Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

nathaniel chalobah. Only an opinion

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 am

Anyone think it's worth looking at this lad, still young good midfielder always wants the ball.

Only has 1 year left on his contract so could put a bid in for him or even a season long loan and then try get him on a free the season after.

Still got bags of potential and I think an old head like Warnock could make him into some player.

What do you think??

Re: nathaniel chalobah. Only an opinion

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 am

Very good shout! Has all the ability in the world and physical enough for the champ. Chelsea may have given up on him and they have huge amounts of talent comming through so maybe willing to sell with a sellon/buyback arrangement. Agree NW would be the prefect manager for him!

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:39 am

Absolutely no chance of getting him as he's still highly rated, can see him being loaned to a low league Prem club or top end Champ club.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/819825/Chelsea-News-Nathaniel-Chalobah-Euro-2017-England-Under-21s

To be offered a new contract after U21 euros so this is a no go.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Wolfpac wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/819825/Chelsea-News-Nathaniel-Chalobah-Euro-2017-England-Under-21s

Shame really! He is highly rated but at 22 he hasn't had a look in at Chelsea and hasn't had a real solid spell out on loan besides with Watford a few years back.

A season long loan would still be an option

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Wolfpac wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/819825/Chelsea-News-Nathaniel-Chalobah-Euro-2017-England-Under-21s

Just because he's signing a contract it doesn't mean he won't go out on loan.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm

I think he's a cracking young player and would be great in the championship. Was thinking the same thing myself the other night when I was watching England u21s match. Would love to have him here. Great shout

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Would be a great loan if we could get him,ray Wilkins was comparing him to bakayoko and he knows Chelsea well

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Baker I was thinking!
Where is Murphy playing ?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:17 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Baker I was thinking!

I watched the game last night.
Murphy is at Norwich I believe. Baker looks very good but he's with Chelsea but been out on loan for a couple of years.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Absolutely no chance! He started breaking into the Chelsea first team squad last season!

John Bostock would be a more realistic option. Warnock made him Crystal Palaces youngest ever player before he got poached by Tottenham, who ruined him. He's got his career back on track and got the Ligue 2 player of the year this season, playing for Lens. He's also left footed and takes all the set pieces and penalties, so he would be a perfect replacement for Whittingham. The fact the player has shown the character to regroup from being released by Spurs and rebuild his career makes him a very attractive player to target imo, he seems the correct type of character to bring in.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Absolutely no chance! He started breaking into the Chelsea first team squad last season!

John Bostock would be a more realistic option. Warnock made him Crystal Palaces youngest ever player before he got poached by Tottenham, who ruined him. He's got his career back on track and got the Ligue 2 player of the year this season, playing for Lens. He's also left footed and takes all the set pieces and penalties, so he would be a perfect replacement for Whittingham. The fact the player has shown the character to regroup from being released by Spurs and rebuild his career makes him a very attractive player to target imo, he seems the correct type of character to bring in.

That's a good shout. I know a little about this player but I think he'll have bigger fish to fry than Cardiff City.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:32 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Baker I was thinking!

I watched the game last night.
Murphy is at Norwich I believe. Baker looks very good but he's with Chelsea but been out on loan for a couple of years.

Thought he was at Nowrich but I wasn't sure if he'd moved on.
Baker loan would be brilliant business. :bluescarf: