Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

War chest

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am

Very average signings made by Warnock so far which begs the question,has Tan given the manager and kind of war chest at all

Re: War chest

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 am

angelis1949 wrote:Very average signings made by Warnock so far which begs the question,has Tan given the manager and kind of war chest at all
early days most players are on holidays still, by the start of next month things will hot up

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 am

this is what I expected, cut the wage bill down and get the frees in in June to see what he has left to push on with more key signings.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 am

' NEIL WARNOCKS THREE '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185437
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185437 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am

He's plugging the holes in the squad with solid worthy players. I think the real quality ones are yet to come I maybe wrong but all we've laid out on is Patterson so far

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am

He's plugging the holes in the squad with solid worthy players. I think the real quality ones are yet to come I maybe wrong but all we've laid out on is Patterson so far

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am

angelis1949 wrote:Very average signings made by Warnock so far which begs the question,has Tan given the manager and kind of war chest at all

maybe there is X million to spend but unless some senior players leave and free up wages not much is going to happen.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Patterson won't have come on the cheap despite little by way of a fee.

Harris will be on a much improved contract. If Manga re-signs that will clearly cost a pretty penny.

The key will be the next few signings will demonstrate where we are. The striker will cost serious money in both a fee and wages whoever he is.

Let's just wait and see.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Number one priority for Tan will be reducing debts and monthly costs. It has been made clear that we have a very limited budget, and Tan said some time back that he was not going to be spending money once we changed back to blue. That was something which I think most of us accepted as a consequence of getting rid of the red shirts. This club had to something about the enormous debt whatever.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Number one priority for Tan will be reducing debts and monthly costs. It has been made clear that we have a very limited budget, and Tan said some time back that he was not going to be spending money once we changed back to blue. That was something which I think most of us accepted as a consequence of getting rid of the red shirts. This club had to something about the enormous debt whatever.

Some short memories as usual, Steve :laughing6:

There was 'trade-of' for the return to blue and it was stated clearly. The debt simply HAS to be reduced and the quicker the better. Vincent Tan won't be here forever and we need to consider that the next one in is not likely to be as wealthy or (in some respects) as benevolent as he has been to date ;)

That's not to say we cannot 'have a good crack' at this Division, as we finally have a manager in place that knows how to do it on a comparatively small budget and knows the players who fit the bill :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:46 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Patterson won't have come on the cheap despite little by way of a fee.

Harris will be on a much improved contract. If Manga re-signs that will clearly cost a pretty penny.

The key will be the next few signings will demonstrate where we are. The striker will cost serious money in both a fee and wages whoever he is.

Let's just wait and see.

He's building from the back, we have a good spine, but this is where he will add, in the coming weeks, plus a winger.

I'm looking forward to see who he adds especially the striker

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Number one priority for Tan will be reducing debts and monthly costs. It has been made clear that we have a very limited budget, and Tan said some time back that he was not going to be spending money once we changed back to blue. That was something which I think most of us accepted as a consequence of getting rid of the red shirts. This club had to something about the enormous debt whatever.

There was 'trade-of' for the return to blue and it was stated clearly. The debt simply HAS to be reduced and the quicker the better. Vincent Tan won't be here forever and we need to consider that the next one in is not likely to be as wealthy or (in some respects) as benevolent as he has been to date ;)

That's not to say we cannot 'have a good crack' at this Division, as we finally have a manager in place that knows how to do it on a comparatively small budget and knows the players who fit the bill :thumbup: :ayatollah:

although i sorta agree, last summers window wasnt exactly shopping in poundland.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:03 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

although i sorta agree, last summers window wasnt exactly shopping in poundland.

Maybe not Poundland but going on Rickie Lambert we shopped in the local crock shop. :oops:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Sven wrote:Some short memories as usual, Steve :laughing6:

Great debate to had there. Vincent Tan has made repeated mistakes and pissed loads of fans off but one thing for sure he has been benevolent. When you look at some of the owners out there such as at Blackpool and Coventry you have to conclude we got away with it in comparison.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 pm

I think the problem is as per usual figures were batted about on here of 4m and 6m. Apparently this was what we were getting and I think we've taken it for gospel when in reality we have no idea and it's probably way off.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think the problem is as per usual figures were batted about on here of 4m and 6m. Apparently this was what we were getting and I think we've taken it for gospel when in reality we have no idea and it's probably way off.

no idea what he has but if I was manager if try and fill the gaps and reduce the wages and then see what I have left to buy in the most important areas which are upfront. so far Warnock has done what I would have but let's see if he has money. certainly backed so far.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

Maybe not Poundland but going on Rickie Lambert we shopped in the local crock shop. :oops:

im not saying we got value for money by any means..but Amos,Huws, Richards,Lambert,Bennett,Immers,gouningbe,, and Zohore?..was a much bigger investment than i figured we would get when we returned to blue.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I think the problem is as per usual figures were batted about on here of 4m and 6m. Apparently this was what we were getting and I think we've taken it for gospel when in reality we have no idea and it's probably way off.

no idea what he has but if I was manager if try and fill the gaps and reduce the wages and then see what I have left to buy in the most important areas which are upfront. so far Warnock has done what I would have but let's see if he has money. certainly backed so far.

Yup he's done really well so far... But we are all waiting for that 1/2 attacking players now to make the big difference!

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:34 am

The 'War Chest' is exactly as it's supposed to be for a club b with our
Current income stream

Trouble is it got smashed by previous managers
Where the l fact had been loads of players on loads of contracts

Slade did his job.
Trollope signings didn't work

Still too much money going out.

Now we trust Warnock

Stability (in budget) is actually what Tan wants too

Teams have got promoted with