Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: ' CARDIFF CITY DITCH RED KIT! '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Cardiff City ditch controversial red kit and choose fluorescent lime green away shirts for 2017-18 season
By Chris Wathan and Paul Abbandonato

Bluebirds have fresh new colour for what they hope is bright future

The Cardiff City home and away strip for the 2017/18 season, as modelled by Aron Gunnarsson and Joe Ralls (Photo: Cardiff City FC)

Cardiff City are to ditch their red away colours and bring in a luminous green kit as their change strip for the 2017-18 Championship season - with the idea driven by owner Vincent Tan.

The bright colour is deliberate as it ties in with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan's mantra of a fresh start, bright future for the Bluebirds.

The controversial red shirts, worn as the away kit last season, will become the third strip. It seems hard to envisage it being worn, given a clash of blue and lime green is rare.

The popular Adidas blue shirt will be the home kit again, this time with black stripes down the side.

The main sponsor will be the same, but the logo for Visit Malaysia sees a different font.

Cardiff expect the new blue and green shirts to be hugely popular amongst the fans as Neil Warnock's side seek promotion to the Premier League in the coming campaign.

Once Adidas became aware that the Cardiff hierarchy were prepared to look at a new colour, they made it clear they believed the green would be commercially viable.

The fluorescent colour ties in with the image Cardiff want to present for next season of the new beginning, looking forward to a brighter future.

Warnock is bringing in the players he believes will turn his Bluebirds into a top six force and is confident of having a real crack at promotion in the coming months.

Tan listened to the fan base by reversing his controversial rebrand, first brought in for the 2012-13 title-winning Championship campaign under Malky Mackay.

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo said of the new kit: “Having worked closely for a number of months with our partners, Adidas, we’re delighted to be able to launch our new home, away, goalkeeping and training kits this Saturday.

“I’m sure Bluebirds fans will love the new clean and traditional blue home shirt, whilst a fresh and vibrant away kit for the new season is something Tan Sri Vincent was particularly keen for us to have.

"There’s no doubting that the lime green is going to make quite a visual impact around the country for us next season!”

The new shirts, and goalkeeper's kit, will be on sale from 9am Saturday morning at the club shop and on Cardiff's official website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: CITY DITCH RED KIT!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:38 pm

How positive a message is this to be sent out?? FAN-tastic! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

The home shirt is abysmal, all blue with black stripes, come on the Adidas templates were there for some fantastic kits other teams from S America use and we use this template.

Shocking by the club !!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Wolfpac wrote:The home shirt is abysmal, all blue with black stripes, come on the Adidas templates were there for some fantastic kits other teams from S America use and we use this template.

Shocking by the club !!

Not sure it's abysmal but it is 'toned down' a little :thumbup:

Quite like it on the whole and love the away kit, which (unusually for me) is probably the one I'll buy :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm

I have no idea why they changed the font of the sponsor. Looks absolutely disgusting. :?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:I have no idea why they changed the font of the sponsor. Looks absolutely disgusting. :?

Think of the money you'll be saving, then! ;) :thumbright:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Tomshort1927 wrote:I have no idea why they changed the font of the sponsor. Looks absolutely disgusting. :?

Think of the money you'll be saving, then! ;) :thumbright:

Don't like either I'm afraid :( :( :(

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Both modern and both stunning kits

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 pm

am i looking at the same kits? they are the worst kits ive ever seen, my local team has better looking kits, the font is straight out of microsoft word 1997 and the templates used are half arsed pathetic ones, im actually gutted, i had a feeling this was gna happen so bought a load of tops in the sale. would even go as far as to say they are worse than the red home shirt we had in the prem and that takes some beating to be that bad

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 pm

That's the worst blue kit i've seen since i followed cardiff :? So basic looks like they've photoshopped the sponsor . I like the away strip though much better !

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Reza wrote:am i looking at the same kits? they are the worst kits ive ever seen, my local team has better looking kits, the font is straight out of microsoft word 1997 and the templates used are half arsed pathetic ones, im actually gutted, i had a feeling this was gna happen so bought a load of tops in the sale. would even go as far as to say they are worse than the red home shirt we had in the prem and that takes some beating to be that bad
exactly my thoughts mate :thumbup:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:00 pm

bring back white shorts ffs

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Do we know who has the the final say on what the kit should look like ?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Each to their own, I guess! :thumbright:

Don't like the logo but the kit itself is fine IMHO

The main point of my positivity was that I actually thought some might like that the red kit has been withdrawn after so much has been made of it in recent years!

Guess there just ain't no pleasing some! LOL ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Is it the actual styling of the logo that is not liked, or the actual logo wording that people are not liking.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 pm

ThomasC wrote:bring back white shorts ffs

I've always thought white shorts and white socks look the best with our traditional blue shirts. Probably stems back to when I first watched them in the days before sponsors names. The only thing on the shirt then was a small bluebird badge on the front and a number on the back.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Is it the actual styling of the logo that is not liked, or the actual logo wording that people are not liking.

The font for me the shirt ain't to bad

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:15 pm

What a load of shit

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Sven wrote:Each to their own, I guess! :thumbright:

The main point of my positivity was that I actually thought some might like that the red kit has been withdrawn after so much has been made of it in recent years!

Looking like it's a photoshop to me Chris, I'm hoping at the time of those pictures they hadn't got the sponsor printed on it in time. I'd be amazed if that was the actual font. :shock:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Always preferred collars but quite like the away shirt colour makes us different, Home top modern and sleek suppose its down to taste or just something for people to f*cking moan about.

I blame the Tories :D

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Reza wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Is it the actual styling of the logo that is not liked, or the actual logo wording that people are not liking.

How would you have liked the font to be done? I am afraid that fashion is not my strong point, but I can understand that something does not appear to be quite right here.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

norms76 wrote:

Looking like it's a photoshop to me Chris, I'm hoping at the time of those pictures they hadn't got the sponsor printed on it in time. I'd be amazed if that was the actual font. :shock:

That's what I'm hoping too,the sponsor is what spoils them both

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Well I think the Home kit of all blue looks fine and, with the exception of "White" trim, is very similar to the majority of strips we have worn over the last 15 seasons. Mind you from the samples worn by Morrison and Zahore the neck is "Crew" and not "V" as stated. I think that away kit will look better than the photograph as well.

Blue Home strip and no Red in sight has to be a massive positive though.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:19 pm

norms76 wrote:

Norms, the images are undoubtedly Photoshopped and it does look like the logo has been added (they don't look like they sit right, despite attempts) so we can only hope they are corrected in the shop. My point was that the kit itself is okay and at least it isn't red anymore :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:21 pm

Looks like a cheap knock-off that you'd buy in the Malaysian markets :?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Love the style of them but have to admit I don't know what was wrong with the font from previous seasons?!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Reza wrote:

How would you have liked the font to be done? I am afraid that fashion is not my strong point, but I can understand that something does not appear to be quite right here.

It didn't need changed imo it looks real cheap and tacky even Newport's tops nicer

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm

In spain a the moment seen looky looky men with shirts for €10 that knock spots of that the shirt designer must have had one hell of an imagination

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Sven wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Norms, the images are undoubtedly Photoshopped and it does look like the logo has been added (they don't look like they sit right, despite attempts) so we can only hope they are corrected in the shop. My point was that the kit itself is okay and at least it isn't red anymore :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Chris, I've been told that last seasons red kit will be our third kit this coming season, so we might still see it. :lol:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I'd rather a bit more coloured trim on the home kit but as long as they play well in it that will do.