Mate, i think he needs help :ugeek: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Like I say thick as ......

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 pm

So lets just get this clear
so as i understand correctly
we offered whitts a one year contract which he turned down
Blackburn offer him two years on the same money as our offer which he accepts
but it's actually not more money hmmmm
hyperthetically lets say the yearly offer was 400k
our offer of one year totalled 400k earnings
blackburns offer of two years totalled 800k earnings
but it wasnt for the money hmmm
oh and im the thick one :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:So lets just get this clear

But it was more than that. Warnock had already indicated that he would no longer play a major role here, and it sounded as if he would spend a fair amount of time warming the bench if he stayed here. He will probably be one of the first names on the Blackburn team sheet, as well as being one of the top players in Div 1. Also has the added security of two years in employment on a decent wage as opposed to not having a clue where he would be 12 months down the line if he had stayed here. I don't think he had a lot of choice if he wanted regular football. Sounds like he did'nt fancy earning his wages while sitting on the bench. Nothing wrong with that.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

But it was more than that. Warnock had already indicated that he would no longer play a major role here, and it sounded as if he would spend a fair amount of time warming the bench if he stayed here. He will probably be one of the first names on the Blackburn team sheet, as well as being one of the top players in Div 1. Also has the added security of two years in employment on a decent wage as opposed to not having a clue where he would be 12 months down the line if he had stayed here. I don't think he had a lot of choice if he wanted regular football. Sounds like he did'nt fancy earning his wages while sitting on the bench. Nothing wrong with that.

Can't argue with much of this Steve
But a multi millionaire needing security of an extra year ?
Our offer meant he had to fight for his place ,,,and we all no he's never really been much of a fighter
As I've said previously (but people interpret differently ) if he'd stayed he could of been an asset to our SQUAD as the go to sub to help us gain promotion
I'm sorry but I'm surprised after all the time he's been here and how settled and wealthy he is he's moved on
I really hoped he stay and retired here and did something with our kids
My opinions observations on whitts always seem to be shouted down and taken out of context
But hey ho that's what opinions are just opinions
No need for any one to get snidy or nasty about some ones opinions that differ to Thier own
Like some have on here over this thread

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Can't argue with much of this Steve
But a multi millionaire needing security of an extra year ?
Our offer meant he had to fight for his place ,,,and we all no he's never really been much of a fighter
As I've said previously (but people interpret differently ) if he'd stayed he could of been an asset to our SQUAD as the go to sub to help us gain promotion
I'm sorry but I'm surprised after all the time he's been here and how settled and wealthy he is he's moved on
I really hoped he stay and retired here and did something with our kids
My opinions observations on whitts always seem to be shouted down and taken out of context
But hey ho that's what opinions are just opinions
No need for any one to get snidy or nasty about some ones opinions that differ to Thier own
Like some have on here over this thread

your observations /opinions/views on Whitts were set in stone prior to each game..and with that agenda you would actually watch the game looking for negatives uncluding negatives that you were the only one in the ground to notice.?
many people have shouted you down but many have also tried to reason and debate to no avail..

really dont get why you harp on about money either..nobody believes footballers wages are reasonable but its how football is and he was lucky to be good at it .for me the only ref to wages should be when we have signed players whose contribution has been far less in comparison to those wages and i cant see how someone who has played as much as Whittingham falls into that category.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Really nice way to be treated by a City fan. Whitts stayed loyal far more than most footballers to put on the city shirt, when he probably had plenty of chances to leave for better things. He is now at the end of his career and could have easily kept taking a good wage from the club sitting on the bench, but opted to drop a division and play on another 2 years. Whitts will always be a city hero, legend, what ever you want to call him to most city fans for his dedicated service to the club.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
As usual I might add

So what what you're saying now after being proved wrong, completely slated by everyone and as Warnock states in another thread - is that you didn't really mean it and you were reeling in hits?
Also there are no legends in modern day football??
A bigger man or even a normal guy would admit he was wrong and that the move was never about money as Warnock has been quoted.
Your hatred and blindness knows no ends.

But I haven't been proved wrong
My original headline was
So in the end it came down to money
Whitts will earn more at Blackburn than he would at Cardiff city
And that's fact
Unless Blackburn offered him at least half what we offered as they have put him on a two year contract and we only offered a one year contract
Weather playing time comes into it is irrelevant to my heading
So where am I proved wrong ffs

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
gagsey wrote:What a cock. Just look at the appreciation thread mate. You obviously have no idea about the beautiful game.

Your repeating yourself
All about opinions mate
I happen to agree with Warnock whitts is done at our level over 46 games
I also agree with Warnock that whitts still had something to offer hence him being offered a 1 year contract that he turned down
To move down a level on a 2 year contract
Sad really that he couldn't stay and fight for his place and then retire as a Cardiff city player bit like legends from the past did

id love an answer to these.......bit like legends of the past did.. who exactly are you talking about?
and....what criteria do you think qualifies aplayer to be a legend at our club..

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 pm

For what its worth heres a team of CCFC Legends, not in terms of loyalty maybe, but in stature! (in my opinion!!)

1. Going with David Marshall purely because of promotion to the Premier league, but I loved George Wood
2. Mark Delaney
3. Jeff Eckhardt
4. John Buchanan
5. Phil Dwyer
6. Don Murray
7. Peter Whittingham
8. Graham Kavanagh
9. Jeff Hemmerman/Tony Evans/Robert Earnshaw
10. Brian Clark/Trevor Ford/Peter Thorne/Carl Dale
11. Phil Stant

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:For what its worth heres a team of CCFC Legends, not in terms of loyalty maybe, but in stature! (in my opinion!!)

1. Going with David Marshall purely because of promotion to the Premier league, but I loved George Wood
2. Mark Delaney
3. Jeff Eckhardt
4. John Buchanan
5. Phil Dwyer
6. Don Murray
7. Peter Whittingham
8. Graham Kavanagh
11. Phil Stant

I think I may have squashed Ian Gibson and Toshack in there. So many to choose from, I also rated Peter King.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jumanji Jim wrote:For what its worth heres a team of CCFC Legends, not in terms of loyalty maybe, but in stature! (in my opinion!!)

2. Mark Delaney
3. Jeff Eckhardt
4. John Buchanan
5. Phil Dwyer
6. Don Murray
7. Peter Whittingham
8. Graham Kavanagh
11. Phil Stant

I think I may have squashed Ian Gibson and Toshack in there. So many to choose from, I also rated Peter King.

interesting list including your add ons..
BUT.....none of these are the troobloo legends of the past that stayed on and fought for their places, because all of these moved on..well bar Peter king who retired through injury...

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

2. Mark Delaney
3. Jeff Eckhardt
4. John Buchanan
5. Phil Dwyer
6. Don Murray
7. Peter Whittingham
8. Graham Kavanagh
11. Phil Stant

interesting list including your add ons..
BUT.....none of these are the troobloo legends of the past that stayed on and fought for their places, because all of these moved on..well bar Peter king who retired through injury...

True enough. I think Ronnie Bird was a well repected player as well, I enjoyed watching him, plenty of effort even though he was not what you would call the most gifted player to have worn a Cardiff shirt. I suppose you could say the same about people like Psycho,Andy Legg etc., and there will be plenty more around depending on who you ask.