Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Hull getting £17mill for a defender "

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Sky Sports

14/06/17

Leicester's move for Hull defender Harry Maguire - it sounds like a deal worth £17m is close to conclusion

Re: " Hull getting £17mill for a defender "

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sky Sports

14/06/17

Leicester's move for Hull defender Harry Maguire - it sounds like a deal worth £17m is close to conclusion

I bet Sheff Utd have a sell on clause also?

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:54 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

14/06/17

Hmmm maybe, but Hull will have plenty of money next season and this on top.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:00 pm

14/06/17

£17 million for Maguire is madness...he was caught out by quick strikers time and time again last season!!!!

He's strong and physical but that's it !!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

Its what relegated clubs are doing now getting rid of saleable assets and pocketing parachute payments to fund players to get out of championship ! Not what parachute payments were meant to be used for! Things need to be changed to level playing field. :old:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

How much money have Huddersfield spent in the last couple of years, compared to Derby? Spending money doesn't guarantee success in this league and I'm really not sure about their new manager.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

How much money have Huddersfield spent in the last couple of years, compared to Derby? Spending money doesn't guarantee success in this league and I'm really not sure about their new manager.

I believe their squad cost around 3m this season do know it was relatively cheap to put together? but they did have several loanees which cut cost down :o

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

I believe their squad cost around 3m this season do know it was relatively cheap to put together? but they did have several loanees which cut cost down :o

Exactly, with a few loanees and spending less than £5m they have achieved promotion. Proves it can be done. Bournemouth were similar the year they went up, but they're not a good example due to their history with administration.

A lot on here want to see us spend a lot of money, and are already moaning about the potential signing of Danny Ward, but clubs have been down the route of spending millions and failed - ourselves included.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:07 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

Exactly, with a few loanees and spending less than £5m they have achieved promotion. Proves it can be done. Bournemouth were similar the year they went up, but they're not a good example due to their history with administration.

A lot on here want to see us spend a lot of money, and are already moaning about the potential signing of Danny Ward, but clubs have been down the route of spending millions and failed - ourselves included.

It's tough to do with very little money..but numerous clubs have been in the top 6 over the last 4/5 years having spent little or no money so it can be done

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

14/06/17

Personally , I don`t see him as being much better than our own centre back Morrison , hence CCFC saying they won`t even look at offers under £6m for him. The transfer market just gets sillier season by season.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:

14/06/17

And they didn`t spend much out on transfer fees last season either. I think their net spend was only about £5m (£30m out, £25m in).

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:30 pm

they also sold davies so hull are looking a new defense