Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DANNY WARD HAS MEDICAL AT CCS? '

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Rotherham United: New frontman target for Millers as Ward has Cardiff City medical
By Paul Davis

Danny Ward stands on the brink of sealing his £1-million-plus move to Cardiff City.

Monday 19th June 2017

The Star understands the Millers striker is undergoing a medical at the South Wales club this week and could be unveiled as a Bluebirds player before the weekend.

Championship Cardiff, managed by former Millers boss Neil Warnock, have won the race for Ward after fighting off competition from at least one other second-tier side who were offering similar money. The departure of the 26-year-old, who scored 12 goals last season in Rotherham’s Championship relegation campaign, should be offset by the arrival this week of striker David Ball from Fleetwood Town.

Chairman Tony Stewart said the Millers turned down more than £2m for Ward in the January transfer window when the club were still hoping to succeed in their battle against the drop. Ward was out of contract this summer but Rotherham activated their option to extend his deal by 12 months so they could still demand a substantial fee for him. The figure this time is believed to be lower than the January mark but still well in excess of £1m, although former club Huddersfield are entitled to around half of it because of a sell-on clause.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARD HAS MEDICAL AT CCS?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Wouldn't mind him like but think we need more then just him wouldn't mind Lawrence or Sam Gallagher as well maybe on a loan deal

Re: ' DANNY WARD HAS MEDICAL AT CCS? '

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 pm

I have actually this man play live and he was dogshit. Also I really don't think it's wise to sign any players from that Rotherham team, they were abysmal last season and really let the fans down.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm

[quote="Also I really don't think it's wise to sign any players from that Rotherham team, they were abysmal last season and really let the fans down.[/quote]
KZ & KH weren't too good til NW had a word in his ear, either ;)

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 pm

If this report is true it would be yet again a less than inspiring signing,surly we need to be more ambitious than this.......my humble opinion of course

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I am in agreeance with you, not to impressed with the signings so far, they ain't that good, Rotherham finished bottom crap team. Look at Halford, he is like a carthorse.Camp and Paterson both injured and out of football for sometime,lets hope they can still do it, if the are fit enough. I know there are budget restrictions, but if we are pushing for promotion, they are not the answer. We have players on our books who are equally as good as them. Murphy excellent goalie never let us down, Pilkington good trier and we have Kennedy a good winger. :bluebird:

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 pm

angelis1949 wrote:If this report is true it would be yet again a less than inspiring signing,surly we need to be more ambitious than this.......my humble opinion of course

You've not got a nice word to say about anyone so excuse me if I take what you say with a massive pinch of salt.

Trust Warnock, I know I do. :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm

We need to trust Warnock's judgement, he knows what it takes to get out of this league. His hands are tied to a certain extent, he is going to have to sign players who are not big names. He has no choice as he has a very limited budget available. We need to be realistic, our huge debts have to be the priority. Reaching the play offs would be a bonus with the finances at the club being in such a state, but possibly Warnock is one of the few people who can have a real crack at it. I am not expecting miracles, but hoping somehow or other Warnock can conjure one up.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Hope NW proves me wrong but these signings do not fill me with excitement one little bit.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Dahboy wrote:Hope NW proves me wrong but these signings do not fill me with excitement one little bit.

I don't know about that. I'm looking forward to seeing Mendez - Laing & Patterson personally.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 pm

norms76 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:If this report is true it would be yet again a less than inspiring signing,surly we need to be more ambitious than this.......my humble opinion of course

You've not got a nice word to say about anyone so excuse me if I take what you say with a massive pinch of salt.

Do you not recall Warnock saying all he needed was 6 million pounds to put together a team that could challenge for a play-off spot...do you really see any evidence of any of that 6 million being spent ,I hope things will change but it has to happen sooner than later

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

For a second there I got excited and thought we were signing the Wales and Liverpool goalkeeper, Danny Ward. :(

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:15 pm

I understand what you are saying, but Warnock builds a team. I wouldn't mind betting that Ward will add to it, his attitude will be second to none !!!

If he gets it right, which he usually does but there are no guarantees, we will have a team that will fight and battle to the end and play as a team.

No one will like us or want to play us, personally I love it when we have a team like that, we will have more character in this team than we have had for years, I trust Warnock and cant wait to see how it all works out !!!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Nw knows what he's doing lads trust the gaffer. BLOOBIRDS

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but Warnock builds a team.

If he gets it right, which he usually does but there are no guarantees, we will have a team that will fight and battle to the end and play as a team.

No one will like us or want to play us, personally I love it when we have a team like that, we will have more character in this team than we have had for years, I trust Warnock and cant wait to see how it all works out !!!

Good point there. We only have to look at the work ethic of the Welsh national side to see how far a team can with that method. Warnock is a squad builder, and I genuinely believe we are in great hands.

Mendez-Laing and Paterson have been hyped about for a season now, and tipped for big things. Both have got their well deserved step ups. Warnock has managed Lee Camp and Danny Ward, and to pick them out says to me he must really rate them, and he hasn't done anything to make me doubt his judgement.

As for Etheridge, he has a decent record. That's all I can really say about him, and Walsall fans seemed gutted that he left - albeit not suprised.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Do you not recall Warnock saying all he needed was 6 million pounds to put together a team that could challenge for a play-off spot...do you really see any evidence of any of that 6 million being spent ,I hope things will change but it has to happen sooner than later

He's building a squad, you cannot judge his spending yet as it's very early in the summer, I expect a few will come in as he has already said there's 3/4 in the pipeline & a couple of those haven't been mentioned in the media.

Only in September when the window shuts you can judge Warnock & the board for the lack of spending if that's the case, I personally think we're going to be pleasantly surprised.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm

I think we should all rely on the fact that Neil Warnock is very likely to be a better judge of whether or not a new signing is a good one for the team than any of us. We tend to have wished lists of players that are either unrealistic in the financial position the club finds itself in or not suited to the style of play which will be used, or both.
For example, I thought Rickie Lambert was a very good signing at the time but he has simply not worked out. Others at the time, including Annis, posted that they thought it was a very good signing but, like me , have been proved to be wrong and changed their mind.
My current opinion, which again may well prove to be a wrong one, is that the club should press ahead with efforts to offload the likes of Noone and Pilkington to generate fees and wages headroom to try and bring in a quality creative midfieder .

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

In Warnock I trust :D