NEIL WARNOCK: " MAIN PRIORITY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

BBC RADIO SPORT WALES

Thursday 15th June 2017

Neil Warnock has revealed one of the players expected to sign next week is a forward, although he refused to be drawn on speculation surrounding Rotherham’s Danny Ward.

Neil Warnock:

"Everyone knows one of my main priorities this summer is bringing in new players to strengthen our squad"

“Yes, one’s a striker, we’ve been linked with Danny Ward and a number of others but you’ll just have to see.”

“I think everyone knows I’ve had my targets and that list of targets is still on the table, but everyone is looking for a striker at the moment."

“That’s why we’re trying to get something over the line next week, well, I say next week but we’re doing the paperwork as we speak now and hopefully everything will be agreed, and then it’s down to the medical department.

Striker Danny Ward he is on Warnocks list
Attachments
nintchdbpict000316890675.jpg
nintchdbpict000316890675.jpg (57.08 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " MAIN PRIORITY "

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:54 am

Cardiff to sign Danny Ward in £1million deal with Rotherham striker set for a medical this week

CARDIFF are signing Rotherham striker Danny Ward in a £1 million deal.

Sun and Daily Mail

June 2017

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has agreed a fee and terms for the forward, who will have a medical in Wales this week.

Danny Ward is set to have a medical this week ahead of a £1million move

Ward played for Warnock at the Millers and the relegated club have opted to sell as he is entering the last year of his contract.

Ward, 25, scored 10 goals in 40 league games for the strugglers this season.

Cardiff are looking for alternatives to Kenneth Zohore, who discovered a rich vein of form under Warnock.

Neil Warnock has signed a contract extension with Cardiff until the end of the 2017-18 campaign
Most read in sport

The veteran chief took over with the South Wales club 23rd in the Championship and masterminded a revival.

He agreed to sign on again for next season after receiving assurances he would be backed this summer.

Warnock is targeting a record eighth promotion as a manager in a career stretching back to 1980.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 am

Imo we need at least 3 new strikers!

Who have we got Zohore, lambert, Healy and Fred?

One is injured one is sick the other is out of his depth and if we are to be in and around the top we'll need at least 5 strikers to share the burden!
Pulisnewport

Postby rhiwbinablue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 am

Not sure how long Healey will be out for. Ricky Lambert could be used as a 'last throw of the dice' substitute - when all else has failed but don't see him as a starter. Fred shouldn't even be a squad player IMHO.

Why not bring Saadi back as a squad player? Surely that's got to be better than what we have on the books right now? Add in Zohore and Danny Ward and that's not too bad a set up - IF - and I emphasise IF - we have a midfield capable of passing the ball through to the strikers rather than simply hoofing it upfield.
rhiwbinablue

Postby Empty Bluebird » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 pm

What about Meite who we signed in January?
Empty Bluebird

Postby bluemun » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 pm

We need to move Lambert and Fred on, though Warnock seems to see something in the latter I haven't yet.
bluemun

Postby moonboots » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

bluemun wrote:We need to move Lambert and Fred on, though Warnock seems to see something in the latter I haven't yet.

He also saw something in Zohore that most on here didn't. I'd like him to give Saadi a chance too. :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby Llantwit Blue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Zahore is away with the Denmark under 21 this summer not sure he will be ready for the start of the season, the Guy will have time off then probably have to play catch up with regards to pre season.

Fingers crossed the rumours we are in for Gallagher are true, he would give us options along with Ward.

Just Adam and Boyd and I will start to believe.
Llantwit Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:10 pm

I would imagine that if Ward signs then we wont be in for Gallagher as well although I hope I'm wrong as I think we need another striker on top of Ward.
I'm not too impressed with the 10 in 40 goal tally from Ward last season but I trust Warnock in his signings and hopefully he can improve for us.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Just got a message on Facebook saying someone mentioned to Warnock about Halford being on holiday with Ward and Warnock jokingly replied 'I know, I been messaging Halford to get him to sign'. :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I would imagine that if Ward signs then we wont be in for Gallagher as well although I hope I'm wrong as I think we need another striker on top of Ward.
I'm not too impressed with the 10 in 40 goal tally from Ward last season but I trust Warnock in his signings and hopefully he can improve for us.

Mate he was playing for Rotherham. Imagine him playing out wide with Hoilett behind Zohore :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat