Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does July 1st signal a clearout?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:03 pm

I think it s obvious that before we bring in many more there are a few that need to go...

Declan John
Connolly may go if its true Neil is looking at others and dependant on Manga
Huws i think will go to Ipswich
O keefe
Fred
Lambert.. although we may take a hit on him
Pilks
Noone

Then bring another Striker plus Ward
2 c .mid... a dog and someone to create
and another winger

Paterson is not going to be ready til Oct apparently
Maindez laing and etheridge are squad players
Camp will be first choice

Neil warnock now needs to clearout the deadwood that are not in his plans and get the four quality players in he said he wanted to start the season with....i think its going to be a tough campaign ahead

just my opinion :bluescarf:

Re: Does July 1st signal a clearout?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:25 pm

It'll only be clearout for players out of contract.
100% agree with your list though. We might find it tricky to get rid of some quick I fear.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Mendez-Laing may quickly become a first team regular. I really like what (little) I've seen but have a friend who is a Rochdale fan who was forever banging on about him last season.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am

Agree Mendez-Laing seems to have something about him but off the list I'd keep Connolly, O'Keefe and Huws.
As for the others I think we'll end up taking a hit on all of them but hopefully that is the end of the CCFC gravy train. Not blaming any particular manager but has anyone got a rough costing of players bought since say the end of Dave Jones reign ?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Jules wrote:Agree Mendez-Laing seems to have something about him but off the list I'd keep Connolly, O'Keefe and Huws.
As for the others I think we'll end up taking a hit on all of them but hopefully that is the end of the CCFC gravy train. Not blaming any particular manager but has anyone got a rough costing of players bought since say the end of Dave Jones reign ?

Jules, O'Keefe will be on his proverbial bike, as he and Neil Warnock are not compatible following a 'spat' at Crystal Place that Warnock won't forget!

Connolly and Huws could be a different matter, as we know Connolly is the type of versatile squad player that Warnock likes and Emyr Huws had glowing reports of his play and attitude from Mick McCarthy (a close friend of Warnock)

I also agree with 'deadmancat' that Mendez-Laing might well surprise a few people with his level of performance and I think Warnock has found a gem there! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:19 pm

He'll keep Connolly as he has praised him, and he can play anywhere along the back line. Huws and O'Keefe will go though, Huws doesn't fit the usual template he goes for and SOK got criticised by NW after the Brentford game.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 am

dadmancat wrote:It'll only be clearout for players out of contract.
100% agree with your list though. We might find it tricky to get rid of some quick I fear.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Mendez-Laing may quickly become a first team regular. I really like what (little) I've seen but have a friend who is a Rochdale fan who was forever banging on about him last season.

My mate plays RL and trains with Rochdale occasionally. He said he was very very quick and strong. :thumbright:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:05 am

Sven wrote:
Jules wrote:Agree Mendez-Laing seems to have something about him but off the list I'd keep Connolly, O'Keefe and Huws.

Jules, O'Keefe will be on his proverbial bike, as he and Neil Warnock are not compatible following a 'spat' at Crystal Place that Warnock won't forget!

Connolly and Huws could be a different matter, as we know Connolly is the type of versatile squad player that Warnock likes and Emyr Huws had glowing reports of his play and attitude from Mick McCarthy (a close friend of Warnock)

I also agree with 'deadmancat' that Mendez-Laing might well surprise a few people with his level of performance and I think Warnock has found a gem there! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Have to agree with all of that Chris.
:thumbup: