Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Johnny Hayes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 pm

HAYES: CELTIC DECISION WAS EASY

Jonny Hayes said little persuasion was needed for him to leave Aberdeen and join Scottish Premiership champions Celtic.

Hayes said: "As soon as Aberdeen gave Celtic permission, I spoke to Brendan and within 30 seconds I knew I wanted to come. I knew there might be a chance I was going down to England. My agent Barry Hughes had set a few things up for me and I could have gone.

"But as soon as Celtic became involved it was the only place I wanted to come."

No Mention of City? Unless we are English now? :wave:

Re: Johnny Hayes

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Can't blame him to be fair :wave:

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Considering that we've shown a genuine interest and bidded for his talent, you'd think that he'd have some more respect for the clubs that recognised that. He'd have more ambition and reason to join Cardiff than be settled and be content with his career in Scotland. Shame really but wouldn't pay the amount that he went to Celtic for. Will Buckley on a free transfer over Hayes all day long!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Like I said a week or two back if you are given a choice between a club playing regularly in front of 50,000 crowds, a club that may play the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, a club that has won the European Cup, or a club that plays in front of 12 to 15,000 people, has little chance of winning any trophies and is up to it's neck in debt, and in all probability will never play in a European competition, it seems like a no brainer. Celtic are a massive club compared to us, even if they play in a very poor league.