Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY AND NORWICH LOCK HORNS OVER PL DEFENDER?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

CARDIFF AND NORWICH TO LOCK HORNS WITH PL OUTFIT FOR DEFENSIVE ACE
By Marcus Oades

Friday 16th June 2017

Cardiff City and Norwich City are set to rival Premier League outfit Burnley for the signature of Motherwell defender Ben Heneghan, according to The Sun.

The 23-year-old began his youth career at Everton before moving to Stoke City in 2012, although it was at Chester where he began his senior adventure, earning his debut for the club against Braintree Town in August 2014.

He went on to play 84 times for the side before earning a move north of the border to Motherwell last year, where he has since gone from strength-to-strength with 43 appearances for the Scottish side, helping them to ninth place in the top-flight last term, three points clear of the relegation zone.

And his fine form for the Steelmen, a campaign which saw him miss just one league game, has attracted interest from those in England, with Championship duo Cardiff and Norwich reportedly set to battle with Sean Dyche’s Burnley to land the Englishman.

Neil Warnock will be hoping to take his Bluebirds side above their 12th place finish next term in his first full season in charge in South Wales, yet having conceded 61 goals last time round, he’ll be looking at defenders like Heneghan who can come in and solidify his backline.

AdTech Ad
As will Norwich chief Daniel Farke, who takes over the reins at Carrow Road, and will lead a side that conceded a staggering 69 goals into next season’s campaign knowing that a repeat of that won’t see them battling for promotion come May.

And with Burnley also thought to be interested, it very much remains to be seen where the talented Heneghan is playing his trade come August

Re: CITY AND NORWICH LOCK HORNS OVER PL DEFENDER?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:32 pm

i'd be surprised if this is true. cant see a defender coming in unless one leaves.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Getting really worried about what type of players were signing/trying to, we're crying out for a cam or cm how can't warnock see that is quite baffling tbh

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:Getting really worried about what type of players were signing/trying to, we're crying out for a cam or cm how can't warnock see that is quite baffling tbh

We need some attacking players I agree, I'm not quite worried I think we've done really well do far and spend next to nothing. I think we'll see a few decent 'marquee' signings in the coming weeks hopefuly a striker or two and an attacking midfielder.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Getting really worried about what type of players were signing/trying to, we're crying out for a cam or cm how can't warnock see that is quite baffling tbh

We need some attacking players I agree, I'm not quite worried I think we've done really well do far and spend next to nothing. I think we'll see a few decent 'marquee' signings in the coming weeks hopefuly a striker or two and an attacking midfielder.

Got a feeling there is still 2 major signings to come in yet almost certainly in attack/attacking midfielder

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Got a feeling there is still 2 major signings to come in yet almost certainly in attack/attacking midfielder

Would you class danny ward as a major signing?