Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you be buying a home or away shirt?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Yes
39%
No
52%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 64

So......Will you be buying a shirt?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:26 pm

With the new shirts creating lots of reactions there's just one question....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: So......Will you be buying a shirt?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:35 pm

No

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes looks more like a training top so will probably wear it jogging or at the gym

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 pm

No. If I wear a City shirt to a home game it will be the revamped iconic mid 70s Blue shirt with the white and yellow vertical stripe that the Supporters Trust did. Proper Cardiff.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:54 pm

If the sponsor was the same as the previous seasons 100% I would've bought it but the new font makes it look tacky so it's a no from me :(

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Away shirt for me this year :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:15 am

No

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 am

No we are not Malaysia

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 am

Reply from Facebook

Stephen Heard

Such a disappointing kit after the last 2 we've had after the red shit.... Think they really have disappointed the fans with this top and cannot see sales being that high as in the last 2 years have been amazing think il wear last seasons again this year

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:07 am

My opinion, very cheaply designed

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 am

A definite no from me. I actually like the colour of the away shirt, but I won't be buying anything with the red worm still on the badge. Tan still hasn't completely unrebranded us with the worm still there.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 am

I will get the home kit when it's down to £20 or under. The away no don't like the colour but at least it ain't Red Annis.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I will get the home kit when it's down to £20 or under. The away no don't like the colour but at least it ain't Red Annis.

100% happy Nukes theres NO Red :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: , but it looks like to me, No thought put in to it,it looks cheap.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:16 am

Reply From Facebook

Stephen Heard

No and typical city again everyone is so excited for the new season warnock staying new players being brought in and just as the excitement builds we get this shite, yeah sales Annis are gonna be low and then the fans will be to blame wen the sales are poor and we dnt get warnock more money

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:34 am

This would have been the template I liked for our kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 am

I never buy the shirt , but this time I may be tempted. As it looks like a T shirt and I can get away with a T shirt at my age .
But not a football shirt :( .
As a side I like the font as it looks quite modern and perhaps that's what they were trying to achieve ???

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from Facebook

Stephen Heard

Such a disappointing kit after the last 2 we've had after the red shit.... Think they really have disappointed the fans with this top and cannot see sales being that high as in the last 2 years have been amazing think il wear last seasons again this year

I think it's down to personal preference, I love both kits and having been down and purchased them this morning they look even better when on! IMO the Malaysia logo looks simple and modern, the Lime green is electric looking - just like I want the team to be next season! The home shirt - yes it seems abit plain but actually looks really nice once on and in the flesh. I wasn't going to buy the home shirt but once I saw it at the superstore I changed my mind! All in all - great shirts and I actually prefer them to last seasons home and and away! If we cud wear the White shorts with the home kit from time to time that wud be even better! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:39 am

Never bought a replica shirt in my life. Strictly casual. Don't know what so many people are moaning about, though. We've got a blue home kit. After all we have been through, surely that's okay? Thinking about it, though, can remember some being unhappy with the yellow stripe in 75/76. Some things don't change!

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 am

no because I don't buy tops but like both.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Definitely no. Away shirt is a terrible colour & looks really cheap. Wouldn't buy one if they were less than £5!

Blue & white is a great combination for the home shirt but clearly they need to make changes to sell. Blue & black does not work & a better option would have been the blue with yellow as previously used.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Will buy the away shirt.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:51 pm

It's a blue top. Remember the fuss over the red tops?! Now we're in blue & people are still moaning! :oops:

It's just a football top at the end of the day, it's blue, it's got Cardiff City on it so that'll do me. I was unsure about the font on the sponsor but I'm over that now. More important things in life to worry about I think. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm too old and too fat to be wearing one of those no matter what they look like! :old:

Grown men always look a bit silly in replica shirts if you ask me - leave it to the kids grandad!

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:08 pm

just got back from ccs store quite busy got the away shirt ,they are selling well :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:59 pm

norms76 wrote:It's a blue top. Remember the fuss over the red tops?! Now we're in blue & people are still moaning! :oops:

It's just a football top at the end of the day, it's blue, it's got Cardiff City on it so that'll do me. I was unsure about the font on the sponsor but I'm over that now. More important things in life to worry about I think. :ayatollah:

Yes it's Blue, but first your allowed your opinion and yes it's Blue but let's at least have some thought put in to it and we are surely allowed to say how options?

I personally am not impressed with the design. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:It's a blue top. Remember the fuss over the red tops?! Now we're in blue & people are still moaning! :oops:

Yes it's Blue, but first your allowed your opinion and yes it's Blue but let's at least have some thought put in to it and we are surely allowed to say how options?

I personally am not impressed with the design. :bluebird:

Yes everyone one is entitled and I was giving mine. Its blue & got Cardiff on the badge with the bluebird, I'm happy with that. I quite like the simple design personally. The only thing I wasn't sure of was the sponsor font but like I said, I'm over that now that's confirmed.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Yes, and I did.. The away top and it looks great..

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:38 pm

I bought both as well. Pleased with the quality

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Nope,will buy in May 2018 sale for 19 bucks.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 pm

How much do they cost?

And what discount (if any) do you get as a season ticket holder?