Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY MAKE 4TH SUMMER SIGNING "

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 pm

IMG_1961.JPG

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184988 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to confirm that goalkeeper Lee Camp will join on a permanent deal from July 1st 2017, subject to international clearance.

The 32-year-old shot stopper previously worked with Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock at Rotherham United, and has signed a contract at Cardiff City Stadium until summer 2019.

Moments after putting pen-to-paper on his deal at Cardiff City Stadium, Lee Camp spoke with cardiffcityfc.co.uk, saying: “I’m really pleased to have signed for Cardiff City. The manager has always been fantastic with me and I’m delighted to work with him again.

“Having worked with him previously too, I’ve already got a really good relationship with Andy Dibble (Cardiff City FC’s Goalkeeping Coach). He knows how to get the best out of me and we bounce off one another.

“I’m looking forward to playing in front of the Cardiff City supporters.”

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock added: “He’s what I call a ‘Steady Eddie’. Lee has always done well for me.

“We’ve now got a really good trio of goalkeepers. Neil Etheridge – a big lad with plenty to prove, Brian Murphy – who did well for me last season, and Lee, who offers experience, reliability and good decision making.

“It is down to the goalkeepers now to see who can cement their place in the starting eleven, and keep that number one jersey.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY MAKE 4TH SUMMER SIGNING "

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Always liked him. Great shot stopper

Looks like Mickey Flanagan

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Now this is what you call building a squad. What a difference to our goalkeeping situation last season!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:03 pm

welcome lee :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks for the photo....I had to check its wasn't Paddy Kenny

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 pm

3 very solid keepers and one at a good age who can improve and probably half the wages of last season. excellent wirk

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:11 pm

When I've seen him on form he's one of the most annoying goalkeepers to play against in many ways.

Perfect fit for our club ;) :occasion5:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:13 pm

3 Decent keepers, probably reasonable wages....interesting to see who starts as no1 for our first game.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Welcome!

Now get your haircut you scruffy so and so.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Welcome to Cardiff City, Lee Camp :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Great signing can't wait for the season to start and it seems so far in the future!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Welcome but get your hair cut mate your in South Wales now, the only fucked to get away with a silly haircut is Gareth Bale.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Guess that rules out a return for Chopra then!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Good championship keeper

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Who will be first choice that's the question?

Welcome aboard. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Nice work, solid keeper.
welcome to the mad house Lee and don't forget to :ayatollah: .

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:38 pm

A welcome addition to the squad. Always seemed to put in a fantastic performance when he played against us

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Has wilson left?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 pm

I think they will all raise their game to be number 1. Be an interesting season

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:04 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Now this is what you call building a squad. What a difference to our goalkeeping situation last season!

yes last year we signed a keeper fresh from being in goals for the divisions worst team
this year we have signed a keeper fresh from not even being a reserve for the divisions worst team..
done nothing since he leaving forest apart from being released a lot..
hope it works out but its a gamble just like last year.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:49 am

I'm just getting a feeling here that Warnock is just helping his old players in a job.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 am

:bluebird:

Goalkeeping sorted but we still have no depth in attack. One or two injuries or suspensions and we are stuffed. I'm sure NW is on the case though.

:bluescarf: