Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Shock as Cardiff City Fans Say '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:05 am

Cardiff City Fans were asked by media Wales was it the right time for Peter Whittingham to leave Cardiff City?

Cardiff City fans voted on-line and the majority voted yes it was right for Peter Whittingham to leave Cardiff City now.

Yes 76%
No 24%

Friday 16th June 2017

Peter Whittingham has left Cardiff City lower division club Blackburn Rovers.

Whitts contract of approx £25,000 a week with Cardiff City had run out and Warnock could not guarantee Whitts a first team place or a high paying contract anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Shock as Cardiff City Fans Say '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Fans were asked by media Wales was it the right time for Peter Whittingham to leave Cardiff City?

Cardiff City fans voted on-line and the majority voted yes it was right for Peter Whittingham to leave Cardiff City now.

Yes 76%
No 24%

Whitts contract of approx £25,000 a week with Cardiff City had run out and Warnock could not guarantee Whitts a first team place or a high paying contract anymore.

It was the right time ,we need to find the next club ledgend

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City Fans were asked by media Wales was it the right time for Peter Whittingham to leave Cardiff City?

Yes 76%
No 24%

100% with you on this Wez, but many on here have disagreed.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:46 am

right enough Annis but same people on here saying its going to be hoof ball next season because Whittingham has gone ha ha ha, losing faith in NW already ?
wish they'd see that the players coming in are footballers, exciting times ahead with a nice brand of football imo.

ps. he's gone , move on.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 am

Jules wrote:right enough Annis but same people on here saying its going to be hoof ball next season because Whittingham has gone ha ha ha, losing faith in NW already ?
wish they'd see that the players coming in are footballers, exciting times ahead with a nice brand of football imo.

ps. he's gone , move on.

Jules, for me as well,exciting times ahead I can only see under Neil Warnock, I have total faith in him and Whitts was well paid during his 10yrs. We owe him nothing, but wish him well at Blackburn Rovers :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:19 am

wez1927 wrote:

Yes 76%
No 24%

I'm am a big Peter Whittingham fan and whilst I'm sad to see him go I believe the time was right for both the club and Whitts himself. Time doesn't stand still for any player and I think ALL of our fans should give Whitts a massive vote of thanks for the 10 fantastic years he gave our club and wish him well for the remainder of his career.

I said a few months back that this was as big a decision for Whitts as it was for the club and I completely respect the reasons why he has decided to move on. I could'nt care less what he was paid, although for some it appears a massive issue, I prefer to recall the fantastic memories of Whitts the player, memories that will remain with me for the rest of my life.

10 years of 30+ League games per season, over 450 games for the club, 96 goals including a "Goal Of The Season" against Barnsley, 93 assists from his pinpoint passing and crossing all add up to, as you describe "A Legend".

In my opinion Whitts is right up there with Phil Dwyer, Don Murray, Peter King, Rob Earnshaw and Jason Perry and somewhere down the road is the next player to add to the list.

Can't wait to watch him whoever it turns out to be.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 am

Right time for him to leave. However I would like him to come back, maybe as a coach or somewhere back of house in the club

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:00 pm

If he was happy to be paid less and accept being a fringe player then I'd have been keen to see him stay. However, he wasn't and fair play to him. He will be remembered as a club legend and I wish him all the best. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Fans always think they know best but rarely do, wonder how many of them people even went to games last season.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Definitely overdue that he moved on but I wish him well, he's a lovely fella and I hope he makes a success of it at Blackburn though I'm surprised he chose to move so far north.

I didn't expect him to get many Championship suitors but, unless the Bristol City reports are untrue I'm a tad surprised he didn't move to them as he wouldn't have to move home. However it might just have been paper talk.

For us as a club we need to move on and I for one have faith in Warnock to improve us. It wouldn't surprise me if he unearths an exciting young starlet to invigorate our midfield. These are exciting times :thumbup:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 pm

SWABF wrote:Right time for him to leave. However I would like him to come back, maybe as a coach or somewhere back of house in the club

Why? What have you seen that leads you to believe he'd be a good coach? Talk about sentimental bollocks he's a very well paid footballer who has come to the end of his time with the club that employed him. This is as daft as that other post asking to retire the number 7 shirt.