Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Championship midfielder moves to Premier League for £8m "

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:22 pm

BBC

Watford have completed the signing of midfielder Will Hughes from Derby County for £8m on a five-year deal.

Hughes has made 165 Championship appearances for the Rams.

The 22-year-old is currently on international duty with England's Under-21 squad at the European Championships in Poland and will join the Hornets squad on his return.

He is the first signing made by the Premier League club since Marco Silva was appointed manager on 27 May.

Silva succeeded Walter Mazzarri at Vicarage Road, with the Italian dismissed before the final league match of a season in which the Hornets finished 17th.

Re: " Championship midfielder moves to Premier League for £8

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm surprised he hasn't gone before. The mainstay of their side in recent times and alway looked good when we played them; although to be fair one of those times was under Paul Trollope! LOL :laughing6:

Re: " Championship midfielder moves to Premier League for £8

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Sven wrote:I'm surprised he hasn't gone before. The mainstay of their side in recent times and alway looked good when we played them; although to be fair one of those times was under Paul Trollope! LOL :laughing6:

I think he would have gone to the Premiership a couple of seasons ago but he had a bad injury. He's had a full season last season though and he's a different level. I think Watford have got a bargain for only 8 million. He will continue to improve at only 22 too.

' Derby sell Will Hughes for £4.5mill '

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Watford sign Will Hughes from Derby for £4.5mill on five-year contract
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Derby sell Will Hughes for £4.5mill '

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Deserves his chance and could be a bargain at that price and Watford just might provide him with a platform to go on to even bigger things in the future! :thumbup: :ayatollah: