Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnocks Three '

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 am

' NEIL WARNOCKS THREE GOALKEEPERS '

Lee Camp Warnock's first-choice

Neil Etheridge 2nd choice

Brian Murphy backup

Are you happy with Neil Warnocks three goalkeepers for 2017-18?

My opinion Warnock has already done well here, first by saving a fortune, these three don't even add up to McGregor's wages, never mind the money that wasted on Ben Amos.

I also believe there is healthy competition there and we will be ok in goal :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: ' Neil Warnocks Three '

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 am

' Lee Camp '

The 32-year old former Nottingham Forest goalkeeper previously played for boss Neil Warnock at Rotherham.

"I'm really pleased to have signed for Cardiff City. The manager has always been fantastic with me and I'm delighted to work with him again," the Northern Ireland international said.

"I'm looking forward to playing in front of the Cardiff City supporters."

"Lee is what I call a 'Steady Eddie'," Warnock said. "Lee has always done well for me.

"We've now got a really good trio of goalkeepers. Neil Etheridge - a big lad with plenty to prove, Brian Murphy - who did well for me last season, and Lee, who offers experience, reliability and good decision making.

"It is down to the goalkeepers now to see who can cement their place in the team, and keep that number one jersey."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 am

Neil Etheridge

The 27-year-old made 44 appearances for Walsall last season, keeping 12 clean sheets as the Bescot Stadium club finished 14th in League One.

Etheridge is a 27-year-old goalkeeper who played his football for Walsall last term.

Where has he played in his career so far?

The goalkeeper has impressed in his two seasons at the Bescot Stadium since joining the club from Charlton Athletic in the 2015 summer transfer window.

He started his professional career at Fulham but failed to break into the first team.

Neil Etheridge in action for Walsall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 am

Brian Murphy

Aged 34, Played five times for Cardiff City last season, Murthy has one year left on his contract.

Veteran stopper Murphy joined the Bluebirds in September 2016, having made over a hundred appearances across the English football pyramid.

Brian began his career at Manchester City and also enjoyed time at Bohemians, where he won the League of Ireland in 2008 and 2009. From there, he joined Ipswich Town, before featuring for QPR and Portsmouth.

The ‘keeper has represented the Republic of Ireland at U16, U19, U20 and U21 level, and has also been called up to the first team twice in recent years, including for the World Cup Play-Off with France in 2009.

Bluebirds fans warmed to Brian during the 2016/17 season, as he made six appearances and kept clean sheets against Aston Villa and Huddersfield Town.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 am

I think it's been great business and probably paying half what we paid Amos and McGregor in wages and not spent a penny on them and 3 good options.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 am

I feel sorry for Murphy as he was stellar in goals last season, didn't put a foot wrong in all fairness but I am happy with what we have, a strong 3 keepers to fight it for a starting place.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:07 am

would have been happy giving Etheridge a go with Murphy as cover.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am

I've been very impressed with Murphy whenever he's played. Good competition and I don't think Camp can afford to have many poor games.