Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" UNEXPECTED £16M WINDFALL FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:27 pm

This is what I've heard regarding the Sky money that Cardiff City get.

For last season and this coming season, we received a total of £18mill overall. That has been reported a lot.

But we have also received an EXTRA £16m on top of that.

That's £34mill but in total from these payments.

A lot of people say we can't afford to spend money, but this shows there is money to spend if we are serious about a promotion push.

Warnock has been given £8m to spend over the season, this includes transfer fees and wages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " UNEXPECTED £16M WINDFALL FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:This is what I've heard regarding the Sky money that Cardiff City get.

For last season and this coming season, we received a total of £18mill overall. That has been reported a lot.

But we have also received an EXTRA £16m on top of that.

That's £34mill but in total from these payments.

A lot of people say we can't afford to spend money, but this shows there is money to spend if we are serious about a promotion push.

Warnock has been given £8m to spend over the season, this includes transfer fees and wages.

Ned That's exactly what I was told this week, fantastic news for City :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Is this because of the new Sky TV deal and parachute payments increasing? We were unusual in that the payments covered 4 years instead of 2 so the TV deals would have overlapped. I have no idea if this is why we are receiving an extra £16m or even if we are receiving it at all but if we are then this is the only reason I can think of.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Where did you hear this?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

hopefully we will start spending some of that soon and get some real quality in to supplement the squad

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Nemo wrote:Where did you hear this?

Here's one link (that Google is a wonderful thing! LOL :laughing6: )

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... tgalleries

Cardiff City to receive £16,298,146 in 2017/18

Premier League parachute payments: How much did your team earn from relegation?
By Ben Pringle

THE PREMIER LEAGUE has announced the parachute payments to relegated teams at the end of the 2016/17 season, but how much has your team earned after slipping out of the top flight?

Express Sport runs through the Premier League payments received by relegated clubs over the last four seasons

*SEE SLIDESHOW (in link above)

Premier League parachute payments after relegation:

Cardiff City
Fulham
Reading
Wigan Athletic
Queens Park Rangers
Aston Villa

Teams that were relegated during the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons each received a payment of £16.3m, made up of overseas TV revenue and an equal share of the domestic pot.

Meanwhile, clubs that went down last year were handed a much bigger slice of money for their first year in the Championship.

Queens Park Rangers are an anomaly, having gone down twice in the past four years, while Hull City and Burnley were relegated in 2014/15 but spent the 2016/17 season back in the Premier League and therefore did not receive payment.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't agree with just splashing the cash with it, using that money for signings would just put us back in the position we were the last few years living within our means. Lets use that money to make us more stable and try to live within our means.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Someone who never bullshits with stuff like this.

I don't post these sorts of things often, only other time was when I revealed Solskjaer was going to be appointed and he would sign Kenwyne Jones.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:37 pm

This isn't anything new, this has been common knowledge for over a month.
But it's technically parachute payments. So we won't receive the first lot till near the end of the season

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't agree with just splashing the cash with it, using that money for signings would just put us back in the position we were the last few years living within our means. Lets use that money to make us more stable and try to live within our means.

This will make just a small dent in the outstanding debt. I would be surprised if much, or any of it is made available for players. Tan has said he intends making this club debt free. That will be difficult enough without splashing out on players and their wages. I doubt if this money is a big shock to those running the club, and has probably already been taken into account.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Reza wrote:hopefully we will start spending some of that soon and get some real quality in to supplement the squad

Don't hold your breath!

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

We run at a loss like most football clubs, to suggest lets go and spend it seems madness ,we need to run more sustainably

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:52 pm

The money has enabled Tan and his committee to back Neil Warnock and give Warnock what he asked for :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

All I can say We City fans have an exciting season ahead to look forward to :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The money has enabled Tan and his committee to back Neil Warnock and give Warnock what he asked for :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

All I can say We City fans have an exciting season ahead to look forward to :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope so i can see warnock bringing a couple of gems to get us out of this division

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The money has enabled Tan and his committee to back Neil Warnock and give Warnock what he asked for :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I hope so i can see warnock bringing a couple of gems to get us out of this division

Wez, I actually see the same happening :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Time to have a punt on City going up.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Surely our aim is to stay at least where we are and decrease the debt? We tried shit or bust before and it causes nothing but misery.
I don't see that Warnock needs that much to push on.
I'm much happier than I was a few years ago! :bluebird:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Investment is always needed at a football club,otherwise you go backwards.
It's how you invest.
Warnock ,Blackwell and Jepson know a player.

Ollie !,,,

Omg

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Someone who never bullshits with stuff like this.

I don't post these sorts of things often, only other time was when I revealed Solskjaer was going to be appointed and he would sign Kenwyne Jones.

Your " source" may or may not be a bullshitter or an attention seeker, but what official source does the information he relayed to you come from?

Has it come from figures published by the EFL? Their figures refer only to the £16m you quote relating to last season.Next season the figure may be similar but can't be calculated accurately until the end of the season.

Are you sure your source hasn't just added up two years worth of payments due and assumed it all relates to one season? Maybe check with him so he can clarify what he is basing his claim on.

As for the claimed £8m of funds available to Neil Warnock, the only people who would know such a figure would be NW himself, the club board members and one or two of the senior internal financial team. I don't believe that any of those individuals would have leaked a figure.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Jock wrote:Time to have a punt on City going up.

;) :thumbup:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Better to have a punt than put your bollocks on it! I think we should not be spending every penny as it just brings added pressure on us to make good. Warnock does not need to spend big anyway he knows what he needs and wont break the bank to get it.

In Warnock we trust! :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 am

I can't help feel this is a load of nonsense to be fair, but common sense was never a welcome trait on here :D

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

SnackaJack wrote:I can't help feel this is a load ignored nonsense to be fair, but common sense was never a welcome trait on here :D

you can always go off to planet swamp :thumbup:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:18 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
you can always feck off to planet swamp :thumbup:

Sense is something that should be spread on a multitude of forums my friend.

Why would you want to get into a bubble of delusion regarding matters like this? Makes no sense to me. Not one person has questioned the validity of this clearly dubious information and just decided to get all giddy - apart from Keith Morgan (very telling that) who breaks down the clubs accounts and I believe works or certainly has in the past worked for the club on financial matters.

It just clearly isn't true. If money has been received to the tune of an extra £16m it most certainly wont be unexpected and everything will have been planned for knowing this and costed accordingly.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:01 pm

For the first time ever I find myself agreeing with the lurker.

There's no way an 'extra' £16m is being given to us.
We'll get the normal parachute payment and our usual extra income.
Just about enough to break even.

Warnock doesn't need it anyway.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Lawnmower wrote:For the first time ever I find myself agreeing with the lurker.

There's no way an 'extra' £16m is being given to us.
We'll get the normal parachute payment and our usual extra income.
Just about enough to break even.

Warnock doesn't need it anyway.

First time ever? People love saying that. Be funny if it was true.

How can you not always agree with common sense. :roll:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 pm

If people stopped responding to the caravan dwelling prick he would soon scuttle back into his swamp.

Cardiff lads should take a long hard look at themselves speaking to a stinking jack on a City forum.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:38 pm

The nations Capitol wrote:If people stopped responding to the caravan dwelling prick he would soon scuttle back into his swamp.

Cardiff lads should take a long hard look at themselves speaking to a stinking jack on a City forum.

What flavour sauce would you like for that great chip on your shoulder?

I'm sure you can buy both with your fantasy £16m. :lol:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm

If people stopped responding to the caravan dwelling prick he would soon scuttle back into his swamp.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:53 pm

It's all well and good for some people to post on topics like this "just ignore the Jack".

But by posting that, you're just pushing the topic further up the forum when it's not about the intended subject. If you really want people to ignore him, then just ignore him...

Let the topic then fall down and others will stop making comments as well.

As far as I can see, he hadn't said anything "wrong" on this particular topic?