Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' THAT' SPONSOR FONT IS REAL. '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Judging by the clubshop window, that sponsor is the real deal. Get used to it folks! :bluebird: :shock:

IMG_1867.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 'THAT' SPONSOR FONT IS REAL.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Genuinely surprised, assumed the old sponsor design would be used.

I still like the kit though. I expect those who don't like it, will get used to it and begin to like it.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 pm

norms76 wrote:Judging by the clubshop window, that sponsor is the real deal. Get used to it folks! :bluebird: :shock:

IMG_1867.JPG
would look a lot better if the sponsor was a bit further down the shirt, it looks quite squashed in tbh :thumbright:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Genuinely surprised, assumed the old sponsor design would be used.

I still like the kit though. I expect those who don't like it, will get used to it and begin to like it.
it looks quite bare to me, I think fans had a bit more expectation from last year's kit (one of my favourite's) absolutely love the away kit though :thumbright:

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:04 pm

I think it's a wasted opportunity. Black trim does not go with blue, you can barely see the black Adidas stripes on our blue home shirt unless you look closely and this is why the shirt looks bare. Why the sudden change to black trim instead of our usual white and yellow?

White shorts and socks simply doesn't go with an illuminous lime shirt. Why have black trim on our away shirts and then have white shorts and socks? It looks like two different kits merged together! Black shorts and illuminous lime socks would have been the logical choice surely? The design choices of both kits are horrendous!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Genuinely surprised, assumed the old sponsor design would be used.

I think u may be right I've been staring at it and reading about it for the last couple hrs and it's growing on me both tops where I hated them both at first,the away kit would look so much better with dark shorts with green trim tho and dark socks

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
norms76 wrote:Judging by the clubshop window, that sponsor is the real deal. Get used to it folks! :bluebird: :shock:

IMG_1867.JPG
would look a lot better if the sponsor was a bit further down the shirt, it looks quite squashed in tbh :thumbright:

If it was any lower it would be under Tan's trouser belt lol :lol: :bluescarf: your

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think it's a wasted opportunity. Black trim does not go with blue, you can barely see the black Adidas stripes on our blue home shirt unless you look closely and this is why the shirt looks bare. Why the sudden change to black trim instead of our usual white and yellow?

White shorts and socks simply doesn't go with an illuminous lime shirt. Why have black trim on our away shirts and then have white shorts and socks? It looks like two different kits merged together! Black shorts and illuminous lime socks would have been the logical choice surely? The design choices of both kits are horrendous!

The stripes & trim on both kits are navy.

Re: ' THAT' SPONSOR FONT IS REAL. '

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Ive only just realised that the trims on both kits are navy! Now I'm smiling!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 pm

the strips should have been white.

I'm surprised I've read so many negative comment on the font of the sponsor, It was the first thing I noticed I liked, simple and clean.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Well it will keep the costs down. Simple font no custom designs....

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Maybe we're not longer being sponsored by the Malaysia tourist board and the new logo is just a request from Tan as it was originally.
If we were then surely we'd have the official logo?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:Well it will keep the costs down. Simple font no custom designs....

It may have been cheaper but sales may fall dramatically because of this change meaning less money for the club at the end anyway

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:
Jonsey Jones wrote:Well it will keep the costs down. Simple font no custom designs....

It may have been cheaper but sales may fall dramatically because of this change meaning less money for the club at the end anyway

I posted in another thread that brands usually have many restrictions over how to use their logos. Its a strange one

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:35 am

Im assuming that the idea of the sponsor is that it is quite in your face. It makes more of a statement than the previous logos.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 am

If memory serves me right the "Visit Malaysia" phrase is not any sort of official branding from that country it is just a statement put on the shirts by Tan.

There is no sponsorship money being paid. Tan is doing his bit for his country.

With that in mind the font and any sort of embellishment can be whatever the club chooses it to be.

The official Malaysia tourist logo is below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.