Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DANNY WARD AGREES TO SIGN FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Updated

Cardiff City agree £1.6mill for striker

Rotherham United striker Danny Ward has agreed a deal to join Cardiff City worth £1.6m plus add-ons.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the deal was signed on Tuesday afternoon and the Championship club will confirm the signing of the 25-year old on Wednesday morning.

Ward's contract at Rotherham was due to expire this summer but the Millers exercised a clause in his contract that extended his deal for a further 12 months.

Huddersfield Town will be entitled to 50 per cent of the fee as part of a sell-on clause.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " DANNY WARD AGREES TO SIGN FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Sky reporting deal done and to be announced Wednesday morning fee 1.6 million.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:33 am

Welcome to Cardiff Danny :ayatollah: (if true) like to see them holding the shirt first usually.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 am

Good signing things shaping up nicely.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 am

Time will tell if this will be an inspirational signing by Warnock or not,but I can't help thinking that this signing once again demonstrates a lack of ambition by the people who run our club and I am sure a fair number of my fellow supporters share my concern but let's give Ward time to settle in and hopefully score goals,the interesting thing for me is how Warnock fits him in with our current system, I personally hope our manager goes for two up front but like I said time will tell

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good signing things shaping up nicely.

Tony, Neil Warnock obviously rates/trusts the guy from their days together in sunny Rotherham, so I'll go with that and welcome Danny Ward to Cardiff City FC :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:17 am

My only issue is that Neil played Leon Best ahead of Ward for long periods leaving Ward benched.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 am

Happy with this signing. I think he'll score atleast 10 goals with Zohore putting away 20 +.
Hoilett will hopefully sit behind Zohore and bang a few in as well.

There seems to be a 50 / 50 divide with these signing but I think the players we've signed so far are positive ones.
One to the new season! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 am

MalkyandBlueIN wrote:My only issue is that Neil played Leon Best ahead of Ward for long periods leaving Ward benched.

Horses for courses?? :?

Leon Best a decent player but maybe Neil Warnock sees where Danny Ward will fit into a system alongside the players he has at his disposal? :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 am

angelis1949 wrote:Time will tell if this will be an inspirational signing by Warnock or not,but I can't help thinking that this signing once again demonstrates a lack of ambition by the people who run our club and I am sure a fair number of my fellow supporters share my concern but let's give Ward time to settle in and hopefully score goals,the interesting thing for me is how Warnock fits him in with our current system, I personally hope our manager goes for two up front but like I said time will tell

For you (taking into account our massive debts)... What would show ambition?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 am

nubbsy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Time will tell if this will be an inspirational signing by Warnock or not,but I can't help thinking that this signing once again demonstrates a lack of ambition by the people who run our club and I am sure a fair number of my fellow supporters share my concern but let's give Ward time to settle in and hopefully score goals,the interesting thing for me is how Warnock fits him in with our current system, I personally hope our manager goes for two up front but like I said time will tell

I'm not denying for a moment that our club,like many other clubs are in debt,but once again I would remind you Warnock talked about only needing 6 million pounds to put together a team capable of challenging for a play-off spot,my argument is does Warnock indeed have that amount of money to invest in improving our current squad or has Tan refused to further invest in our club,if Warnock do indeed have a war chest I fully expect one or two quality signings to be made

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am

Good signing, Still think we will be seeing more of Zohore/Pilkington or Zohore/Hoilett up top like we had towards the end of the season with Danny Ward being more than adequate back up.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Updated

Cardiff City agree £1.6mill for striker

Rotherham United striker Danny Ward has agreed a deal to join Cardiff City worth £1.6m plus add-ons.

Sky Sports News HQ understands the deal was signed on Tuesday afternoon and the Championship club will confirm the signing of the 25-year old on Wednesday morning.

Ward's contract at Rotherham was due to expire this summer but the Millers exercised a clause in his contract that extended his deal for a further 12 months.

Huddersfield Town will be entitled to 50 per cent of the fee as part of a sell-on clause.

Good addition hopefully :bluebird:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:21 am

Its no longer Wednesday morning, So techincally sky sports sources are useless. No even sky has people ITK!
:lol:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I'm not denying for a moment that our club,like many other clubs are in debt,but once again I would remind you Warnock talked about only needing 6 million pounds to put together a team capable of challenging for a play-off spot,my argument is does Warnock indeed have that amount of money to invest in improving our current squad or has Tan refused to further invest in our club,if Warnock do indeed have a war chest I fully expect one or two quality signings to be made

That £6m would include wages for players. Remember that paying a player £10k a week is half a million pounds a year - that soon eats into a budget.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

That £6m would include wages for players. Remember that paying a player £10k a week is half a million pounds a year - that soon eats into a budget.

does it?
if so its not 6m at all because players leaving will cover the new recruits wages.we are all ready paying that money,just to different people.

eg..Amos and McGregors wages although loans would id imagine dwarf their replacements wages .

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

does it?
if so its not 6m at all because players leaving will cover the new recruits wages.we are all ready paying that money,just to different people.

eg..Amos and McGregors wages although loans would id imagine dwarf their replacements wages .

Not to mention Whitts and Noone who will also be on previously agreed Prem type contracts. Then there is Rickie Lambert who we know is on big money (around £1.5m per year) but we may be able to shift even if we end up paying a proportion of his wages for a while. If Pilkington goes that would also be a decent chunk to re-invest both wages and fee wise.

Other unknown gains would be LeFondre and Adyemi (who I wouldn't be surprised if we were paying some of their wages, whilst on loan).

When you take all of that into account you can see why Warnock was pretty positive who could do something with that type of budget which, with all these savings too, would be closer to £10m.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:27 pm

The adds on take it up to only 1.8 million for those who are interested in how far the adds on are.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Still no announcement of a contract.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Is this deal on or not?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:Is this deal on or not?

Good Question :?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 am

wonder if it anything to do with the % to Huddersfield ? seems to be dragging on or is he on holiday ? perhaps we are getting Gallagher as well and having a marquee news conference :D

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:33 am

Jules wrote:wonder if it anything to do with the % to Huddersfield ? seems to be dragging on or is he on holiday ? perhaps we are getting Gallagher as well and having a marquee news conference :D

Nah, We're waiting on Ronaldos decision :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:25 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Jules wrote:wonder if it anything to do with the % to Huddersfield ? seems to be dragging on or is he on holiday ? perhaps we are getting Gallagher as well and having a marquee news conference :D

Could be, I heard he bought Lisvane when he was over the other day :D

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

:lol:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Wonder if Warnock is having second thoughts not that Camara contract has been terminated.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm

It's just been announced it's official

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Wonder if Warnock is having second thoughts not that Camara contract has been terminated.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185564

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 pm

' OFFICIAL '
CARDIFF CITY MAKE 5TH NEW SIGNING A STRIKER
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185564
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185564 :thumbright: :thumbright: