Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Not yet had a medical / But '

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:09 am

Rotherham United striker Danny Ward has not yet had a medical with Cardiff City, but has had meetings/talks with Neil Warnock.

Although it is understood that talks between the Millers striker and former Boss Neil Warnock, who is Manager at Cardiff, are at an 'advanced' stage and Ward will probably sign for the Bluebirds next week.

Danny was the Millers top scorer last season and with Rotherham triggering a clause in his contract that made him Rotherham player until 2018 it is expected that he will leave.

The club have said on more than one occasion that Danny would not go for a pittance with Wales Online quoting a figure of around £1m - which his former club Huddersfield Town will receive a pay-out from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Not yet had a medical / But '

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 am

Cardiff City set to unveil new striker this week after talks with Rotherham United's Danny Ward

The Bluebirds will make an announcement if talks progress smoothly

By Chris Wathan

20 JUN 2017

Rotherham United striker Danny Ward could join Cardiff City this week after holding advanced talks with the Bluebirds.

The 25-year-old forward has been linked with Cardiff for a number of weeks and it is understood he will sign this week if negotiations go smoothly.

Some media outlets are reporting Ward has already undergone a medical at Cardiff City Stadium. But WalesOnline understands that is not yet the case, though Neil Warnock has spoken to Ward over a £1million move that could be confirmed in the coming days.

Ward, who can play out wide or through the middle, hit 12 goals for the Millers last term but could not prevent their relegation to League One.

He would join fellow ex-Millers Lee Camp and Greg Halford in the Cardiff squad if the deal was completed.

The Bluebirds have already signed four players this summer: Neil Etheridge, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Callum Paterson and Camp, all on free transfers.

Ward's Rotherham contract runs until 2018 and it is expected to cost more than £1million to lure the striker away from the New York Stadium.

The frontman started his career at Bolton before loan spells with Swindon and Coventry took him to Huddersfield Town, and then Rotherham.

Huddersfield will receive a sell-on fee if Ward swaps South Yorkshire for South Wales.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am

Would be a decent signing .

Manga is the big one for me though

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 am

waste of money in my opinion

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 am

Luckily no one heeds your opinion then :thumbup:

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:26 am

Jules wrote:Luckily no one heeds your opinion then :thumbup:

aint i allowed 1 ?
personally dont think any of the signings so far have impressed me. only 1 i like and hes injured !
id rather us go for championship experianced proven players such as jonny russell

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:37 am

Double G wrote:

aint i allowed 1 ?
personally dont think any of the signings so far have impressed me. only 1 i like and hes injured !
id rather us go for championship experianced proven players such as jonny russell

We're buying financially realist targets who want to do well and prove themselves, wouldn't want to spunk 3-4 mill on Jonny Russell who is more up n down than a yoyo when we have that Laing Mendez who looks more up to the job :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Double G wrote:

aint i allowed 1 ?

We're buying financially realist targets who want to do well and prove themselves, wouldn't want to spunk 3-4 mill on Jonny Russell who is more up n down than a yoyo when we have that Laing Mendez who looks more up to the job :bluescarf:

Agree with this bloke... Very happy with the signings and I hope theres more to come.
IN WARNOCK WE TRUST

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 pm

so waste possibly over a million on a player who hasnt even got a 1 in 6 goal ratio with clubs in league 1 and the championship ?

personally i feel we have better strikers and wingers at the club hence my thoughts on wasting 1 mill. this money could be used for wages on a better standard of player such as ledley, frazier etc who are proven at this level

ambition so far on signings for me is zero, and when players leave such as noone, pilks etc then we could possibly start with a weaker side than last season as it stands

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Double G wrote:so waste possibly over a million on a player who hasnt even got a 1 in 6 goal ratio with clubs in league 1 and the championship ?

personally i feel we have better strikers and wingers at the club hence my thoughts on wasting 1 mill. this money could be used for wages on a better standard of player such as ledley, frazier etc who are proven at this level

ambition so far on signings for me is zero, and when players leave such as noone, pilks etc then we could possibly start with a weaker side than last season as it stands

Give them a chance mate. Look at Malkys signings, hardly breaking the bank with big names were we? And Noone is absolutely useless and has been for the past 3 years. If you can't see that, I'm afraid there's no hope for you!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:46 pm

i will allways give all a chance mate and get fully behind them.
just my optimism at the moment is dwindling with current signings. lets hope im wrong.
i still got hope we can get some tidy signings in when NW starts spending (if backed which i have doubts about)

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Double G wrote:

aint i allowed 1 ?

Double G of course you have the right to your opinion it was just meant as a bit of fun mate. :thumbup:

Personally I think they will do us just fine and hopefully one or two more in and its nice to see us not throwing any more big money away on either aged players carrying long standing injuries or players who just want to follow the cash and use clubs as means of getting a better deal at where they REALLY want to go.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Double G wrote:so waste possibly over a million on a player who hasnt even got a 1 in 6 goal ratio with clubs in league 1 and the championship ?

1 goal in 6 games thats not vey good sounds like another Revell to me

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Would be a decent signing .

Manga is the big one for me though

He really is now Whitts has gone

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm

What strikers are better that are 1st team players? Noone is crap as been for 3 seasons ! As for Frazier ect can only sign players who want to come also within the budget, the ambition is to get a descent squad and until season starts and all players are signed talk of lacking of ambition is premature, you obviously have no faith in Warnock judgement in signing players? :old:

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

What strikers are better that are 1st team players? Noone is crap as been for 3 seasons ! As for Frazier ect can only sign players who want to come also within the budget, the ambition is to get a descent squad and until season starts and all players are signed talk of lacking of ambition is premature, you obviously have no faith in Warnock judgement in signing players? :old:

warnock admits in his book hes never had a good judgement on signing strikers.
personally think zohore, saadi and lambert are better strikers and their record proves it.
pilkington, noone, kads, hoilett are better wingers in my opinion

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Lambert !!!! he can't even get himself fit ? professional sportsman, My arse, sat on bench collecting a healthy wedge and when called upon his back goes.... should have been sacked, lazy over priced tw*t.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Double G wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

warnock admits in his book hes never had a good judgement on signing strikers.
personally think zohore, saadi and lambert are better strikers and their record proves it.
pilkington, noone, kads, hoilett are better wingers in my opinion

Saadi is not staying Lambert is finished not that he ever started for us! Noone ect ect are wingers ward is not so how can you compare? Like i said NW building a squad and above mentioned players are obviously not in his plans in his opinion which tbh i prefer to people's on here. :thumbup:

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 pm

1.6 mil plus add-ons seems a bit steep. Having said that Warnock knows what he's getting, this is a far cry from the Velikonia, Le Fondre and absurd Cornelius days... A center midfielder and I'll be buzzing! #inWarnockwetrust

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:1.6 mil plus add-ons seems a bit steep. Having said that Warnock knows what he's getting, this is a far cry from the Velikonia, Le Fondre and absurd Cornelius days... A center midfielder and I'll be buzzing! #inWarnockwetrust

The 50% sell-on clause for Huddersfield must have raised the price, and there's add-ons in there as well.
It looks like Neil has done a fair deal for Rotherham too!

Rotherham United striker Danny Ward has agreed a deal to join Cardiff City worth £1.6m plus add-ons.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the deal was signed on Tuesday afternoon and the Championship club will confirm the signing of the 25-year old on Wednesday morning.

Ward's contract at Rotherham was due to expire this summer but the Millers exercised a clause in his contract that extended his deal for a further 12 months.

Huddersfield Town will be entitled to 50 per cent of the fee as part of a sell-on clause.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 pm

1.6 ! Very steep imo but classic City paying over the odds.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

No reports of a 1.6 so don't know why people are jumping the boat.