Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' KADEEM HARRIS PENS NEW DEAL '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

Cardiff City FC is delighted to confirm that Kadeem Harris has signed a new two year contract at Cardiff City Stadium, running until the summer of 2019.

viewforum.php?f=2 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Friday 16th June 2017

The winger, who turned twenty-four earlier this month, enjoyed a break-through campaign in 2016/17.

He made thirty-eight first-team appearances throughout the season, netting memorable goals against Bristol City and Rotherham United, as well as a dramatic brace away to Derby County.

Having committed his future to Neil Warnock’s men, Harris spoke exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City, expressing his happiness to have signed the new deal.

“I’m delighted,” he began. “I can officially say that I’m a Bluebird for a further two years!”

“I’ve been here for a while and last year I did finally get a chance to prove myself. There’s a lot more to come from me and I’m glad that I can now show what I can do hopefully in the two years to come.

“The manager has spoken to me personally and told me that he’s expecting more goals from me in future. I’m definitely going to be working on that. I’m thankful that he’s given me the chance and hopefully I can repay him.”

Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, added: "Kadeem is one of our brightest young talents and we're delighted to have secured his future at Cardiff City.

"He impressed last season and we're hoping to see him continue his development over the next two years."

Re: Kadeem Harris signs new contract

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Good news, while I don't think he is as good as some make out he has clearly improved and has pace which we have lacked so badly.

Re: Kadeem Harris signs new contract

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Great news plenty of pace in the side next year. If we can bring in another striker a CM and possibly another winger we should be within areal shout of the playoffs at least :ayatollah:

Re: KADEEM HARRIS PENS NEW DEAL

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:29 pm

He certainly has got the pace but he really does need to sort out his crossing of the ball. If he gets that sorted, then we will have a very valuable player at the club

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Not sure about the hype on Harris.
Very quick and works hard but his end product isnt anything to shout about.
I'd have let him go this season and watch him in league 1 next year.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Happy with this Hoillet,Kads and Mendez decent selection

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Bags of potential but that's all he is at present.Needs to get his head down...work hard..improve his crossing and get a few more goals.

Then he will be a really decent top glass player

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:28 pm

I have always been a big supporter of Harris, but for me this year he really needs to prove his potential and show us some consistency to live up to expectations. Good news though!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Happy with this Hoillet,Kads and Mendez decent selection

agreed, just need to move on Pilks and Noone now.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Happy with this Hoillet,Kads and Mendez decent selection

agreed, just need to move on Pilks and Noone now.

Agree with both of you. Hope we can get in a quality creative centre mid now.

Re: ' KADEEM HARRIS PENS NEW DEAL '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 pm

With only a two year deal I'm wondering if Warnock has said stick with me for another season and see what happens.

Agree need to move noone and pilks out.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:With only a two year deal I'm wondering if Warnock has said stick with me for another season and see what happens.

most likely or maybe he is just unsure if he is good enough. huge season for Harris.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Jonsey Jones wrote:With only a two year deal I'm wondering if Warnock has said stick with me for another season and see what happens.

most likely or maybe he is just unsure if he is good enough. huge season for Harris.

Agreed "prove it" season for harris

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:35 am

viewforum.php?f=2 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: