A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: CITY DITCH RED KIT!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 pm

norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Each to their own, I guess! :thumbright:

Don't like the logo but the kit itself is fine IMHO

The main point of my positivity was that I actually thought some might like that the red kit has been withdrawn after so much has been made of it in recent years!

Guess there just ain't no pleasing some! LOL ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Looking like it's a photoshop to me Chris, I'm hoping at the time of those pictures they hadn't got the sponsor printed on it in time. I'd be amazed if that was the actual font. :shock:

Norms, the images are undoubtedly Photoshopped and it does look like the logo has been added (they don't look like they sit right, despite attempts) so we can only hope they are corrected in the shop. My point was that the kit itself is okay and at least it isn't red anymore :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Chris, I've been told that last seasons red kit will be our third kit this coming season, so we might still see it. :lol:

Really? Ah well, that's about typical. Cheers Norms :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:44 pm

The shorts on away are white and blue pretty sure you'll see the home shirt mixed with these through out the season

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Kits are ok but the sponsors logo is shocking...looks very cheap and nasty

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Both decent enough, probably won't buy one this season but you can tell who are the fake fans if they don't like the kit though.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:00 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Both decent enough, probably won't buy one this season but you can tell who are the fake fans if they don't like the kit though.

Don't get the fake fan bit, not sure exactly what is meant by that. I don't like the luminous green Jaguar XJR's that used to be popular, but I am a big fan of those cars in any other colour.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Guys, It's a kit??? Do you get promoted for the best kit? No, you don't! Why can't you all just get behind the club and NW, and stop this constant slagging off?? If you are a true supporter, you should accept it? People seem more concerned about what it will look on them? Come on guys, support the boys, and make less noise about the not so important things ffs. :banghead:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm

I don't like it at all. Bland, boring and with black stripes???

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:17 pm

sullybluebird wrote:Guys, It's a kit??? Do you get promoted for the best kit? No, you don't! Why can't you all just get behind the club and NW, and stop this constant slagging off?? If you are a true supporter, you should accept it? People seem more concerned about what it will look on them? Come on guys, support the boys, and make less noise about the not so important things ffs. :banghead:

No one's not getting behind Warnock because they don't like the kit. We are still entitled to an opinions and Remeber many people will be spending top Wack on this strip so they are entitled to an opinion regardless of what you say.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Is it the actual styling of the logo that is not liked, or the actual logo wording that people are not liking.
I don't like none of the kit the design is to bland and boring and seeing the all blue shorts and socks makes it hundred times worse,also the sponsor is just terribly designed let's hope it's just a rough.however I love the away strip gonna pick that up definetly :thumbright:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:35 pm

nubbsy wrote:
sullybluebird wrote:Guys, It's a kit??? Do you get promoted for the best kit? No, you don't! Why can't you all just get behind the club and NW, and stop this constant slagging off?? If you are a true supporter, you should accept it? People seem more concerned about what it will look on them? Come on guys, support the boys, and make less noise about the not so important things ffs. :banghead:

No one's not getting behind Warnock because they don't like the kit. We are still entitled to an opinions and Remeber many people will be spending top Wack on this strip so they are entitled to an opinion regardless of what you say.
spot on nubb's :thumbright: were the ones who got to buy the shirts so yeah I think we're entitled to a opinion of a terrible kit.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, particularly when a replica kit does not come cheap. The colours may mean nothing to you, and that is fair enough. However, they obviously mean something to some fans which is why so many comments have been posted. We will be behind Warnock and his team whatever, but we are still entitled to speak our mind about all aspects of the club if we wish to do so.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:

With 4 posts I think he's yet to grasp that a CCFC forum is for fans to discuss & give opinions on all things CCFC, good & bad.

Sully, you're entitled to your opinion but you've also got to respect others too. It's a kit & people are going to like it and also dislike it - that's what happens here. :thumbright:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 pm

For a club which has struggled to sell shirts over the last few yrs for whatever reason colour badge whatever you'd think they would come out with two quality shirts to get everyone flocking out to buy them instead months of work and that's what the produce,looks like a 12yr olds art project ffs

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Reza wrote:For a club which has struggled to sell shirts over the last few yrs for whatever reason colour badge whatever you'd think they would come out with two quality shirts to get everyone flocking out to buy them instead months of work and that's what the produce,looks like a 12yr olds art project ffs

Perhaps one of the local primary schools have had a competition colouring in crayons and this has been chosen as the winner. In all honesty, I am not sure what to make of it, and it may look better when everything has been finalised, and we can actually see the kit for real. I still think the white shirts and socks would be better with the blue shirt, and the away kit all green.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Didn't know it was a fashion contest? Some of other teams colours are either bland or flauresent! Have to admit it's not most inspiring but it's blue and that will do. :occasion5:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:56 pm

I must be alone but I quite like both of them and much prefer the the sponsors logo as well, more simple than previous designs. Personally I would have preferred the away kit to be red but no problem with the change and like the kind of two tone green top although not so sure on the white shorts. Also the blue with white strips would have been better. I wont be buying one anyway until they are £10 this time next year lol

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:13 pm

I never thought we would ever see this on away days but we will! 11 highlighter pens running around the pitch!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Both fantastic :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I never thought we would ever see this on away days but we will! 11 highlighter pens running around the pitch!

Give me that over red anyday.

Re: BREAKING: ' CARDIFF CITY DITCH RED KIT! '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 pm

If those are the logos I'd be amazed.

Think it'll be the same as last seasons font when released

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I like both kits personally, and don't think that's how the sponsor will look - as said above, I'd be very surprised if the sponsor wasn't in the same design as last season.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I never thought we would ever see this on away days but we will! 11 highlighter pens running around the pitch!

Give me that over red anyday.

Agreed, I just don't think white shorts and socks are a good choice with the illuminous lime shirt, especially as the shirt has black trim on it. Surely black shorts and illuminous lime socks with 3 black Adidas strips would have been the logical choice? I find it bizarre!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:44 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Both decent enough, probably won't buy one this season but you can tell who are the fake fans if they don't like the kit though.
that's quite a statement to make mate I don't like the home strip but love the away so what does that make me :? We all have our opinions I suppose :thumbup:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh but on first impression from the photos, the strip looks like simple training kit as opposed to the detail you'd expect on match kit. As said, it may look better when you actually see it. I don't mind the dayglo away kit colour as it matches my holiday thong.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:05 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
that's quite a statement to make mate I don't like the home strip but love the away so what does that make me :? We all have our opinions I suppose :thumbup:

Worded it wrong as I was on my phone so hard to type it out but was on about the home kit, the away kit doesn't bother me that much you will have a different colour every year and it's a reason why it's an away kit..for me fans getting so petty over it are childish.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:43 pm

To be honest, last season's home and away kits where great, and the home kit previous to that.

Blue top with white stripes is the easy choice. So many great Adidas tops about and we go with drak stripes on blue. Not for me. :( Really liked the past two home kits too.