2 PLAYERS AWAY FROM A PROMOTION TEAM??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:36 pm

After today's news about Bruno and Warnocks impressive early transfer business personally I think we are only 2 quality players away from a team ready to challenge for a top 6 finish.

Assuming Saadi, Noone, Fred and Lambert are moved on...I think We need another proven championship goalscorer and a box to box midfielder to make us really competitive

What does everyone think...agree or disagree??
oohahhPaulMillar

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 2 PLAYERS AWAY FROM A PROMOTION TEAM??

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I think we may also need a quality player with pace.

But I agree with you IF the next players coming in ARE of a quality better than ALL we already have.
Wayne S

Postby langstoneBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Think you can add Pilks, Huws, O'Keefe on the list to leave.

You can see the squad NW is building basically 2 quality players for each position, which to me leaves CM, No.10 as main gaps.

The good thing is the flexibility in the squad, players can adopt to a few different formations but I think the default is 4-2-3-1
langstoneBlue

Postby langstoneBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Was meant to add with the news today in Manga, wouldn't be surprised to see Morrison move on with the money invested in the no.10 and maybe a free CB comming in for cover for Bamba/Manga although we have Connolly and Pelts/Halford at a push as immediate cover.
langstoneBlue

Postby Blue_Barber » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Saadi hammering brigade the guys not even been given a fair crack and people want rid of him
Blue_Barber

Postby phildavies » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:04 pm

We need a starting CM and another striker to be competing for the top 6 IMO. We also need at least one other CM and depending on departures I wouldnt mind another pacy winger for competition. Defence and goalkeeper are sorted and I think we have one of the best squads in those areas in this league
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Saadi hammering brigade the guys not even been given a fair crack and people want rid of him

No ones hammered him in this thread I think there is just an assumption that his future is elsewhere.

From my point of view, on his wages I'd keep him here on the bench for the first month and see how it goes. He can obviously score and is high on confidence.

Come rhe end of the season we may fond Zahore and Saadi have ripped the league a new arsehole.
Wayne S

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Saadi hammering brigade the guys not even been given a fair crack and people want rid of him

No ones hammered him in this thread I think there is just an assumption that his future is elsewhere.

From my point of view, on his wages I'd keep him here on the bench for the first month and see how it goes. He can obviously score and is high on confidence.

Come rhe end of the season we may fond Zahore and Saadi have ripped the league a new arsehole.

Good point...in the very little we saw of Saadi he looked a decent player..strong..pacey and direct

Would like to see him with a full pre season under his belt...could be a surprise package
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby davids » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 pm

I think we may be a little bit away from that even with two more players.

I'm not sure that we have promotion quality at goalkeeper, full back or centre midfield at the moment or up front although we do have some good, solid Championship players in all those positions.

It'll take all of Warnock's ability to improve solid players into high performers that will be needed to mount a promotion challenge but at least we should have a much more enjoyable season this year than last when let's remember we were only mathematically safe with about four games to go.

Need to reign in expectations a bit, especially if the team takes a little time to gel at the start of the season.
davids

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 am

nobody has hammered him.
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:04 am

For me, we need a class midfielder. Someone who can control the midfield, control the pace and run the game. We need somebody who can pick a pass going forward.
If we want to go for promotion then Ralls and Gunnar are not going to hack it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 am

Might be a little simple of me to think this way, but when I look at the top 6 teams last year apart from Newcastle I can't think of too many players from the other teams i would take above what we have.
The teams comming down don't really scare me, and the teams comming up don't appear to have any major investment, I'm fairly confident we will be in the mix
langstoneBlue

Return to General Chat