Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " Kenneth Zohore injured "

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:47 pm

' UPDATED ' 22/06/17

Cardiff City have been handed an injury scare after striker Kenneth Zohore fell to the ground clutching his knee after playing for Denmark Under-21s in an Under-21 European Championship group stage match against Germany.

However, one Danish source has said there are no concerns in the Danish camp about Zohore's fitness ahead of their final group games against Czech Republic on Saturday :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

21/06/17

Looks like it could be a bad one, knee injury. Hopefully we get news tomorrow

Kenneth Xohore was on international duty for Denmark and went of injured in the 93rd minute with a knee injury.

Re: Zohore injured

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 pm

I forgot to add it happened in the 93rd min

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Ffs

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Was he carried off ?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:59 am

I'm no physio but if it was around the knee and he wasn't stretchered off, it won't be too bad

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 am

He hobbled off but looked in a lot of pain.
The problem was the fact it was his knee.
Hopefully we hear more today

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 am

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let him walk off if it was his knee. Mind you, I'm no expert , just my opinion

Re: " Kenneth Zohore injured "

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 am

Well they did.
It was 100% his knee. You could see him holding it.
Fingers crossed it wasn't too serious.

I think the reason he walked off was mainly due to the time. It was the last kick off the game.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to come across as disbelieveing you, just saying that possibly not serious if he walked off unaided. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. Fingers crossed

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 am

Hopefully he banged it rather than a twist.
Did u see what caused it?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Hopefully he banged it rather than a twist.

he took a shot edge of the box, side on. player slide in to stop the shot.
Not 100% sure if it was a bang on his knee from the slide, or if he got tangled up. or even if there was connection. It was hard to say.

im hoping like the above have said, it was something of nothing. But his face was the worry.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Hopefully he banged it rather than a twist.

It was done just as he shot at goal from outside the box. He didn't catch the ball well and there wasn't a lot of power in the shot so it's possible that he caught his studs in the ground. I couldn't believe it! I was praying that he would come through uninjured especially as I well remember watching Manga do the same thing in injury time while playing for Gabon. There were just a few seconds to go in both games FFS!!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Looks like it could be a bad one, knee injury. Hopefully we get news tomorrow

Kenneth Xohore was on international duty for Denmark and went of injured in the 93rd minute with a knee injury.

If it is a serious injury that may prevent him playing for a considerable time,I fully expect Warnock to bring in a quality replacement asap

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm a bit confused as there is no mention of Kenneth Zohore's injury in any of the Match Reports or in a search of other possibilities and no mention by Rydogs to date makes it even more likely that this is something and nothing!

Hopefully, it may just be that he was caught by the opposing player and (with no time left in the game) he had no time to run it off or receive proper on-field treatment

It'll all come out in the wash and we'll too know if it was something or nothing! ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

i just found this online.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/c.c.f.c ... 4494268723

have a look. See what you think guys
:ayatollah:

hope its nothing serious.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Sorry. Can't open from work. What's the gist of it?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm

will this link work?
https://www.facebook.com/sue1966/videos ... 333693047/

it's a direct link to the video.

basically as i said earlier, took a shot. ball strikes the defenders foot. Its hard to see where the injury come from. If it was a connection or just awkward landing. No idea.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Cheers mate

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Had a look online and found a post match interview with Zohore from after the game last night.. In Danish but translated it below. incase anyone fancies a read. he doesn't mention the injury and seems to be talking as if he's playing the next game for Denmark so don't think it can be serious :bluebird:

'Kenneth Zohore is in both the first two matches of the U21-EM coming in from the bench. Against Italy in the first match he did not reach the big one, but against Germany last night he signed for more solid finishes.

Zohore was probably Denmark's most dangerous player in the show, but he was not even satisfied with the 3-0 defeat.

"I'm not particularly pleased. I thought I should come in and score, thus helping the team win. But we lost and I did not score, says Zohore to bold.dk.

"I would like to prove that it was me who was going to play. But I have not scored so I have not proven very much. As an attacker, it's about scoring goals, and I have not done that yet. It's only goals that count.

Kenneth Zohore is one of the players who has been up all the way through the U system, and he was one of the leaders of the World Cup and the World Cup for the U17 national team in 2011.

Now he is facing the final match with the team when the Czech Republic is waiting for Saturday.

"It's the last game with this group, and for me it's the last U21 international match. So I want to win the last match. It may be the last time some of us play together, Zohore says.

Kenneth Zohore is listed for 60 U national matches and 25 points. '

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:19 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:Had a look online and found a post match interview with Zohore from after the game last night.. In Danish but translated it below. incase anyone fancies a read. he doesn't mention the injury and seems to be talking as if he's playing the next game for Denmark so don't think it can be serious :bluebird:

'Kenneth Zohore is in both the first two matches of the U21-EM coming in from the bench. Against Italy in the first match he did not reach the big one, but against Germany last night he signed for more solid finishes.

Zohore was probably Denmark's most dangerous player in the show, but he was not even satisfied with the 3-0 defeat.

"I'm not particularly pleased. I thought I should come in and score, thus helping the team win. But we lost and I did not score, says Zohore to bold.dk.

"I would like to prove that it was me who was going to play. But I have not scored so I have not proven very much. As an attacker, it's about scoring goals, and I have not done that yet. It's only goals that count.

Kenneth Zohore is one of the players who has been up all the way through the U system, and he was one of the leaders of the World Cup and the World Cup for the U17 national team in 2011.

Now he is facing the final match with the team when the Czech Republic is waiting for Saturday.

"It's the last game with this group, and for me it's the last U21 international match. So I want to win the last match. It may be the last time some of us play together, Zohore says.

Kenneth Zohore is listed for 60 U national matches and 25 points. '

Nice one, fella! :thumbup:

Panic over! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Wales Online quotes the same Danish article/interview:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... y-13221684

They also do their 'investigative journalist' bit with:

However, one Danish source has told WalesOnline there are no concerns in the Danish camp about Zohore's fitness ahead of their final group games against Czech Republic on Saturday.

No need to panic!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 pm

#PrayForZohore

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:08 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:#PrayForZohore

Ooooo I'm not sure about that..... I WANT to laugh but not sure if I should

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Zohore gives Cardiff City injury scare after clutching his knee on international duty with Denmark

By Chris Wathan

22/06/17

Cardiff City have been handed an injury scare after striker Kenneth Zohore fell to the ground clutching his knee after playing for Denmark Under-21s in an Under-21 European Championship group stage match against Germany.

The Bluebirds striker came on 11 minutes into the second half of the match at the Krakow Stadium but was unable to prevent his side from slipping to a 3-0 defeat, a result that ended Denmark's hopes in the competition.

Zohore attempted a shot late on as Denmark went in search of a consolation effort, with the Dane seeing his effort saved by Julian Pollersbeck at the death.

And after the block, referee Serdar Gözübüyük blew his whistle to signal the end of the match.

But just seconds after taking the shot, Zohore winced as he held his knee before falling to the ground.

It remains to be seen whether or not he had to be stretchered off the pitch at the end of the game and details of the potential injury have not yet been revealed.

However, one Danish source has said there are no concerns in the Danish camp about Zohore's fitness ahead of their final group games against Czech Republic on Saturday.

Still, it proved to be a major concern for Cardiff supporters who were understandably worried by the news that last season's top goalscorer appeared to be in such discomfort.

Despite playing for little more than 30 minutes, Zohore was praised for his efforts while his team-mates were slammed by the Danish press.

But the Cardiff striker admitted he was disappointed with his own efforts as he couldn't find the back of the net against Germany.

"I am not very satisfied," Zohore to bold.dk .

"I thought that I was going in and score, thus helping the team to win. But we lost, and I did not score.

Cardiff City Kenneth Zohore celebrates scoring the first goal against Huddersfield (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

"I would like to prove that it was me who had to play. But I have not scored, so I have not proved much. As a striker it's all about scoring goals and I have not done yet. It is the only goal that counts.

"This is the last battle with this group, and for me the last Under-21 international match. So I want to win the final game (against Czech Republic on Saturday). It may be the last time some of us play together."

The 23-year-old - who netted 12 times for the Bluebirds during the 2016-17 campaign - is eligible to play for Denmark's Under-21 side by virtue of being 21 when the qualifying campaign for the tournament in Poland got underway.