Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£350 Mill Deal for Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Real Madrid

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 am

Real Madrid say it would take a £350m deal to allow Cristiano Ronaldo to leave the club, which they expect to deter PSG and Man Utd (Mail)

Re: £350 Mill Deal for Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Real Madri

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Its a really interesting debate to have

Obviously any football fan would want to see Ronaldo in their respective teams starting 11.

But the money he would cost to sign and the wages he would require would be monstrous to any clubs budget.

So would you take a 32 year old to scored 55 goals in all competitions last season, with the financial burdens it would bring to a club?

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Gavin wrote:Its a really interesting debate to have

Obviously any football fan would want to see Ronaldo in their respective teams starting 11.

But the money he would cost to sign and the wages he would require would be monstrous to any clubs budget.

So would you take a 32 year old to scored 55 goals in all competitions last season, with the financial burdens it would bring to a club?

Not sure he could do it on a cold Tuesday night away against Barnsley

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:04 pm

I would be selling if I was Madrid.

Hes 32 now. He only has one, maybe two good years before he succumbs to age in my opinion, loses a yard of pace and have to start thinking of changing positions etc.

Could probably get £170m for him now. That could go towards the next Bale for example and set the club up with another focal point for the next decade. Bale and Isco are more than able replacements in the time being.

If there was ever a case of one player being bigger than the club, Ronaldo comes close. What he says goes.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Really struggling to believe this.

I just can't see any of the top clubs in Europe entertaining this. I would be surprised to see Real Madrid get what they paid for Bale. The only way they would get that sort of money they paid for Bale is if the Chinese came in for him who are trying to break into the World scene themselves.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Really struggling to believe this.

I just can't see any of the top clubs in Europe entertaining this. I would be surprised to see Real Madrid get what they paid for Bale. The only way they would get that sort of money they paid for Bale is if the Chinese came in for him who are trying to break into the World scene themselves.

United would certainly pay around £150-£170 in my opinion, as many European clubs would. The endorsements the club would get alone would repay a chunk of that.

Clearly nobody would pay £350m though. Thats just a nonsense figure.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 am

Just coincidence that they Mention a Sum shortly before the chinese window opens.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 pm

There is no way Ronaldo is worth £350m - not unless Madrid hold is image rights as well.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Talk of swap deal including man u goalie! But not worth the money.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 pm

If we signed him on a free people would complain that he's over the hill at 32 !

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:If we signed him on a free people would complain that he's over the hill at 32 !

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Thats true !!!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 pm

If we signed him many would say it was underwhelming :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:There is no way Ronaldo is worth £350m - not unless Madrid hold is image rights as well.

Agree.