Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City want £1,500,000 '

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 pm

? ? ?

Football Transfers‏ @FootyFL92

Cardiff City want £1,500,000 for Emyr Huws. A number championship clubs are interested including Preston, Ipswich, Bristol City and Wolves.

I would be happy to get £250,000 :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City want £1,500,000 '

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Annis I think too many city fans have judged him too soon. Just ask Ipswich town fans what he's worth, and Chris Coleman!

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:Annis I think too many city fans have judged him too soon. Just ask Ipswich town fans what he's worth, and Chris Coleman!

He did this at wigan though, was dreadful for them, acted like he didn't want to be there. Then went out on loan to Huddersfield and got player of the year.

Obviously that's just what i've been told by one of their fans, I want him to stay and prove us all wrong. Just can't see it from the performances last season, although he wasn't here for our better spell of the season.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:30 pm

nubbsy wrote:Annis I think too many city fans have judged him too soon. Just ask Ipswich town fans what he's worth, and Chris Coleman!

Jack, Yes Huws did very well at Ipswich,But do you honestly believe City want £1.5mill for player not really rated by Neil Warnock and could not get in our first team.

I still don't believe we wanted £3mill for Morrison? ?

These two type prices remind me of City saying they wanted £10mill for David Marshall and we we ended up with £2.5mill.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Jack, Yes Huws did very well at Ipswich,But do you honestly believe City want £1.5mill for player not really rated by Neil Warnock and could not get in our first team.

These two type prices remind me of City saying they wanted £10mill for David Marshall and we we ended up with £2.5mill.

Maybe not quite 1.5m, but 250k for a Welsh international?

Morrison is a highly rated championship defender Annis, warnock has made it clear he wants to keep Morrison well before the bid came in and sung his praises. we paid around 3m for him so why that figure suprised you I don't know...

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Think it'll be half that. I can't see Warnock keeping him, to be honest.
I know he did well at Ipswich, but he disappeared completely in the Forest game, when they were well beaten.
We need a midfielder with authority and experience. A set piece expert who can score goals. Blackburn have just acquired one!

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm

I think £1mil is a fair deal.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Morrison is a highly rated championship defender Annis, warnock has made it clear he wants to keep Morrison well before the bid came in and sung his praises. we paid around 3m for him so why that figure suprised you I don't know...

Jack, just my opinion but also Huddersfield and lower division Wigan both did not want him and then Warnock shipped him out.

On Morrison, prob because I am not much of a fan of his :lol:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:58 pm

1.5 million is too much considering he hasn't done anything to show he is worth 1 million let alone 1.5.. I guess you could vouch in today's market you can get that he got good age and is a Welsh international but at the same time he hasn't shown much here and hasn't had a real chance.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm

He has definetly earned the respect of Warnock Annis and he has gone out on loan and shone. He is in Chris Colemans plans and I do honestly believe he should be given a fair chance. Hopefully Warnock will now take a closer look. If we sell him I honestly think we will be making a massive mistake.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That all sounds about right from you, Annis :thumbup:

Neil Warnock knows what he wants and Emyr Huws doesn't appear to be able to fit into his plans and I read a great post on here last night as to why Gunnarsson might be in a similar position

I'd bite the hands of any team prepared to pay those figures for either Huws or Morrison; a player I actually rate but not as captain and who I think will be part of Neil Warnock's plans :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Remember, we got 3 million for Mason so 1.5 million for Huws wouldn't surprise me in today's market.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:09 pm

norms76 wrote:Remember, we got 3 million for Mason so 1.5 million for Huws wouldn't surprise me in today's market.

Norms, I still chuckle at that one! :thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jack, just my opinion but also Huddersfield and lower division Wigan both did not want him and then Warnock shipped him out.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah that's fair enough mate, there's obv a reason warnock doesnt want him. Strange that such a young player with potential had had so many clubs.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Give him a run of games and he will come good IMO.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:He has definetly earned the respect of Warnock Annis and he has gone out on loan and shone. He is in Chris Colemans plans and I do honestly believe he should be given a fair chance. Hopefully Warnock will now take a closer look. If we sell him I honestly think we will be making a massive mistake.

I agree :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah that's fair enough mate, there's obv a reason warnock doesnt want him. Strange that such a young player with potential had had so many clubs.

Apparently, he's related to Ian Woosnam and simply won't be outdone! LOL :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Our fans are judging him on two games? He has had three good seasons in a row. Huge cock up if we don't give him a chance.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 pm

I hope Warnock gives him a chance, there's definitely a quality player in him somewhere and I think if there's any one who could motivate and get the best out of him then it's Warnock. Id give him a pre season and if by the end of that Warnock still doesn't think he's going to be any use to us then look to offload him.

I also hope Kennedy is giving a fair crack in pre season, potentially both players could play a decent part this season.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm

I agree with that Jack I still think we haven't seen the best of him and would like him to be given a chance to show something at least until January window.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:55 pm

I remember coming on here and saying "give Zohore a chance" and many mocked me. Emyr Huws has done well at Manchester City Youth, Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, we have to give him a chance.

He can score from a distance.
He can pick out a pass.
He can score from free-kicks.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:04 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gRMCy38rvS8

Huws goals! Not including the strikes for Ipswich Town and Wales - where he netted againat Holland, Newcastle and Aston Villa...

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:16 pm

How much did we pay for him? We might just want our money back

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 pm

I wouldn't sell him personally.
Give the kid a chance I say

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:? ? ?

Football Transfers‏ @FootyFL92

Cardiff City want £1,500,000 for Emyr Huws. A number championship clubs are interested including Preston, Ipswich, Bristol City and Wolves.

I would be happy to get £250,000 :thumbright:

as i understand it personal terms have been agreed via Huws agent. and providing the clubs can agree a fee and a medical goes ok he will sign for them on return from abroad early next week .{ its football so until the last T is crossed anything can happen }.
regarding the price i hope it is 1.5 mill and having thought about it...why not..we paid Wigan 1m and there is interest for him elsewhere, not necessarily those three clubs mentioned either.
maybe if he had just sat around happy to pick up a wedge instead of taking that pay cut to play football we would once again be writting a check for an unwanted player..

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:41 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I remember coming on here and saying "give Zohore a chance" and many mocked me. Emyr Huws has done well at Manchester City Youth, Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, we have to give him a chance.

He can pick out a pass.

i think many people would agree..i know i do
but we are not talking about a 19 year old DVP player on peanuts here.he is on good wages and an asset that can be sold.and obviously not in the managers {who we have to trust } plans.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm

He is a poor mans Whitts.

He is a stroller, get the ball, play a simple pass, make yourself available again , play a simple pass. He is weak in the tackle and generally languid. We just let the master leave for free !!!!!!

He is a year older than Joe Ralls (24 in sept) and played half the first team games. I would take £500k with loads of add ons and a chunk of any transfer fee in case he does discover himself.

This is all about horses for course and i just don't see him in Warnocks game plan.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:06 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I remember coming on here and saying "give Zohore a chance" and many mocked me. Emyr Huws has done well at Manchester City Youth, Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, we have to give him a chance.

He can pick out a pass.

Exactly - I said the same with Zahore and got slagged off for it. Similarly I have supported giving Emyr Huws a fair crack of the whip (on another post). Emyr Huws was a player with great potential who was plagued by injury. When he had a run in the team at Ipswich he was a success. And he is still young - on the other hand I think Greg Halford is a limited player and will not get better (over 30).
Too many people on here are Too quick to judge. Life is not black and white and neither is football!
Give him a chance and then decide. If he is poor then sell. Personally if hes given a run of games I think he could be a big success next year. :bluebird: :thumbup:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Lengee wrote:

He can pick out a pass.

Exactly - I said the same with Zahore and got slagged off for it. Similarly I have supported giving Emyr Huws a fair crack of the whip (on another post). Emyr Huws was a player with great potential who was plagued by injury. When he had a run in the team at Ipswich he was a success. And he is still young - on the other hand I think Greg Halford is a limited player and will not get better (over 30).
Too many people on here are Too quick to judge. Life is not black and white and neither is football!
Give him a chance and then decide. If he is poor then sell. Personally if hes given a run of games I think he could be a big success next year. :bluebird: :thumbup:

he is 100% moving mate. if not to Ipswich somewhere else.
his agent has been talking personal terms with other clubs.. { something that doesnt happen unless we are happy to move him on.
he has sold his flat in Cardiff.