Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking:Another Attack last night and with a Welsh Van

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Of course it's a terrorist attack, he stated he wanted to kill all Muslims. This retard is playing right into ISIS hands and will just push more young Muslim men into the clutches of the hate preachers.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:01 pm

He lives in the Pentwyn area of Cardiff apparently

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:This looks more like a racist incident than terrorism!

Islam is not a race, you and I could decide to become a muslim for example. It was not racist.

Attacking muslims for their beliefs is just as much a terror attack as radical Muslims attacking westerners/non muslims for theirs.

Well I don't agree with YOU!

The guy in pictures looks a complete nutter and having supported City for years I've met quite a few!

If he turns out to be a sofisticated well motivated terrorist then I will change my opinion.

There is nothing to agree or disagree with. He was clearly targeting muslims (not a race) due to their beliefs and the recent heavily politicised attacks. It is terrorism by definition. Terrorism has nothing to do with sophistication.

Terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Still don't agree with you even with your so called definition, simples

It isnt MY definition, it is THE definition.

There is nothing to disagree with.

Yawn, they will call it terrorism to avoid a riot up there it's called politically correct.

You can prattle on as much as you like about it you've got your opinion I have mine. I don't condone it at all however why did he hire a van here and travel to London? He could have done it in Cardiff a lot more to come out on this and the Govt will want to avoid similar incidents

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 pm

UPDATED

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185480

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

The nations Capitol wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
murphy wrote:Finsbury Park mosque has an history of extremism. The shithole should have been shut down years ago.

Your sympathy and concern for the victims is touching.

Finsbury Park Mosque was associated with Al Quaida radicals before 2005. Since 2005, under new leadership, it has been used as an exemplar of tolerance, inter-faith co-operation, and challenges to radicalisation.

Popped in there recently have you?

No. What is your point?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Yawn, they will call it terrorism to avoid a riot up there it's called politically correct.

You can prattle on as much as you like about it you've got your opinion I have mine. I don't condone it at all however why did he hire a van here and travel to London? He could have done it in Cardiff a lot more to come out on this and the Govt will want to avoid similar incidents

Its not an opinion. I stated what he did and I stated the actual definition of the word terrorism.

There was no wiggle room for opinion.

He is a terrorist.

If you think he isnt, then neither were the other bridge attacks. Quite simple.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Islam is not a race, you and I could decide to become a muslim for example. It was not racist.

Attacking muslims for their beliefs is just as much a terror attack as radical Muslims attacking westerners/non muslims for theirs.

The guy in pictures looks a complete nutter and having supported City for years I've met quite a few!

If he turns out to be a sofisticated well motivated terrorist then I will change my opinion.

There is nothing to agree or disagree with. He was clearly targeting muslims (not a race) due to their beliefs and the recent heavily politicised attacks. It is terrorism by definition. Terrorism has nothing to do with sophistication.

Terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Your definition is out of the dictionary!

If you took the time to research it you will find that Countries throughout the world have found it hard to give terrorism a definition as they can't agree on it. Do some research

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Its not an opinion. I stated what he did and I stated the actual definition of the word terrorism.

There was no wiggle room for opinion.

He is a terrorist.

If you think he isnt, then neither were the other bridge attacks. Quite simple.

Research the incident in Australia a few years back similar circumstances maybe the Australian govt are wrong as well!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Your definition is out of the dictionary!

If you took the time to research it you will find that Countries throughout the world have found it hard to give terrorism a definition as they can't agree on it. Do some research

Eh? What countries disagree on the definition?? :lol:

We are in Britain, that is out of the British dictionary of definitions (not that any countries will disagree on the world recognised definition).

so what is your definition then?

How can one man hire a van, smash into a load of people with the intention of murdering them due to their beliefs on a bridge be terrorism, then a week later someone smashes into a load of people with the intention of murdering them due to their beliefs outside where they worship - not be.

You arent making sense.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Research the incident in Australia a few years back similar circumstances maybe the Australian govt are wrong as well!

Definition from an Australian dictionary:-

"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims"

Sounds familiar.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Correct.

At the moment we don't know the background. However, if this nutter was part of/influenced by right wing extremists then it's exactly the same as the Muslim extremists.

Totally correct. This is not a war between Muslims and Westerners or Black against White. This is a war, like all wars, of Hate against Hate, between extremists with an agenda and ordinary people. The more we pander to the extremists agenda the more we support them.

Trouble is that sounds dangerously close to appeasement which has failed every time it has been tried.

It's emphatically not appeasement in fact it's the opposite. Appeasement is giving in to the terrorists by fighting fire with fire which plays exactly into their hands. The only way to defeat this evil is to stand shoulder to shoulder and root out the evil purpertrators. They play on our fears, we cannot let them win.

well all the perpertrators of recent attacks have either been killed or caught so rooting them out is out of the question especially as none seemed to be part of a wider well organised plot..and the next one is going to be as random as the previous attacks. i dont know about not playing into their hands either..barriers have gone up..police are now vissibly armed at large events..and our inteligence services along with the police are both spending lots of money and lots of time trying to figure out who and where next time. London Bridge saw 3 terrorists shot dead in 8 minutes,this suggests to me we have quick response armed teams at what the authorities deem likely hot spots...we are already responding.

So you don't think there will be any more perpetrators of hate crimes? I wouldn't bet on it! This has nothing to do with getting the police tooled up (as much as I agree with it routinely) that only deals with the bloody aftermath. The trick is to infiltrate the community and work with the law abiding majority to root out the evil. Also, working with the community will allow for strategies to be implemented to curb radicalisation. This thick crock of shit is just playing into ISIS' hands, they must be over the moon. This will just feed into fears and act as a recruiting sergeant for their evil regime.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 pm

jon1959 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
murphy wrote:Finsbury Park mosque has an history of extremism. The shithole should have been shut down years ago.

Finsbury Park Mosque was associated with Al Quaida radicals before 2005. Since 2005, under new leadership, it has been used as an exemplar of tolerance, inter-faith co-operation, and challenges to radicalisation.

No. What is your point?

My point is whos word are you taking that they're now an exemplar of tolerance etc etc?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 pm

jon1959 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

No. What is your point?

My point is whos word are you taking that they're now an exemplar of tolerance etc etc?

Wonder how many of those tolerant mosque members joined the thousands in London last Sunday marching for Hezbollah calling for the destruction of Israel.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:03 pm

mallo wrote:from the Rhonda and been sectioned before - :oops:

F##k me, how wrong were you, also couldn't even spell the place correctly!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:23 pm

jon1959 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

No. What is your point?

Wonder how many of those tolerant mosque members joined the thousands in London last Sunday marching for Hezbollah calling for the destruction of Israel.

i base my opinion on dozens of news stories like this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 28300.html

And the views of politicians, police and other faith leaders in the area (Christian, Jewish, Sikh), most of whom hold meetings in the building. If you know differently... ?

I don't know how many, if any, Finsbury Mosque regulars were on the demonstration last Sunday. Is it relevant? The victims of that terrorist attack last night, the victims of attempted murder and probably murder in at least one case, were innocent people. You seem to be trying very hard to create a justification for that.

I only saw a very short news item on Sunday's march, but checking reports just now I can't see any (including the Jewish Chronicle) that match your description - on the size, who organised it, what it called for, and the significance of Hezbollah flag on the march. But as I said, it has no relevance at all to the cowardly attack last night.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:25 pm

jon1959 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

No. What is your point?

i base my opinion on dozens of news stories like this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 28300.html

And the views of politicians, police and other faith leaders in the area (Christian, Jewish, Sikh), most of whom hold meetings in the building. If you know differently... ?

I don't know how many, if any, Finsbury Mosque regulars were on the demonstration last Sunday. Is it relevant? The victims of that terrorist attack last night, the victims of attempted murder and probably murder in at least one case, were innocent people. You seem to be trying very hard to create a justification for that.

I only saw a very short news item on Sunday's march, but checking reports just now I can't see any (including the Jewish Chronicle) that match your description - on the size, who organised it, what it called for, and the significance of Hezbollah flag on the march. But as I said, it has no relevance at all to the cowardly attack last night.

Oh my God, you based it on newspaper stories. If i'd have known I would have never questioned you. :roll:

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun

Could be classed as a hate crime I suppose. If the police had not treated this as an act of terrorism, not sure how long they could hold him in custody. I guess all they could have charged him with is causing death by dangerous driving. Just guessing here, I am no law expert.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Could be classed as a hate crime I suppose. If the police had not treated this as an act of terrorism, not sure how long they could hold him in custody. I guess all they could have charged him with is causing death by dangerous driving. Just guessing here, I am no law expert.

How can it NOT be classed as terrorism? It was a replica of the past 2 terrorist attacks in London. Rent a van and smash it into people that represent an ideology you dont agree with with intent to maim and murder them.

Either none of them are acts of terrorism, or they all are.

Can't pick and choose to suit.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Could be classed as a hate crime I suppose. If the police had not treated this as an act of terrorism, not sure how long they could hold him in custody. I guess all they could have charged him with is causing death by dangerous driving. Just guessing here, I am no law expert.

How can it NOT be classed as terrorism? It was a replica of the past 2 terrorist attacks in London. Rent a van and smash it into people that represent an ideology you dont agree with with intent to maim and murder them.

Either none of them are acts of terrorism, or they all are.

Can't pick and choose to suit.

The only difference here was that he deliberately targeted people leaving a mosque, his target was the Muslim population whereas some of the other acts we have recently witnessed were aimed at whoever happened to be there at the time.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun

Could be classed as a hate crime I suppose. If the police had not treated this as an act of terrorism, not sure how long they could hold him in custody. I guess all they could have charged him with is causing death by dangerous driving. Just guessing here, I am no law expert.

The old fella was dead from a heart attack according to some news sources . He'll be sectioned under the mental health act or charged with attempted murder. Its a racist revenge attack by a guy missing a few screws.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
The only difference here was that he deliberately targeted people leaving a mosque, his target was the Muslim population whereas some of the other acts we have recently witnessed were aimed at whoever happened to be there at the time.

Would you describe a Muslim hiring a van and driving into a load of people leaving a church with the intent to murder them a terrorist attack? Lee Rigby beheading?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:03 pm

The old fella was dead from a heart attack according to some news sources . He'll be sectioned under the mental health act or charged with attempted murder. Its a racist revenge attack by a guy missing a few screws.

Islam is not a race, it was not racist. You could convert to Islam tomorrow, you wouldnt change your race.

The Manchester bomber made it clear his attack was due to revenge for the Libyan bombings.

Was that a revenge attack rather than a terrorist attack too then?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Would you describe a Muslim hiring a van and driving into a load of people leaving a church with the intent to murder them a terrorist attack? Lee Rigby beheading?

Arguing with the wrong person here. Was an act of terrorism as far as I am concerned. I was attempting to put a different slant on things to try and work out why some people are not considering it in the same way. As I explained, I know very little about criminal law, and do not know what the legal definitions are of terrorist or hate crimes. Could be the same thing for all I know. One thing I do know is that this was not a racist attack, this was an attack on a religion rather than a particular race of people.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Arguing with the wrong person here. Was an act of terrorism as far as I am concerned. I was attempting to put a different slant on things to try and work out why some people are not considering it in the same way. As I explained, I know very little about criminal law, and do not know what the legal definitions are of terrorist or hate crimes. Could be the same thing for all I know. One thing I do know is that this was not a racist attack, this was an attack on a religion rather than a particular race of people.

Why would you want to have a discussion with a jack on a Cardiff Forum?

Ignore the prick.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I apologise if I misunderstood your point then Steve.

It is absolutely a terror attack though, no doubt about it. And the people claiming its not would 100% label a similar attack by a muslim on church goers as one, we all know that - lets not kid ourselves. The hypocrisy is astounding and does people with simple moral standpoints a great disservice.

There is a widespread view that Muslim attacks on non muslims should be met with widespread distain by their community, they don't really have a leg to stand on anymore after their reaction to this attack on their population.

If roles were reversed and this thread was Muslims discussing the terror attack last week, there would be outrage on here. Its quite staggering that people cannot see their own hypocricy.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Why would you want to have a discussion with someone who has highlighted how truly bigoted some of us are? We cannot defend my views when it is laid out bare like this.

Ignore the prick.

Changed it for you :thumbup:

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Why would you want to have a discussion with a jack on a Cardiff Forum?

Ignore the prick.

Whether he's a Jack or not, he's correct.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun

Oh I see he's in court for Murder and attempted Murder, racism being the factor.

At least you've learnt something :old: