" Not even July but Cardiff City have "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Not even July yet and we have signed a player in more or less every part of the pitch (if you judge parts of the pitch as goalkeeper, defence, midfield, striker)

2 Goalkeepers - Etheridge and Camp
Defender - Paterson
Midfielder - Mendez-Laing
Striker - Ward

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184988 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK APPLAUDS CARDIFF CITY FANS :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Newcastle-United.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Newcastle-United.jpg (31.98 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Not even July but Cardiff City have "

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:55 pm

Ned, it just shows that Warnock has been planning all this for months and transfer business can and should be done early :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: Get your squad together early enough and jelled :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ned, it just shows that Warnock has been planning all this for months and transfer business can and should be done early :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: Get your squad together early enough and jelled :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Exactly how I see it Annis :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 pm

I still think we will add another striker and a midfield play maker to the squad as well
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Always Blue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ned, it just shows that Warnock has been planning all this for months and transfer business can and should be done early :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: Get your squad together early enough and jelled :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wonder how many more signings warnock wants
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:I still think we will add another striker and a midfield play maker to the squad as well

I agree Wez, I can't see this being the last of our signings.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Five in but only one out !!!!!

Waiting for the shocks, Whitts so far isn't cost neutral, far from it.

I also reckon he has what he planned, from now on its real wheeling dealing stuff. One of the big guns has to go to make way to for the next wave of new recruits. But, if we started the season today I'd be happy.

In Warnock I trust :ayatollah:
llan bluebird

Postby moonboots » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:21 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Five in but only one out !!!!!

I also reckon he has what he planned, from now on its real wheeling dealing stuff. One of the big guns has to go to make way to for the next wave of new recruits. But, if we started the season today I'd be happy.

Two keepers gone as well. Only loanees but had to be replaced. :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby Dahboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

We are needing a quality midfielder.
Dahboy

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Good point. Defo feels me with confidence when I see that he has gave it a really good think. :)
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Get it done early. Can't waste points early in the season cos they players have just met!
jimmy_rat

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:

Good point. Defo feels me with confidence when I see that he has gave it a really good think. :)

Yes and Warnock has done his homework well in advance on the players he wants, it's going to be harder for him to get rid of some.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 pm

There is one more striker to come in, Neil has said many times we need to score more goals, and we do not have enough strikers, the next striker in will cost quite a bit of money :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby lyndipops » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:There is one more striker to come in, Neil has said many times we need to score more goals, and we do not have enough strikers, the next striker in will cost quite a bit of money :thumbup:

You don't think its Frazier do you? ;)
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm

lyndipops wrote:
Igovernor wrote:There is one more striker to come in, Neil has said many times we need to score more goals, and we do not have enough strikers, the next striker in will cost quite a bit of money :thumbup:

Lyndon, I'd like to see that happen. Enjoyed having him here last time and hopefully he would be hungry to prove himself with a regular starting place :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Sven wrote:
lyndipops wrote:

Lyndon, I'd like to see that happen. Enjoyed having him here last time and hopefully he would be hungry to prove himself with a regular starting place :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I understand your sentiments but if he wanted a regular place he wouldn't have been bench warming picking up a succulent wage in recent times. Just my humble opinion of course.
Dessy1927

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Five in but only one out !!!!!

2 expensive on loan keepers have left...id imagine we are quids in on wages in that department.
ALF, Adeyemi and Ajayi left...we were paying chunks of their wages
and Whitts gone..
to date i think we have paid a substatial transfer fee.. but could well be paying less in wages on deals done so far..?
dogfound

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 am

Be good to get the new players in early for a change. As mentioned above its a good chance for them to bleed in and gel. Get some bonding time in before season starts
gwentbluebirds

Postby baz300 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:59 pm

need a couple of midfield players and another striker.

need a creative midfield player for sure :bluebird: :bluescarf:
baz300

Postby RV Casual » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:39 am

Exciting times.

I genuinely believe we already had a decent squad that had just become stale, can't get past the fact we finished 8th the season before last and 12th last year, it does beg the question what could have been achieved last season if Tan had brought the right man in when Slade left but all that is in the past now.

Defensively we have got to be up there with the best in the Division, Bamba, Morrison, Richards, Bennett, Peltier, Connolly, Halford and John with possibly Manga to stay. Obvs we will probably loose one or two of those but you always base a squad from the back and if your solid in defence your off to a good start.

I will be honest, I was one of the few who had reservations about Warnock but he seems to be building us back up and can see that the Club had become stale and needs to take on a new direction and is willing to let the likes of Noone and Whitts go as he can see the bigger picture, I applaud him for that and am seriously looking forward to next season.

Aside from Villa who I think will be strong and learned a lot from last year it looks like a very open division and a top 6 finish is more than achievable.
RV Casual

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:28 am

Surely it's not about quantity but quality and as far as the players Warnock has brought in to the club I think the jury is very much out,time will tell of course but it's a bit concerning for me
angelis1949

Postby Paul Keevil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:21 pm

This is purely speculation and figures taken from a mixture of transfermkt and FM17 (which I appreciate are not necessarily accurate):

We had a transfer fund of £8,000,000.

Neil Etheridge - Free Transfer - £1k p/w (FM17) with Walsall. Ive estimated £5k p/w us
Lee Camp - Free Transfer - £7k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £10k p/w with us
Callum Paterson - £400k development - £1k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £10k p/w with us
Mendez Laing - Free Transfer - £1k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £5k p/w with us
Whittingham - Free transfer - £20k p/w (FM17) last season freed up
Ward - £1.5m - Ive estimated £10k p/w with us

I appreciate that this is pure guess work but based on the above figures transfer fees will have accrued £1.9m. Wages (including £20k p/w credit for Whitts) would come to £1,040,000

Which still leaves over £5m on the transfer budget.

Even if I am £1m out - This does indicate that there is a lot more to follow??

and even more when we take others off the payroll.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:This is purely speculation and figures taken from a mixture of transfermkt and FM17 (which I appreciate are not necessarily accurate):

We had a transfer fund of £8,000,000.

Neil Etheridge - Free Transfer - £1k p/w (FM17) with Walsall. Ive estimated £5k p/w us
Lee Camp - Free Transfer - £7k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £10k p/w with us
Callum Paterson - £400k development - £1k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £10k p/w with us
Mendez Laing - Free Transfer - £1k p/w (FM17) last season. Ive estimated £5k p/w with us
Whittingham - Free transfer - £20k p/w (FM17) last season freed up
Ward - £1.5m - Ive estimated £10k p/w with us

I appreciate that this is pure guess work but based on the above figures transfer fees will have accrued £1.9m. Wages (including £20k p/w credit for Whitts) would come to £1,040,000

Which still leaves over £5m on the transfer budget.

Even if I am £1m out - This does indicate that there is a lot more to follow??

and even more when we take others off the payroll.

I like your thinking, Paul! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat