Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we need to change the colour of the top teir?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 am

Surely just applying Cymru or Wales to the seats,seeing as how FAW seem keen on keeping Wales Home Games at CCS?

Re: Do we need to change the colour of the top teir?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 am

No change, after all it is the color of Wales :thumbup:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 am

i think it's the last thing we need to be spending money on at the moment. If rather it blue but not at the cost to the first team at the moment. if we ever get back up and need to use the stand then use some of that prem money and get it blue

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 am

Get them removed annd foot the bill to Tan.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am

Bit of a waste of money really, say it cost £300k-£500k to change it?

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:03 am

I agree with all of the above comments there is much better ways to spend money at the moment. Probably one day they will be replaced but right now it's not a priority.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:06 am

Fluorescent yellow/green should match our way kit every season lmao

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 am

Take out some red ones, design a red dragon in each stand and then replace them with the blue ones.
Simple.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:47 am

Personally I love to see the seats changed to blue white and yellow - but obviously it's goi g to cost and now is not really the time to be doing that! I mean we can't even fill the bowl with fans let alone the upper tier. I agree if we get promoted to the PL over the next few years then definitely change them! I get what people mean about keeping them red for Wales - that's the national colour after all and the Wales matches are at the CCS at the moment. However, we are Cardiff city not Wales FC just like West Ham aren't England FC or Celtic aren't Scotland FC! They dont go spreading the national colours all over their stadiums? Don't get me wrong - I'm a massive Wales fan have been to many of thier matches and are proud to be Welsh including the fact that Cardiff is Wales capital - I'm proud but for Cardiff city I'd just love those seats to be changed!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:20 pm

I'd like them changed as soon as possible.
I hate the red seats.
They are a constant reminder of the disasterous and damaging rebrand.
Change them to blue.
We are the Bluebirds after all.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 pm

But the CCS is a shared ground, Cardiff City (blue, whatever shade nowadays) and Wales (red). Lets be honest, the only time we fill the top tier is when Wales (red) play there.

I would remove the \o/ /o\ /o\ and go with Cymru, maybe a few grand in extra colours one way or the other.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Surely just applying Cymru or Wales to the seats, seeing as how FAW seem keen on keeping Wales Home Games at CCS?

Concentrate on the football rather than the seats! ;) :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:But the CCS is a shared ground, Cardiff City (blue, whatever shade nowadays) and Wales (red). Lets be honest, the only time we fill the top tier is when Wales (red) play there.

I would remove the \o/ /o\ /o\ and go with Cymru, maybe a few grand in extra colours one way or the other.

I agree we do let Wales play their matches in our stadium probably for a good fee but it may not be for good? Im not sure if it's shared as in a percentage owned by Wales and the other owned by Cardiff? If Wales did ever start playing elsewhere then we would be left with those red seats and Cymru (which is not a bad thing) but it's just not Cardiff city. I think the underlying issue with many is not so much the Wales issue but it's a reminder of the rebrand!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Attract bigger
Crowds through success and the stand will fill and nobody will see the poxy red seats.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:41 pm

I'd prefer them changed to blue asap given the choice. Pointless colour red that has nothing to do with our club apart from a sour recent history. Get rid.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 pm

As Skiprat points out - winning team and the seats will not be visible anyway. Don't waste any money on changing them.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:19 pm

I'd change them given the chance. Change them to blue and chuck a few swooping bluebirds up there a bit like Brighton have got at the AMEX, yellow and and white stripes at either end wouldnt go a miss either. Add a bit of character to the place. The red dont add character it brings bad memories.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Cardiff City are the Bluebirds and play in blue. Why would you need red seats?

StT.
<><

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:36 am

Sven wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Surely just applying Cymru or Wales to the seats, seeing as how FAW seem keen on keeping Wales Home Games at CCS?

And that was the problem Sven. People concentrated on the football more than our identity. Premiership over our roots and what we are. Crudely put SOLD OUT.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:14 am

Of course we need to change the seats back to blue. Sod wales who play there a few times a year.
I'm sure Tan could put his hand in his back pocket and come up with the loose change quite easily.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 am

You have to wonder about people still bringing up the rebrand. Move on what's done is done. You can't change it it is forever consigned to the history books.

Personally I think the red brings a bit of colour into the ground and it's also the home of Wales these days.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

And that was the problem Sven. People concentrated on the football more than our identity. Premiership over our roots and what we are. Crudely put SOLD OUT.

Ian, with the utmost respect few of us actually know the motivations of others during the dark period and a lot of lies were told in relation to almost every aspect; lots of which came from fans who used the situation to walk away after the slide began.

Indeed, I know people (personal friends and colleagues) who walked away for reasons other than the rebrand but publicly claimed it was as a direct result!

The football is the main reason we should be attending the stadium (what else is there? :? ) and far too many lost sight of that for far too long!

Did I care about the colour of the shirt they played in?

Too right I did!

Do I care about the colour of the seats in the unused Upper Ninian Stand?

Not really, although it would be a good gesture by the owner. However, if I'm being totally honest, it's a subject that rarely (if ever) enters my thoughts as I concentrate (as always) on supporting the team and not wasting my time on a temporary owner who has (eventually) started getting the club onto the balanced financial footing we all (with a few notable exceptions) screamed out for for so long! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Ian, with the utmost respect few of us actually know the motivations of others during the dark period and a lot of lies were told in relation to almost every aspect; lots of which came from fans who used the situation to walk away after the slide began.

Indeed, I know people (personal friends and colleagues) who walked away for reasons other than the rebrand but publicly claimed it was as a direct result!

The football is the main reason we should be attending the stadium (what else is there? :? ) and far too many lost sight of that for far too long!

Did I care about the colour of the shirt they played in?

Too right I did!

Do I care about the colour of the seats in the unused Upper Ninian Stand?

Not really, although it would be a good gesture by the owner. However, if I'm being totally honest, it's a subject that rarely (if ever) enters my thoughts as I concentrate (as always) on supporting the team and not wasting my time on a temporary owner who has (eventually) started getting the club onto the balanced financial footing we all (with a few notable exceptions) screamed out for for so long! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Exactly this, we have an exciting season coming up (hopefully) keep the focus on the pitch and enjoy it.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:43 pm

It would be nice to focus on the pitch but my eyes keep getting drawn to those embarrassing red seats in the stand.....

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:It would be nice to focus on the pitch but my eyes keep getting drawn to those embarrassing red seats in the stand.....

Do you sit in the Grand Stand? :?

From where I sit (focussing on the pitch) they are behind me, so I can't see them anyway! ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 pm

As seen in just this thread, the rebrand still causes arguments and discord.
Only when all aspects of the rebrand have been reversed will we as a fan base be able to move on together once again.
It would be a great sign from the club that they understood this if they did change them to blue.
I hope one day soon, they do.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:57 pm

[quote="Buchanan's Exocet"]As seen in just this thread, the rebrand still causes arguments and discord.
Only when all aspects of the rebrand have been reversed will we as a fan base be able to move on together once again.
It would be a great sign from the club that they understood this if they did change them to blue.
I hope one day soon, they do.[/quote

no mate those complaining will just move on to the next thing to complain about..Tan could dye himself blue and give everyone free STs ,free travel for a season.and some would still want a free pie and a pint.
the colour of the shirt meant EVERYTHING...until of course it became blue.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:58 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Surely just applying Cymru or Wales to the seats,seeing as how FAW seem keen on keeping Wales Home Games at CCS?

To make a change like that would not have to cost a fortune as you are only talking about replacing a % of the seats..

Maybe as fans, if it was felt that strongly about, someone could approach the Club and ask could they be replaced or something like you suggest be added if the fans raise the funds, you never know, Tan might actually agree and go 50/50 on it.

Someone could set up a crowd funding page and it could be done once the funds were raised,

If everyone who bought a season ticket put £10 in over a season plus whatever other fans would put in plus you would have the money raised with 2 seasons to replace the lot.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Why are we debating this? The seats are being changed. I remember this post. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178328&p=1853463&hilit=Red+seats#p1853463

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Leon1927 wrote:Why are we debating this? The seats are being changed. I remember this post. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178328&p=1853463&hilit=Red+seats#p1853463

Clearly ITK!!!