Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE CAMP ON NEIL WARNOCK...

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Camp couldn't turn down Warnock

Goalkeeper Lee Camp says teaming up again with Neil Warnock was key to his decision to join Cardiff from Rotherham.

The Bluebirds have confirmed the 32-year-old has agreed a move to the Cardiff City Stadium and will join on a two-year deal at the start of July.

Camp worked with City boss Warnock at Rotherham and also the club's goalkeeper coach, Andy Dibble, and he admitted he was keen to be reunited with them ahead of the new season in the Championship.

He told the Cardiff website "I’m really pleased to have signed for Cardiff City. The manager has always been fantastic with me and I’m delighted to work with him again.

"Having worked with him previously too, I’ve already got a really good relationship with Andy Dibble. He knows how to get the best out of me and we bounce off one another.

"I’m looking forward to playing in front of the Cardiff City supporters."

Warnock believes Camp's experience could be vital next season and says his arrival will complement the keepers already at the club.

He said: "He’s what I call a 'Steady Eddie'. Lee has always done well for me. We’ve now got a really good trio of goalkeepers. Neil Etheridge – a big lad with plenty to prove, Brian Murphy - who did well for me last season, and Lee, who offers experience, reliability and good decision-making.

"It is down to the goalkeepers now to see who can cement their place in the starting XI and keep that number one jersey."