Emyr Huws

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Emyr Huws

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:36 pm

I really think Emyr Huws deserves a chance. He looked very creative whilst out on loan with Ispwich Town, and I think he could become a huge part of our team. Could he take Whittingham's vacated spot? Does he have that creativity level? I've always thought Emyr Huws was a decent holding midfielder, he could do a decent job wit Aron Gunnarsson there, but my personal opinion is that we still need to find ourselves an attacking midfielder, who has plenty of energy to push us forward.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... m-13213225
MarshfieldIsBlue

Emyr Huws

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Emyr Huws

Postby Igovernor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 pm

I think you will find that he is an attacking midfielder, that is where he played for Ipswitch
Igovernor

Postby pengamblue » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 pm

up to huws to take his chance when it comes im sure neil will have a word with him :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
pengamblue

Postby Jules » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 am

Hope he gets a good run of games and he not singled out as the club scapegoat. Think theres something there and NW and Blackwell are the men to get it out of him
C'mon lad if you get the chance GRAB IT !!! :bluescarf:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 am

He is a decent player and I think NW will give him a chance.. he did very well at Ipswich and it would be a shame to lose hom to another club. However I think we need someone else in there... someone with a trick, a pass and a spark who can change a game.. that's what we lack in the centre of midfield at the moment. With that I think our wingers will also perform better as they will get more of the ball... big year for Kadeem and Hoilet - I think the more they get the ball the better they will get, especially as I believe they will be playing as wingers/forwards in a front three, rather than wingers in a 442.
AfricanBluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:30 am

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I really think Emyr Huws deserves a chance. He looked very creative whilst out on loan with Ispwich Town, and I think he could become a huge part of our team. Could he take Whittingham's vacated spot? Does he have that creativity level? I've always thought Emyr Huws was a decent holding midfielder, he could do a decent job wit Aron Gunnarsson there, but my personal opinion is that we still need to find ourselves an attacking midfielder, who has plenty of energy to push us forward.

Whitts role was a sub under Warnocks game plan, often with Halford ahead of him.

A front three of Zohore,Holiett and Harris barely set the world alight, why should they this season ?

Help for Kenny and a 442 wingers role for Holiett & harris is the way forward IMO
llan bluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 pm

dont see him with us next season. and if another championship side doesnt come in for him / come close to matching his wages. i can see him joining up with either Patrick Viera or Mark Allen both of whom rated Huws highly ant Man City.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm

I don't see him as a holding player, if he wanted a light weight player to sit in the middle he would have made more of an effort to keep Whitts.

I think he wants a few strong players in the middle who have energy to get about and then using the likes of Hoilett, Harris, Laing, Ward in the attacking positions giving pace and hopefully more goals.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I really think Emyr Huws deserves a chance. He looked very creative whilst out on loan with Ispwich Town, and I think he could become a huge part of our team. Could he take Whittingham's vacated spot? Does he have that creativity level? I've always thought Emyr Huws was a decent holding midfielder, he could do a decent job wit Aron Gunnarsson there, but my personal opinion is that we still need to find ourselves an attacking midfielder, who has plenty of energy to push us forward.

Looks like Walesonline made your mind up for you, fella! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Sven wrote:

;) Good point. I want Huws to do well, but I'm not sure if that is due to a belief in his ability, or just because he is Welsh. See I'm always saying we should give Declan John a chance too lol
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

;) Good point. I want Huws to do well, but I'm not sure if that is due to a belief in his ability, or just because he is Welsh. See I'm always saying we should give Declan John a chance too lol

i always want welsh players to do well here but sometimes it just doesnt work out.
dogfound

Postby Lengee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28 pm

I would like to see him given a chance at City. He is still quite young and it seems some good judges have rated him. Given a clear injury free run he could be a gem for City. :thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:35 pm

I think he defo warrants a chance at Cardiff City. He has shown he has some talent, so here's to hoping he can make a really good addition. He has only started twice for us I believe, so he is practically a new player.

He did say he would like to make his move to Ipswich Town permanent though, and I'm not sure why he said that to the Anglian Media. But regardless of all that, I'd sooner have him than Gregg Halford, etc. We would be foolish not to give him an opportunity.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Return to General Chat