Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

POSITIVE NEWS ON MANGA?? KEN CHOO SPEAKS...

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Cardiff City CEO reveals club are close to securing a new deal for star defender Bruno Ecuele-Manga
By Jordan Jones

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18532 :bluebird:

Friday 16th June 2017

Cardiff defender Bruno Ecuele Manga is looking likely to stay at Cardiff City following positive talks with the club..

The Gabon international has been subject of interest from many clubs in Turkey with Galatasaray, Kayserispor and and Sivasspor all interested in the Bluebirds’ star defender.

Kayserispor though were unsuccessful in persuading Manga to join the club as terms broke down between both club and player, as reported by Turkish news outlet Yenai Alanya.

With that news, Cardiff City CEO spoke today to Wales Online saying that a new deal for Manga is looking likely and he is looking to stay at the club rather than looking for a move away.

“We are still in discussions. But I think it could be a matter of time before we get there.

We are working on it. The latest conversation is that he would love to remain here and I don’t think he is interested in going anywhere else. He knows what we are planning here.”

The news will be music to the ears of Bluebirds fans who believe Manga is a vital player for the club and with him at the club, the Bluebirds chances of winning promotion would increase.

Manager Neil Warnock will also be delighted with the news as he looks to keep his defence together after the club rejected a £3m bid for Sean Morrison from Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: POSITIVE NEWS ON MANGA?? KEN CHOO SPEAKS...

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

If this is true then what a coup for City, our defensive strength will be rock solid next season :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 pm

If this is true then it's better than any signing we could realistically make.

He and Bamba are the best centre-backs in the league in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Agree with you both on Manga! :thumbright:

a great (re)signing for City and a massive boost to Neil Warnock and the Cardiff City fans should it come off! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Amazing news, hopefuly it comes off. We'd have to spend a wedge to get someone in to cover manga so it will save us money in the long run.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Fantastic news! If he signs a new deal coupled with the players we've signed already plus the 3/4 players Warnock is going to bring in then I think we'll be looking really strong next season. :bluebird:

Sign on Manga, let's get Cardiff City promoted to the promised land & in blue this time around. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18532 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 pm

come on bruno sign the deal you know it makes sense next season could be very big :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:Amazing news, hopefuly it comes off. We'd have to spend a wedge to get someone in to cover manga so it will save us money in the long run.

I am all for living within our means..(and Warnock has played a blinder so far with his signings) but this is one case I would make an exception with...he's not going to be cheap wages wise but he will be worth a few million if he is under contract.

This will be a major coup if we can pull this one off...come on Bruno you know it makes sense

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:27 pm

He could be player of the year again if he stays

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:37 pm

If we can get Manga to sign a new contract I think that will be our best bit of business this summer.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:45 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Amazing news, hopefuly it comes off. We'd have to spend a wedge to get someone in to cover manga so it will save us money in the long run.

I am all for living within our means..(and Warnock has played a blinder so far with his signings) but this is one case I would make an exception with...he's not going to be cheap wages wise but he will be worth a few million if he is under contract.

This will be a major coup if we can pull this one off...come on Bruno you know it makes sense

Exactly mate decent wages - yes, but no transfer fee and like you say we could actually make money on him next year (providing he doesnt sign for a year like Hoilett)

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:If this is true then it's better than any signing we could realistically make.

He won't leave Morrison out.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Think we'll be playing with three centre half's next season. Baba morris on and manga. Plenty of cover too.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Wow !! If this comes off it really is a statement of intent from the player, manager and club !!

I really thought he was off, if he stays then we have just signed a £5m player in my opinion. He just needs to play for a whole season and we'll really see how good he is.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:06 am

Hopefully we can keep him. I'm sure it was "agent" speak when he was looking to move to Turkey. Big signing for us even with the 3 months off for the afnations.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:50 am

Dahboy wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:If this is true then it's better than any signing we could realistically make.

He won't leave Morrison out.

Exactly everyone knocks Morrison when the stats speaks for itself 3 class cb's with plenty of ability for any 2 from the 3 or play 3 cb's

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:32 am

Jonsey Jones wrote:Hopefully we can keep him. I'm sure it was "agent" speak when he was looking to move to Turkey. Big signing for us even with the 3 months off for the afnations.

No Afican nations cup next year

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:37 am

Igovernor wrote:
Jonsey Jones wrote:Hopefully we can keep him. I'm sure it was "agent" speak when he was looking to move to Turkey. Big signing for us even with the 3 months off for the afnations.

No Afican nations cup next year
that should read african cup of nations, and it takes place every other year

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am

Just hope we havnt blown massive wages on him

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:Just hope we havnt blown massive wages on him

Don't worry wez it doesn't come out of your chips money.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Comes off new signings tho ,wpuld prefer a decent striker

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:08 pm

wez1927 wrote:

And Choo has said they're down the road on that with Warnocks main target. Even you got to see that signing Manga up would be massive, he's easily one of the best CB's outside of the PL.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm

norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

And Choo has said they're down the road on that with Warnocks main target. Even you got to see that signing Manga up would be massive, he's easily one of the best CB's outside of the PL.

I dont think hes worth breaking the bank we done ok without him plus we will have patterson as cover too ,would prefer a couple of strikers tbh

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I dont think hes worth breaking the bank we done ok without him plus we will have patterson as cover too ,would prefer a couple of strikers tbh

And I think we'll get them Wez, Warnock has said there's 3/4 deals going on last week & Choo said yesterday that they're way down the road on one of Warnocks main targets.

We signed Camp yesterday, so that's the keepers sorted, he said he's happy with the defence now so I'd expect the other 3 to be the attacking players we need.

We missed out in Hayes so you know one will be a winger, the other an attacking Midfielder and another striker.

That's my opinion of course.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
norms76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

And I think we'll get them Wez, Warnock has said there's 3/4 deals going on last week & Choo said yesterday that they're way down the road on one of Warnocks main targets.

We signed Camp yesterday, so that's the keepers sorted, he said he's happy with the defence now so I'd expect the other 3 to be the attacking players we need.

We missed out in Hayes so you know one will be a winger, the other an attacking Midfielder and another striker.

That's my opinion of course.

I hope your right ,would like a quick striker and winger,also a box to box playmaking quick powerful midfielder

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Imo if morrison is valued a 6m by the club what value would manga be equal maybe more ?

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Bradshaw, Jerome and a winger imo