Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Winger Liam Feeney to Cardiff City? '

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Blackburn Rovers Winger Liam Feeney Linked with a move to Cardiff City
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Liam Feeney?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm

I did see they usually spot on

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Yes they are usually spot on, I am assuming this is the tweet and account you are referring to?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:45 pm

We were linked to him in January when we also lost out on Hayes

Cardiff City have bid for winger Liam Feeney rejected by Blackburn Rovers — reports

Cardiff City have reportedly had an offer for Blackburn Rovers winger Liam Feeney turned down.

The 30-year-old has featured 24 times for Owen Coyle's struggling Championship outfit this season, scoring twice.

Feeney has previously enjoyed stints with Ipswich, Bolton, Bournemouth and Millwall. Cardiff's reported interest comes after they failed in efforts to sign Aberdeen's Jonny Hayes.

Journalist Nick Mashiter reports the bid has been rejected and it remains to be seen whether the Bluebirds pursue their efforts to sign Feeney.

The Englishman's only goals this season have come in cup competitions, scoring against Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup 3rd round and in the Checkatrade Trophy. He was not in the matchday squad of 18 for Rovers' 2-0 4th round victory over Blackpool on Saturday.

Neil Warnock is keen to add pace and creativity to Cardiff's attack, with a new striker unlikely to arrive in the next 48 hours.

The transfer window slams shut on Tuesday night (January 31) at 11pm.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:26 am

I'd much prefer us to bid on Jonny Williams more than this guy only risk is being if he can stay fit for 35/46 games of season!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:17 am

Monkey86 wrote:I'd much prefer us to bid on Jonny Williams more than this guy only risk is being if he can stay fit for 35/46 games of season!

Johnny Williams has some inherrent knee issues. Which is a) why he's injured all the time and B) why many clubs won't sign him.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 am

I'm all in favour of us signing up and coming, hungry youngsters from lower league teams.

Not so happy about signing ageing players from teams who were relegated last season.

We've resembled a retirement home too often in the last few years.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

Blackburn fans are loving this news on twitter!

Not one positive comment about him, they are all saying that he's fast but has nothing else, they all want him gone.

They are in complete shock that we have let them have whitts and that we are interested in feeney.

By the reaction of the fans he don't seem anything to shout about.

Although I will always back NW in the transfer market

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:50 am

On January 29th 2017

Cardiff City have reportedly had an offer for Blackburn Rovers winger Liam Feeney turned down.

The 30-year-old has featured 24 times for Owen Coyle's struggling Championship outfit this season, scoring twice.

Feeney has previously enjoyed stints with Ipswich, Bolton, Bournemouth and Millwall. Cardiff's reported interest comes after they failed in efforts to sign Aberdeen's Jonny Hayes.

Journalist Nick Mashiter reports the bid has been rejected and it remains to be seen whether the Bluebirds pursue their efforts to sign Feeney.

Re: ' Winger Liam Feeney to Cardiff City? '

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Surprised if we are going for a winger, id have thought we have enough options especially as we haven't got rid of Noone and Pilks yet.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Noooooooooooooooo, please let this be a rumour.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:13 pm

This guy is complete cack. I've seen him play a fair few times. I'd be surprised if Warnock wanted him, he's injured a lot & is definitely no better than any winger we have. I'd be gutted if we got him.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Not the greatest signing, if he joins.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 pm

He is crap. Very positive about the upcoming season, but signing Feeney would be poor.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 pm

JakeBluebird wrote:Blackburn fans are loving this news on twitter!

Not one positive comment about him, they are all saying that he's fast but has nothing else, they all want him gone.

They are in complete shock that we have let them have whitts and that we are interested in feeney.

By the reaction of the fans he don't seem anything to shout about.

Although I will always back NW in the transfer market

well we have signed 2 Rotherham players..at least Blackburn were not bottom.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:39 am

We've signed Rotherham's top scorer in a very poor team and a keeper who didn't play most of the season due to injury.
We don't need another winger who doesn't get goals.
Our priority now must be a creative midfielder who dominates and also takes set-pieces.
We'll seriously miss Whitts' assists otherwise.
I'd still go for Adam, but there may well be another Mooy playing reserve football for a Premier team.
Norwich have got two players like that. How they can accommodate Hoolahan and Pritchard I don't know.