' UPDATE ON KENNETH ZOHORE'S KNEE '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore gives an update on his knee injury
By Brian Mitchelmore

Friday 25th June 2017

He gave fans a huge scare when he went down clutching his knee while on international duty

Cardiff City striker has confirmed that he is suffering from a knee problem, although he still expects to start for Denmark in their Under-21 European Championship dead rubber against Czech Republic on Saturday.

The Danes slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Germany on Wednesday, a result that ended their interest in the competition after they had been beaten 2-0 by Italy in their opening group encounter.

Zohore came off the bench shortly after the restart in the game against Germany and proved a lively threat, although he was unable to prevent his side from being beaten.

And he handed the Bluebirds a major scare when he fell to the ground clutching his knee after the match.

The striker has since confirmed that he is suffering a knee problem, although he is hoping he will be selected to start for Denmark in their final match of the Poland tournament this weekend.

"I have come through, and I have a lot of energy, I would like to burn off in the last game before we go home," the striker told fyens.dk .

"I will give everything, and so it does not matter if I have a little pain in the knee afterwards."

The forward had to settle for a place on the bench in both of his side's games so far, with Denmark's Under-21 coach Niels Frederiksen opting to start Marcus Ingvartsen up front.

But the Cardiff man - eligible to play for Denmark's Under-21 side by virtue of being 21 when the qualifying campaign for the tournament in Poland got underway - admits he hopes his performance against the Germans warrants a starting place in his side's final group game.

"I've been praised for my performance against Germany, where I came in and made a difference, although I did not score," added the striker, who will have a two week holiday before linking up with the Cardiff squad ahead of their pre-season campaign.

"I am very critical of myself if I do not score, but there was a lot offensively when I came in."
Attachments
Zohore.jpg
Zohore.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATE ON KENNETH ZOHORE'S KNEE

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:24 pm

He'd be better resting it up

I'm sure Warnock has told him the same

We pay his wages after all
NIBluebird

Re: UPDATE ON KENNETH ZOHORE'S KNEE

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 pm

If he is in pain and plays he could make it worse. Tell him Neil he needs to miss the dead rubber. He is vital cog for us who pay his wages
boyo1927

Re: ' UPDATE ON KENNETH ZOHORE'S KNEE '

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 pm

he needs to re think this little pain afterwards stuff.
dogfound

Re: ' UPDATE ON KENNETH ZOHORE'S KNEE '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 am

Best for him to rest, would be different if they had something to play for.

Not the first time we've had issues with Denmark over Zohore.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat