Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ledley

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Anyone know what's actually going on with him? A lot of posters jump to conclusions on here.

Apparently he wants to move home but he stated this week he'd be happy to play abroad and could be something he'd prefer?

Also the deal was meant to be 95% done but we haven't even contacted his agent apparently?

Any idea?

Re: Joe Ledley

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:53 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Anyone know what's actually going on with him? A lot of posters jump to conclusions on here.

Apparently he wants to move home but he stated this week he'd be happy to play abroad and could be something he'd prefer?

Also the deal was meant to be 95% done but we haven't even contacted his agent apparently?

Any idea?

My idea is that 'the deal' was not 95% done. It was probably not 1% done.

I believe Warnock over ITK messageboard posters when he said he had made no enquiries or approaches about Ledley.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Anyone know what's actually going on with him? A lot of posters jump to conclusions on here.

Any idea?

Give us your opinion, fella :thumbup:

That's not taking the Mick. Merely that your idea would be as valid as anyone else on here on this subject :ayatollah:

Joe is probably 'hedging his bets' by keeping all options open 'just in case' ;)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Sven wrote:

Any idea?

That's not taking the Mick. Merely that your idea would be as valid as anyone else on here on this subject :ayatollah:

Joe is probably 'hedging his bets' by keeping all options open 'just in case' ;)

I'd be more than happy if he signed however if he has premiership clubs and clubs abroad unfortunately money talks so even if we were in for him I don't think he'd choose us unfortunately

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 pm

ITK posters are long gone, nobody knows nothing anymore and that's the way it should be. The club will only leak what they want..

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:15 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Sven wrote:

Any idea?

I'd be more than happy if he signed however if he has premiership clubs and clubs abroad unfortunately money talks so even if we were in for him I don't think he'd choose us unfortunately

Fair enough :thumbup:

Personally, I don't believe he will sign for us but I'm not a fan anyway :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 am

I would like to see a Joe come back....but only on wages the club can afford.

Hopefully we can cut a deal..sensible wages with a promotion bonus.

Depends on how much a Joe "wants to come home"...personally I think it's unlikely to happen

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 pm

hes to good for us hence some of our fans dont rate him,the cardiff way!! would love him to sign cant see it tho

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Reza wrote:hes to good for us hence some of our fans dont rate him,the cardiff way!! would love him to sign cant see it tho

Too good for us?? :o :shock:

Rubbish! He's just not our priority and would be (relatively) expensive! :roll:

He was only "too good" in his own mind when he decided to leave for the bright lights of the Premier League in the beginning. Sadly, he should have read the small print, where he'd have notice the pre-fix 'Scottish' before 'Premier League! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Reza wrote:hes to good for us hence some of our fans dont rate him,the cardiff way!! would love him to sign cant see it tho

He was only "too good" in his own mind when he decided to leave for the bright lights of the Premier League in the beginning. Sadly, he should have read the small print, where he'd have notice the pre-fix 'Scottish' before 'Premier League! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, he's only played 83 PL games and 73 times for Wales. He's a much better player than you give him credit for, he's streets ahead of Ralls. The fact every Welsh fan would have him starting ahead of Andy King says it all. Look at his pass to Ramsey for HRK's goal vs Slovakia, it's slide rule and takes half the Slovakian side out of the game.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

petesmeat wrote:
Sven wrote:

I know, he's only played 83 PL games and 73 times for Wales. He's a much better player than you give him credit for, he's streets ahead of Ralls. The fact every Welsh fan would have him starting ahead of Andy King says it all. Look at his pass to Ramsey for HRK's goal vs Slovakia, it's slide rule and takes half the Slovakian side out of the game.

Never said he wasn't a decent player. He plainly is, but the post I responded to said (quote): "He's to good for us; hence some of our fans dont rate him" which is clearly not the case! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:01 pm

petesmeat wrote:
Sven wrote:

Bang on! :)