Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' They will have to pay £20million for Cardiff City Striker

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Neil Warnock rubbishes Hull City's chances of landing Cardiff City goal ace Kenneth Zohore after Tigers enquiry

Hull have made contact regarding Kenneth Zohore and it is believed Warnock has said you need to offer £20million to buy Zohore.

By Chris Wathan

Thursday 6th July 2017

Hull City have asked about signing Cardiff City star Kenneth Zohore – but have been told to forget it by Neil Warnock.

And the Bluebirds boss has rubbished the chances of the Tigers changing his mind over keeping hold of his No.1 frontman.

In a move that will allay fans' fears of losing such a key figure, Warnock is adamant that not even record-breaking amounts would be enough for him to consider the club cashing in on last season's top scorer.

It is understood Hull made contact with the veteran manager to ask about Zohore's availability as the recently relegated side look to launch a bid to return to the Premier League under new boss Leonid Slutsky.

There are suggestions from Humberside that the Tigers – fresh from selling defender Harry Maguire to Leicester for £17m – have submitted a bid in the region of £6m for the 23-year-old.

And there are also claims they would be prepared to go even higher having identified Zohore as a key summer target following his breakthrough season in British football with the Bluebirds. The Denmark Under-21 international ended the last campaign with 12 goals and a fresh three-year contract having been rescued from the fringes by Warnock.

It is not clear whether a formal offer has been tabled by Hull, although sources close to the KCOM Stadium say they are determined to try and lure the Bluebirds to the negotiating table – and have been described as quietly confident of doing so.

But, for his part, Warnock is thought to have dismissed Hull's enquiry by telling Tigers officials that improving their offer to £20m – which would represent a record fee in deals between second-tier clubs – still wouldn't be enough for him to be persuaded.

Warnock made good early inroads into his summer transfer plans , landing five players including Hearts' attacking full-back Callum Paterson and £1.6m Rotherham forward Danny Ward, though has missed out on deals for Aberdeen's Jonny Hayes and Rangers winger Barrie McKay .

And despite being aware of the need to move on some members of the squad – with disappointing striker Rickie Lambert having had his contract terminated – Warnock will not want to lose someone so key to his plans for the coming campaign.

"It would have been easy to take the cheque but he is quite calm and focused and strong on what we want to do.”

It remains to be seen what kind of figure would see discussions around selling Zohore, who arrived from Odense via Belgian sister club Kortrijk in January 2016.

Zohore impressed in the recent European Under 21 championships, scoring twice in Denmark's final group game against the Czech Republic, but had stated before the tournament his admiration for Warnock and his influence on his revival, adding he was happy at Cardiff and keen to repay the Yorkshireman's faith in him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' They will have to pay £20million for Cardiff City Stri

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:15 pm

actually warnock said he wouldnt sell for 20m but im sure it wouldnt be his choice should that kinda offer ever come in

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:18 pm

If 12 months I posted KZ was worth £6m (never mind £20m) I would probably got a message board ban and loads of ridicule :lol:

Amazing how thing can change. :D

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Why not slap a big fee on like 20 mill with add ons. Definitely other clubs will start looking at him now especially if he starts scoring and his age counts too.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If 12 months I posted KZ was worth £6m (never mind £20m) I would probably got a message board ban and loads of ridicule :lol:

Id hope you still would if you genuinelly think Zahore is worth £20m ffs :lol:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:18 pm

If Hogan was worth 15 million then zohore is worth 20 million

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:If 12 months I posted KZ was worth £6m (never mind £20m) I would probably got a message board ban and loads of ridicule :lol:

He's clearly not, but as a statement of intent from warnock it's a point that he's 'not for sale'. Zohore could be next to priceless next season for us.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Is Lukaku really a £75m player.

The cash being spent is unreal and what's worse is the country and sport allow it.

It will eventually have a massive knock on effect mostly to clubs not as well known as their commercial giants it'll end up being like NFL world franchises

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:43 pm

£20M ;) :lol: And Marshall back + In the deal :o

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

He's clearly not, but as a statement of intent from warnock it's a point that he's 'not for sale'. Zohore could be next to priceless next season for us.

Yes, its a soundbite, nothing more. It is basically Warnock saying "hes an important player and I dont want to sell him". But Warnock knows saying something like this will create a headline.

Warnock, I imagine like most modern day managers, has no dealings with player sales. It is between the buying club, the player and the chairman. Warnock is a short term fixture in Cardiff City's immediate future (2 seasons tops?), if Tan thinks an £8m offer is acceptable and will help the club then he will be gone regardless of what Warnock says publicly.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 am

SnackaJack wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Yes, its a soundbite, nothing more. It is basically Warnock saying "hes an important player and I dont want to sell him". But Warnock knows saying something like this will create a headline.

Warnock, I imagine like most modern day managers, has no dealings with player sales. It is between the buying club, the player and the chairman. Warnock is a short term fixture in Cardiff City's immediate future (2 seasons tops?), if Tan thinks an £8m offer is acceptable and will help the club then he will be gone regardless of what Warnock says publicly.

When it reaches certain figures it most certainly goes well above the manager!... I personally think (hope) the club wouldn't sell for less than 10m, now I'm not saying he's rated at that after half a good season but that's what he's worth to us. If he goes and bangs in 20+ this year that figure could rise along with a play off spot!